New Defense Upgrades

michaelg21
michaelg21
Master Tactician
Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 2,196
I have to comment that I find it funny that all the ratings on the base upgrade post are "thumbs down". Not one positive rating. Why is this?  Constantly players complain that they can't stop base attackers no matter what they do. Even though there are people that do this relatively effectively-allowing only a top player able to defeat the base-the way it should be. It should never be impossible to stop a good player who has the proper skill needed. Yet they upgrade base defenses-which they do periodically and they aren't happy. You just can't please everyone. We already know there will be Tier 12 Conqueror hulls coming along- with an upgraded Infiltrator soon. The way it's always been.
  • PiratePeteX
    PiratePeteX
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 236
    I'm still upgrading portals to level 7, left them to last, as portals are pretty useless even at max level. Upgrade times are killing this game and Kix cannot see it because of coiners.
  • Rainbirds
    Rainbirds
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 226
    You can still roll for crews whilst upgrading the Great Hall, just use the drop down list

• Max Thornton
    Max Thornton
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,370
    16 days to upgrade a warehouse is absurd. The improvements aren't going to help much. I would expect 3 days for these meaningless upgrades. I have to wonder how much resources we'll need to build t-12 ships?
  • BlackGriever
    BlackGriever
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 435
    for this upgrade, hall are the first, 2nd to warehouse for more power, and then few turret ( 12 main turret ). last one are portal
  • DevilsReject97
    DevilsReject97
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,527
    for this upgrade, hall are the first, 2nd to warehouse for more power, and then few turret ( 12 main turret ). last one are portal
    Wrong, wrong, wrong.... 

Great Hall first, turret platforms (if you have upgrade tokens from the various TLCs), and then a portal.

After that, work on whatever you want....
  • BlackGriever
    BlackGriever
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 435
    it depend, for me i prefer warehouse first after hall,  even you upgrade turret, you cant change anything if there is not enough power
  • XVIII-Luna
    XVIII-Luna
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2018 Posts: 614
    This update doesn't give defenders anything that lasts. Deflections are going to get trashed with the next tier. Power consumption is going to spike with the next tier. The only defender items with longevity are tac mods and turret specials. The last time we got a turret special was Venator Warheads in Dec.2019 and Escalation Pyre in Aug.2019. We did get a tac mod recently though, only for its effect to be canceled out by IS3 immediately after.
    Blackbeard III said:
    Add, as you say, T12 Conqs 'coming soon' which will just melt stuff faster then current fleets do. & all there is are some c**ppy upgrades to Pangs. Yeah, this is just a money-maker for Kix.
    This is the sad part honestly. They swing the power one way very hard and then give it to the other side whenever they feel like they've had enough fun for a while. There's no balance. The last time PvP was balanced and fun was in T8 (except U2 Basilisk, f**k that thing) where you had a big variety of base layouts, fleet compositions and the most shocking part; multiple tiers of ships and turrets being used at the same time. All that while both sides had an equal chance of winning.

Now everyone has uses the same 3 conquerors and 5 copies of the only defender, all of which use the same exact builds. Significantly less factors to consider in the environment, yet not even close to being as fair or fun as the tier with the largest tech variety. Strange, isn't it?
    Started in 2011, sector 19.
  • BANZAI09
    BANZAI09
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 316
    I dont upgrade that **** again for nothing,it will not stop with this bull... upgrades, put the important buildings in front of the base,easy points given because its not worth the time to build this bull....upgrade it brings nothing
  • kixeyeuser_1411452520059_1370174266
    kixeyeuser_1411452520059_1370174266
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 27
    You can still roll for crews whilst upgrading the Great Hall, just use the drop down list

WOW that makes things so much better. 
    obeast 
  • Blackbeard III
    Blackbeard III
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 4,570
    Stillfort is running this game into the ground.

Apart from the PvP side of things, there's the PvE side. Was talking to a friend who logged in for the free 5 mil points in the raid, said he had NOTHING to raid with. Asked me what was best to get for his points, knew he didn't have it, so said BBU. Heck, he can't even change his base plan, dodgy laptop issue, I think.

He's at the point in the game where he can't advance, although has Gambits. Wow, he can do the FM, but getting meaningful points in Pillage to get raid tech? Coin-free? (he dropped some coin a while ago, for a raid, & said it was basically wasted) 

Basically, the only way he's getting back in the game is if Kix drops him a raid fleet. He doesn't have the Purifier, so can't get preps (remember when you could get preps with ANY hull, basically, that could deal enough damage?)

Hers's a thought, Kix:

Run a base campaign raid, co-op, & have no raid targets on the map, would save a ton of LAG for starters, would give folks a chance to do better in the game too

But here's the crux: If you're behind by a little bit, you've either got to buy a fleet to raid with, or beg. & said raid fleet bought might get you points, but it'll be so much better upgraded.

Ok, I'll bite, I'll drop US$80 for fleet & U1 upgrades to get back into the game somewhat, to be able to do a raid. Because Pillage isn't the catch-up it used to be, FM is a horrible thing (has been for a while, just look at the costs of stuff in the FM)

US$80 for a fleet that's good for 2 primary events, then 2 secondary events (raid & pillage) what a bargain.! (yeah, I have better deals on another game, & it doesn't matter if they're 5 years old or brand new, it's about balance, & skill)

They LIED to the player base also, re the 2 Tier 11 guard hulls, because there's no money in them. Who, if any, spent actual coin upgrading their Pangs? But I bet HEAPS of players (not pointing fingers here, but do know of THREE who coin alt accounts) who deffo coined up their Helios, Winterfant & Longshot upgrades. 

Image above is Stillfort when the 1st day of Bounty ends, & the prize store opens, & so do whale wallets.

Funny thing is, you'd think they'd give bases the advantage overall, you know, win a bunch, but still lose, because base hitters, if on a tear, will ALWAYS coin their dead fleet, but only idiots coin full base repairs.

With the upgrades (both base & hull--& getting those essential but stupid f*****g kits) locking folks into building/upgrading raid fleets, & then the horrible scramble to build an FM fleet when a new FM hull is dropped (I saw yesterday in Forums someone hadn't even started building his Gambits.!) which is basically ccoin the fleet or miss out on developing your raid fleet more (I worked on getting my Gambit fleet up & forgoing the raid fleet, not that I had the points to get top tier stuff with)

Stillfort seem to think thy can milk players of money, but how many log in, play for 15 minutes, rack up their 12-15h of fleets repairs, then log off?
  • Swashy_pirate
    Swashy_pirate
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 35
    They sell you improved defense for  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Then  immediately sell you improved offense for   $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Repeat often = kix business plan
    A person can save 1/2 the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    by only doing the offense part.
  • Blackbeard III
    Blackbeard III
    Unicorn Overlord
    Wonder when Moutain Level 2 is gunna come out

LOL
  • Blackbeard III
    Blackbeard III
    Unicorn Overlord
    I'm still upgrading portals to level 7, left them to last, as portals are pretty useless even at max level. Upgrade times are killing this game and Kix cannot see it because of coiners.
    When the new OP level comes out, you can use base parts to knock out your L7 portals :) 
  • MasterTR
    MasterTR
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 210
    Bring the tlc back to win some upgrade tokens kix.