Returning Player Needs Help !

MegaDeath12
MegaDeath12
Potential Threat
Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 73
hi , i've just returned to the game after 4 years and as expected all my stuff are outdated and useless now

i did the starter tlc and got the 3 fleets but since now is raid time i had no use for them atm

what i wanna know is why are we locked out of the raid and cant even attempt the lower targets ?

i know i wont get anything but i'd like to see how it is now but i must have tier 8-9 skirmish fleets to do them which is kinda stupid

so what can i do now as i cant seem to do any of the other things because they also require tier 8-9 ships to do

can only do good old salvage which is a worthless grind honestly 

can i play anything at all or do i have to wait a week before i can do things ingame ?

also is this raid the last of the skirmish ? whats the next raid gonna be ? 

and if anyone has any tips on how to move forward from this point i'd greatly appreciate it
  • Blackbeard III
    Blackbeard III
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 4,118
    You're locked out of those targets as your current fleets will simply melt in the targets, which I'm sure would **** you off. Take a little time to upgrade the Punisher MK-IIs & fit the Torchwelder thrower (a heavy weapon) from the FM, really makes that fleet shine in SSRBs (the old Drac bases) for an easy 500 base parts (base parts can be used for upgrading structures & also for equipping)

Until raid is over you're not going to be doing much, but perhaps ask people in your sector for help with Base Force TLC IF your Praetorians are allowed to kick it off (it's a co-op TLC) that'll give your base some much needed upgrades to help you get up to speed, although you probably don't have any portals yet (probably the 1st thing you'll want to start getting onto)

When FM kicks off, you'll find some cheap fleets to be had in Tier 1 of FM, use those Preatorians from the Beginners Treasure Trove to make a few points for those.

Did you get a Kix Lionfish fleet? If not, perhaps send a ticket asking very nicely if you could get it.

It's the 1st of 2 raids (raid cycles are just 2 raids now) for the skirmish cycle, although you don't have the required tech now, when Bounty is run, there'll be a co-op TLC that 'most' should be able to help you with in order to get that much-needed raid tech.

Lastly, if you haven't already, find a good crew to help you along in the game, as much has changed, & trying to figure it out by yourself isn't fun.
    Practicing piracy on the high seas for generations
  • MegaDeath12
    MegaDeath12
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 73
    thank you very much for the helpful response , i have a follow up question if you dont mind 

about the base defense TLC since my op and laps are a few levels behind the reward , eg: op lvl 11 and the reward for op lvl 13

will i get from op 11 to op 13 if i win that campaign or will i miss those upgrades ?

and one more question , if i use world chat to look for help rather than my empty sector chat will people be able to come to my sector ?

• Blackbeard III
    Blackbeard III
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 4,118
    Every building upgrade you see in the TLC is what you'll get, so any turrets that are very low in level, or other buildings, will automatically go to the reward level when you finish x prize pack, so completing Prize Pack 3 will grant you OP Level 13.

If you chat in world comms, others will be able to respond to you, note that their sector will be denoted by the last 1 or 2 digits in their name/ID, ie, blah blah name 12345 ID - 1 (denoting sector 1)
    Practicing piracy on the high seas for generations