2021 M1 iPad Pro 12.9” - Game Doesn’t Work

g95747
g95747
Potential Threat
Joined Feb 2017 Posts: 35
edited 22 May 2021, 12:05AM
If you haven’t already seen it yourself, game doesn’t work on iOS with the new iPad’s.  Can load the game but menus are missing and when you click on a fleet you get a screen full of lines.

https://youtu.be/KCc6nRdDLv0

• CM Dade Murphy
    CM Dade Murphy
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 760
    Hey there, I'm sorry to hear there are graphical issues while using your new iPad. Please let our customer service team know in a support ticket, which will allow us to collect some information from you and also track the issue: https://vegaconflict.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
  • Dark729
    Dark729
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 69
    Hey there, I'm sorry to hear there are graphical issues while using your new iPad. Please let our customer service team know in a support ticket, which will allow us to collect some information from you and also track the issue: https://vegaconflict.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    It's been mentioned by InfinitySqrd that it appears to be linked to iOS 14 which the newer iPads can't seem to downgrade from. 
  • Dark Padawan
    Dark Padawan
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 6

Approaching a month without being able to use new iPad models. Any update?

• g95747
    g95747
    Potential Threat
    App updated today and still M1 iPad’s don’t work.  Please fix!
  • lloydriford
    lloydriford
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 5
    11” new iPad Pro also does not show menu buttons and goes to horizontal lines for fleets and other things. Is there any fix in sight?
  • g95747
    g95747
    Potential Threat

It’s been almost two months and still doesn’t work and no official statement.

Other developers test new equipment before it even launches…

• CM Dade Murphy
    CM Dade Murphy
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 760
    This is still on our radar, and our engineers will investigate as soon as they're able.
  • g95747
    g95747
    Potential Threat
    This is still on our radar, and our engineers will investigate as soon as they're able.
    WILL INVESTIGATE?  Meaning it’s been a known problem for 2 MONTHS and hasn’t even been looked at?!

Wow
  • lloydriford
    lloydriford
    Greenhorn
    Is there any word on this problem?
  • g95747
    g95747
    Potential Threat

3 month since I posted this. 3 MONTHS

App developers have months of advanced notice on new equipment and can even get test devices! There should never have even been a single day the new hardware shouldn’t work, but 3 months is absurd.

M1 architecture is the future of all Apple products and this needs to be fixed ASAP!

• lloydriford
    lloydriford
    Greenhorn
    Please let us know if there will be a fix to this problem.
  • duzertozer
    duzertozer
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 243
    such a joke . fix this asap my friends have no choice but to quit.
  • g95747
    g95747
    Potential Threat
    4 months and counting.
  • lloydriford
    lloydriford
    Greenhorn
    The down time report says nothing about a fix for this problem. Are we abandoned?
  • duzertozer
    duzertozer
    Minor Nuisance
    apparently so. come on guys fix this. there are players in my alliance that want to play but cant, are falling behind and are likely to quit if something doesn't happen soon.
  • g95747
    g95747
    Potential Threat

5 MONTHS.  This has been going on for 5 MONTHS.

I have stopped playing as have multiple in my alliance.  Always wondered how Kixeye would ultimately kill the game.  Guess not working with new hardware will be it.
  • lloydriford
    lloydriford
    Greenhorn
    Another down time and still no fix. Please tell us if this will be fixed.
  • duzertozer
    duzertozer
    Minor Nuisance
    Yes please fix this ASAP! i have alliance members that cant play and likely wont come back if it takes much longer.
  • g95747
    g95747
    Potential Threat

6 MONTHS, HALF A YEAR and still no fix.

Already stopped playing but logged in to check. I can’t believe Kixeye has chosen to ignore this issue for so long.