Will there be nerfs to bases in the upcoming update?

Blake Xavier
Blake Xavier
Potential Threat
Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 51
Hi there, I saw over the last month and before that people complaining about the base spawners and them being 'overpowered' on low level bases due to it being practically impossible to kill the bases. Although there are some strategies now, it's still inevitably going to be difficult or impossible for some bases.

Regardless, you guys mentioned it was something you were going to bring up to the dev team, and due to the fact this downtime was delayed, I expected it to be a big one. I'm happy to hear that repair times are being reduced from T1 to T6 to be lower, but I think another change REQUIRED is the build and refit times to be decreased on some of the later tech. As a mark elite umbra battleship should not take a week to refit or build.

Anyway, getting side-tracked, will bases be nerfed this update? Or ever at all? It's best to tell people now so that they don't waste their levels adding something to their base that will be nerfed making the bases high level and using not so good spawner tech. Thanks!
  • CM Dade Murphy
    CM Dade Murphy
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 760
    I was asked on Discord yesterday if we have plans to rebalance T9 base content, so I followed up with the team. It's on our radar, and hopefully something we'll be able to explore in the future, however this has not been cemented into our roadmap as of now. If/when this gets placed onto our roadmap and is coming up in the following month, I'll mention it's coming up in the monthly CM Diary.
  • EQUINOX 600
    EQUINOX 600
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 848
    Bases do not need nerfed, I am not sure what level you are or what ships you are using but bases are incredibly weak even with spawners, an utterly maxed base can be killed with just 1 ship using its built in energy special and its main weapons for spawner defense and it will kill the base in under a min and walk out with around 5% damage and minimal effort, or the good old sniper with defense ships and it only takes 1 sniper and 2 or 3 defense ships ti kill a base.  so if anything bases are utterly weak but i guess it all depends on what skill level you are and what ships you are using  and well if you are having difficulty with bases ether you are using the wrong ships / strategy or you are looking for them to be further nerfed so you can be lazy tank roll them
           Those ships are silly the people would need to be the size of ants to use them.
  • Aletheides
    Aletheides
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1,963
    edited 1 Feb 2021, 7:00AM
    Due to mainly the Arc special, base fights have been made irrelevant. It does not matter if the base is maxed one properly fitted Arc will solo kill it with little to no damage. Doesn't really incentivise coining anything base related.
  • cderalow
    cderalow
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 278
    I don't think some folks realize.

there's a wide disparity in bases because of t9 tech.

I was hitting a 70 base the other day, that had multiple level 1 spawned ships.  now imagine, a 75 or 80 level fleet (realistically t7 or t8) putting up with 3000dps constantly.  obviously, a fleet with sub 100k health doesn't last long at all against that.

on the other end of the spectrum, at the 99+ level, you have arcs that can single handedly lay waste to a base because the native prime special puts out over 300k damage on its last bounce at mk4, let alone mk5 or mkE.

it really shouldn't be possible to single shot a maxed out bridge with dual energy dissipators; but it happens, every time.

a max out, well laid base still dies, though the arc suffers all of an hour repair.

really, the proper way to fix this is to reduce the arc's prime damage rate against modules to like 50%, and adjust the balance of base XP so weapons have their own proportionate share.

You'll find most of the low level bases with spawners have minimal armor or shields (or they're using older researchable armor or shields) which helps keep their XP lower.  One Omniphase field 3 had a ridiculous amount of XP associated with it.
  • crowbottom425
    crowbottom425
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2017 Posts: 47
    I was asked on Discord yesterday if we have plans to rebalance T9 base content, so I followed up with the team. It's on our radar, and hopefully something we'll be able to explore in the future, however this has not been cemented into our roadmap as of now. If/when this gets placed onto our roadmap and is coming up in the following month, I'll mention it's coming up in the monthly CM Diary.
    so you reply toi someone asking for bases to be nerfed but not to people who ask for them to be buffed. so you only care about coiners who slam bases and rim them with single ships and using coins to spam reps until they either get a bubble or solo rim without skill. bases attacks need to have cooldowns to prevent constant base holding or base attacks that result in a bubble by a coiner repping there fleet repeatedly on your base whilst you cant do anything, and bases need to be buffed to repel people mostly coiners who cba learning how to play a game and only want to bully those who play for fun.

the majority of the player base are not coiners and your **** on us every update and give no clarification on what your doing or why you only throw more content at us and no fixes for broken systems like base combat or base guards etc etc full of it you are how you can reply to someone who says base nerf but not the countless complaints you could even make a post but instead you revert to the same old words i will ask the team etc etc no wonder your still here and all others got fired or sent on vacation your a perfect lap dog
  • Blake Xavier
    Blake Xavier
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 51
    so you reply toi someone asking for bases to be nerfed but not to people who ask for them to be buffed. so you only care about coiners who slam bases and rim them with single ships and using coins to spam reps until they either get a bubble or solo rim without skill. bases attacks need to have cooldowns to prevent constant base holding or base attacks that result in a bubble by a coiner repping there fleet repeatedly on your base whilst you cant do anything, and bases need to be buffed to repel people mostly coiners who cba learning how to play a game and only want to bully those who play for fun.

the majority of the player base are not coiners and your **** on us every update and give no clarification on what your doing or why you only throw more content at us and no fixes for broken systems like base combat or base guards etc etc full of it you are how you can reply to someone who says base nerf but not the countless complaints you could even make a post but instead you revert to the same old words i will ask the team etc etc no wonder your still here and all others got fired or sent on vacation your a perfect lap dog
    Correction: I'm not asking for them to nerf it, I'm asking IF they will, so I know whether it's worth putting this stuff on the base or not.