Mouse Hovering vs Ship Selected - HTML (Fleet Selection)

ryan723
ryan723
Master Tactician
Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 2,300
Not sure if Kixeye is aware of this issue, or if anyone else is having it, but when in HTML, and I am going to add ships to my fleet, if I have my cursor over the right half of the image, it will actually select and preview that the ship to it's right. I am not talking about a minor disrecpency, it's just shy of the middle. 
Lucky Luke wrote: »
Our group has started to call them Zombie fleets....for obvious reasons.

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/7492/mynewsig.png
I will be following this thread with interest. Please carry on.
  • bwacklin
    bwacklin
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 2
    I have the same issue but about 75% of the bar is affected.
  • john.evans.792
    john.evans.792
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 2
    ryan723 said:
    Not sure if Kixeye is aware of this issue, or if anyone else is having it, but when in HTML, and I am going to add ships to my fleet, if I have my cursor over the right half of the image, it will actually select and preview that the ship to it's right. I am not talking about a minor disrecpency, it's just shy of the middle. 
    i have had the same problem does my head in 
  • ryan723
    ryan723
    Master Tactician
    This has been ongoing for a few months for me, but I wasn't worried about it until the stabilazation issue was fixed as I kept reverting back to flash. But now that HTML is running super smooth now, I feel like this can be looked into :) 

• Drax
    Drax
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,755
    Yeah I have this, get it wrong and it selects the ship to the right, so have to make sure my mouse is pointing at the left side of the box to select the ship I really want. 

Had the same issue in flash but no where near as bad as it is in HTML
  • ryan723
    ryan723
    Master Tactician
    Drax said:
    Yeah I have this, get it wrong and it selects the ship to the right, so have to make sure my mouse is pointing at the left side of the box to select the ship I really want. 

I don't remember it being an issue with Flash, but in a couple of weeks, it won't matter, as HTML will be the only option we have. However, for troubleshooting purposes, it's good to know it is affecting both platforms.

I did forget to mention that I play BP on FB - I wonder if it fares better results on the Kixeye game page.

• Drax
    Drax
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,755
    ryan723 said:
    Drax said:

I don't remember it being an issue with Flash, but in a couple of weeks, it won't matter, as HTML will be the only option we have. However, for troubleshooting purposes, it's good to know it is affecting both platforms.

I did forget to mention that I play BP on FB - I wonder if it fares better results on the Kixeye game page.
    No, i play 99% of the time in Kixeye.com. I am guessing it the same wherever you play.
  • phil.rothwell.5
    phil.rothwell.5
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,298
    I have been experiencing the same issue plus if you hit the sweet spot to quick it loads the ship to the right. As it is selecting this one before it changes its mind and reselects the one you hovering over. Very annoying all the same when you are doing TLC and in base to insta repair all hulls individually.

I am hoping StillKix are not assuming that HTML5 will be running successfully when there are the same unfixed bugs as Flash had before they started conversion, somehow I am feeling yep thats their game plan...To not be a gaming company that runs without unfixed issues.
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 6,696
    We had the same bug years ago. Seems its come back again.
  • ryan723
    ryan723
    Master Tactician
    I have been experiencing the same issue plus if you hit the sweet spot to quick it loads the ship to the right. As it is selecting this one before it changes its mind and reselects the one you hovering over. Very annoying all the same when you are doing TLC and in base to insta repair all hulls individually.

I am hoping StillKix are not assuming that HTML5 will be running successfully when there are the same unfixed bugs as Flash had before they started conversion, somehow I am feeling yep thats their game plan...To not be a gaming company that runs without unfixed issues.

Unfortunately, there isn't a choice in the matter, Flash is ending on it's own, has absolutely nothing to do with Kixeye, they have been making awesome strides with HTML, I always reverted back to Flash up until 2 months ago or so because until the game was actually playable in HTML, it was a nightmare, and I remember there was a discussion regarding it to be a downloadable game, but getting that to fruition was also a nightmare/not doable to ensure all who currently enjoy the game, can continue on enjoying it, despite the bugs here and there. 

But I am grateful for all the free stuff that Kixeye has been providing and the ability to switch back to Flash in the meantime. They have really stepped up in their generosity to their players. 

But they do have to prioritize the bug fixes - ones that affect the most players, to ones that affect a small amount of players, and of course you have to consider the replication factor, if they cannot replicate an issue, it makes impossible to fix. But that goes with any company. 

Perhaps, we could cloud compute and allow Kixeye to pull a player selected amount of computer resources and pass onto other players to help better their gameplay. We would just need to install something on our end, I'm sure but why not :):smile:

• Graeme_G50
    Graeme_G50
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 17
    This issue has been around for months, if not longer and was in flash as well. The problem is the ship images are too big for the space allocated. You would think that it would not be too hard to resize all the images so that they fit the spaces properly but this seems beyond kix who would rather invest time on ridiculous firing arcs and subs that are not sub, and not fixing stuff that has been broken for many years or working on quality of life improvements that have been asked for forever.
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 3,452
    ryan723 said:
    Passing this along, thanks! 
    Battle Pirates Community Manager
  • jmisunas11
    jmisunas11
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 88
    The malfunction is inherent in ship profiling (meaning the dimensions of the particular ship as defined when on the map). Rather than using the outline of the box containing the ship as delimiters, the software defaults to the dimensions of the ship profile being displayed. So if the ship being displayed in the box has a profile that extends beyond the box, that ship will be selected, rather than the ship that is IN THE BOX.
  • Alexa the BAE
    Alexa the BAE
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 827
    ryan723 said:

I'm not sure exactly what you are describing, but is it by chance similar to this gem?

I can not repair fleets with html.

"a computer once beat me at chess but it was no match for me at kick boxing"
  • ryan723
    ryan723
    Master Tactician
    ryan723 said:

I'm not sure exactly what you are describing, but is it by chance similar to this gem?

Wow, that it definitely not exactly what I am talking about - what I was desrcibing will still allow you to select the correct ship and add to fleet, but careful placement of the cursor is needed. As even in the same box, almost dead center, it will select and preview the ship to the right side. I tried to screenshot but somehow the cursor doesn't appear on the screenshot, this would require video, which I am more then happy to make and post. Just didn't necessarily want to lol. 

Have you tried any other browser besides firefox? I've always used Chrome.

• ryan723
    ryan723
    Master Tactician
    ryan723 said:
    Passing this along, thanks! 
    Tag For Whale From Nemo  Just Keep Swimming Ellen Degeneres Gif By Disney  Pixar S The Sounds Of Blue Whale Wedding Weddingbee La Sirenita Nemo Find  Make Share Gfycat Gifs - LowGif

Much appreciated!

• CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 3,452
    ryan723 said:

This is a different issue, but jut to confirm, have you filed a ticket on this one? I can follow up from my end if you share the #. Thanks, Alexa! 
    Battle Pirates Community Manager