Game Lag

Just Another Player
Just Another Player
Minor Nuisance
Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 212
As far as a browser is concerned, I use Opera GX for this.  I login directly through kixeye.com to play and don't go through any other sub-platform such as Facebook or Gameroom.  I have dedicated it strictly for Battle Pirates only!  By that, I mean I do not browse anywhere outside of kixeye.com with GX.  There are so many other browsers such as Chrome, Edge, Brave, etc., that you can use for your everyday browsing.  Over time, they become congested with trackers and everything else that tries to gather as much information about you possible and that's what creates so much lag in the game.  You can clear your cache (history & cookies) but this does nothing for all the leaching trackers.  
By using Opera GX or whatever browser you choose strictly and only for Battle Pirates, you keep all of that crap to a minimum and it will run much smoother.  I have been using it for several months with very minimal problems like crashing or playing with everything being 'choppy' in motion.  Those only seem to happen when there are events such as bounty or the monthly raid.
Give it a try to see what I mean.
New Ship, figure out, refit, refit refit, refit...new turret, new base defense special / armor, new ship, figure out, refit, refit, refit.  REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT.  That's Kixeye in a nutshell.
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 3,419
    As far as a browser is concerned, I use Opera GX for this.  I login directly through kixeye.com to play and don't go through any other sub-platform such as Facebook or Gameroom.  I have dedicated it strictly for Battle Pirates only!  By that, I mean I do not browse anywhere outside of kixeye.com with GX.  There are so many other browsers such as Chrome, Edge, Brave, etc., that you can use for your everyday browsing.  Over time, they become congested with trackers and everything else that tries to gather as much information about you possible and that's what creates so much lag in the game.  You can clear your cache (history & cookies) but this does nothing for all the leaching trackers.  
    By using Opera GX or whatever browser you choose strictly and only for Battle Pirates, you keep all of that crap to a minimum and it will run much smoother.  I have been using it for several months with very minimal problems like crashing or playing with everything being 'choppy' in motion.  Those only seem to happen when there are events such as bounty or the monthly raid.
    Give it a try to see what I mean.
    Thanks for the feedback! I've seen a number of folks having decent experiences with Opera. Are you using HTML5 currently? 
    Battle Pirates Community Manager
  • Just Another Player
    Just Another Player
    Minor Nuisance
    Thanks for the feedback! I've seen a number of folks having decent experiences with Opera. Are you using HTML5 currently? 
    Yes, it has finally become playable.  Let's hope all the bugs are gone before the end of the year :smile:
    New Ship, figure out, refit, refit refit, refit...new turret, new base defense special / armor, new ship, figure out, refit, refit, refit.  REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT.  That's Kixeye in a nutshell.
  • Just Another Player
    Just Another Player
    Minor Nuisance
    Just in case anyone is interested in trying it out, here is the link for the download.
    Cheers!

https://www.opera.com/gx
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 3,419
    Just Another Player said:
    Yes, it has finally become playable.  Let's hope all the bugs are gone before the end of the year :smile:
    So glad to hear it. We'll keep working on it! :) Closing thread. 
    Battle Pirates Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.