STEAMLINING : PvP and PvE

aagnii
aagnii
Minor Nuisance
Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 173
Planning ahead to steam line the game amidst this rush and chaos
PvP
-New turrets, flag defender, gatekeeper upgrade, its more or less killed off base hitting  ( new turrets, base parts gets them in asap. )
Overlord build: slow build, use tokens from FM, TLC on now or then TLO.. it has been around a while so most have it in.
Gatekeeper upgrade, even 1 at u1 gatekeeper , changes the equation drastically

On the other hand, the basers: Hounds, Trenchers and hellswarms.. 
Upgrade available
Time to upgrade: trenchers get done quick but as a fleet, with even upgrade  % chance in most bases for  a win is very low
Warhounds: 5 ships to upgrade: time to upgrade high.. most dont attempt that ( TLO's are the best bet)
Hellswarms: u1, speed boost, against the new turrets/ overlord and u1 gatekeeper: tough chance to break a base.. wud need 4.. last slot blocked as choice is the trencher to tank overlord
Overall base hitting is at a stand still.. player just sit in the base and collect medals from fails

so base def is fixed rather fast but the present basers, upgrades are not good enough or  else time to upgrade  needs looked at.
several may disagree  as base hitting does go on but generally, as seen, its a dead area

New baser expected in Jan, so its 2 months of very low base hitting activity. Game loses revenue, players lose interest.

Suggestion:
Reduce upgrade time to get the player to be interested to try hitting if they get a hull / fleet upgraded fast
Add in conq upgrade tokens in FM/ daily chests/ events ( priced reasonably and an amount that will help move this process along at a fast pace)

=================================================================================

PvE
The usual:
Raid cycle now, 2 month with a overlap.
simple fix: increase the cycle/ longevity of the hull in a raid environment
Blitz helps generate revenue but as is, the player base as seen from ground zero, declining as participation is less
Raid targets: Reduce completion duration by making atleast one  to be auto friendly  , difficulty can be varied..but Time to kill a target has to be reduced to around the 3 min mark . 

The cost of tokens in events, its not been looked into for months. every event , even if said to be a catch up, the prize costs seem to be copy/ pasted 
the inability to keep on par makes the game lose a lot of medium level coiners. Top bracket, more or less is unaffected as everything is sorted with the time limited offers

Weekly FM : of the many, can suggest that every 2 months, after raid cycle is over, drop the cost of the armors/ specials and related components of that past cycle by half or less..
THAT IS GIVING THE PLAYER A CHANCE TO ACTUALLY CATCH UP

==================================================================================

Remind yourself again, this game runs on a very strong interaction between players. Friendships formed in alliances creates the bond which acts like a super glue to keep the game running, not the present content or game, as is
Disagree as much as  one can , but after over 9 years in the game.. i defiantly understand the player base far better than anyone sitting behind the money counters in the offices.
The devs, mods and working team we see in discord, amazing job done and absolutely no complains ..its the decision making team , that are failing.. in a bad way.

Stay safe  everyone and happy sailing pirates.

You can run.. But u cant hide.... 
  • mauijewels
    mauijewels
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 144
    Bravo sir .. super well said.

One thing i would add is maybe add kits to fm for pvp and pve?  
  • kixeyeuser_1396430768710_100008111316190
    kixeyeuser_1396430768710_100008111316190
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 244
    This is what would be done to help.

raid was grind grind to a point that i was losing concentration, and thus lots more repairs. a lot could be done, i.e. hiring people rather than using the Artifical crap that does nothing.

get rid of the bit coin algorithims as well. that is slowing my pc down, this is the only game i play online that takes a chit load of resources. i.e. cpu, gpu, ram. 
  • DPR
    DPR
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 587
    As per the OP some of the points i have been raising for the past few months especially about FM prize costs not depreciating quick enough, also cost of tech in events is not reviewed on a monthly / raid cycle 

As for upgrade kits get rid of them altogether the time upgrades take is enough 
  • despite all my rage
    despite all my rage
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 11
    Very well said
  • ironsides145
    ironsides145
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 45
    well said Agni 
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 3,419
    Thanks for posting, Agni. I think there are some good points here, and I absolutely agree that you have excellent experience and insight. I've been with Battle Pirates for roughly a year and a half, and I appreciate the perspectives of pirates who have been around since the beginning. 

We do have available upgrade campaigns (Creeping Barrage, Shadow and Flame) for Trencher and Hellswarm. And I think there's a lot of merit to examining tokens/pricing. I've forwarded this along to the team for a quick read through. Thanks, all. 

Battle Pirates Community Manager
  • John1975
    John1975
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 2,338
    The disconnect here is some think they should grab the new hull and sail up to "Joes" base one of the top players (has everything built maxed out and proper set up) and smash joes base.  That should not happen ever.  Person that has "everything" should absolutely be very close to unbeatable. 

There are loads fo "fish in the sea" that do not have everything nor know how to properly build/set up Those are the bases you should be getting in with new stuff. 

Othere wise its no challenge and is like playing with god mode on. That gets super boring real fast as in minutes 
    BadMoFo RYFG TTMX Level 117
  • Ice_DS
    Ice_DS
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 378
    100% agree...but also as Maui stated, Kits need to be available to win more often than once a month....and the cost of the kits should be MUCH lower as it's just a component for a longer process.....PvP upgrades should be 3 days max per ship.
  • krysst
    krysst
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 24
    I quote a friend "With upgrades to hulls coming thick and fast but not new hulls would it not be a good idea to let generic ship build tokens from FM be capable of being used on upgrades???? please and thank you"

• Excellent agni...well said....no one hitting now and upgrades way to long
  • Dopey_87
    Dopey_87
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 233
    Well said

PvP is not balanced very well right now. Despite what people on fourms will tell you, defense is wayyyy too strong and upgrading do not fix that...PvP upgrades should not exist. And I am not buying an LTO for that! As you said, with no hitting game loses profit, players lose interest.

We should 1000% have an auto target in the raid. They claimed the 140 was auto...but you could not auto it well even with the fix. Last raid was not engaging for me, the lack of an auto target made it far worse.

Kix should 100% lower the cost of FM prizes 2 months (heck, even 1 month) after they are used. And, remove all the old prizes just sitting there doing nothing. 

Annnd finally, Alliances could have more work and features pushed into them to make it more fun to play with your alliance. But we all know that nothing new is added...it's just groundhog day in the Hamster wheel over and over and over again!
    Holy fudged pants!! you agreed with someone other than Kix this time!! seems the grind is getting to be too much for even the most devout players nowadays. Nice to know.

Love it when the fanboys get frustrated... now you know how us lil common pleabs/mild coiners feel when trying to keep pace with everything at a breakneck pace. 

Before anyone says "You can keep up if you (fill in bullfeathers here)...." , sometimes RL gets in the way, so stuff it... that simple.  
  • jschlueter1
    jschlueter1
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 714
    Dopey_87 said:
    Well said

PvP is not balanced very well right now. Despite what people on fourms will tell you, defense is wayyyy too strong and upgrading do not fix that...PvP upgrades should not exist. And I am not buying an LTO for that! As you said, with no hitting game loses profit, players lose interest.

We should 1000% have an auto target in the raid. They claimed the 140 was auto...but you could not auto it well even with the fix. Last raid was not engaging for me, the lack of an auto target made it far worse.

Kix should 100% lower the cost of FM prizes 2 months (heck, even 1 month) after they are used. And, remove all the old prizes just sitting there doing nothing. 

Annnd finally, Alliances could have more work and features pushed into them to make it more fun to play with your alliance. But we all know that nothing new is added...it's just groundhog day in the Hamster wheel over and over and over again!
    Holy fudged pants!! you agreed with someone other than Kix this time!! seems the grind is getting to be too much for even the most devout players nowadays. Nice to know.

Love it when the fanboys get frustrated... now you know how us lil common pleabs/mild coiners feel when trying to keep pace with everything at a breakneck pace. 

Before anyone says "You can keep up if you (fill in bullfeathers here)...." , sometimes RL gets in the way, so stuff it... that simple.  
    Reading what you wrote, "bullfeathers" sums it up nicely.
  • jschlueter1
    jschlueter1
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 714
    Well said

You mean like all the old stuff in Prize Pool 4 that nobody uses that they make you spend points on just to get the chest?
  • qualtera
    qualtera
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 3
    With all the upgrades coming through would it not be helpful to be able to use FM chest tokens to speed up these upgrades

• Mercury413
    Mercury413
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 83
    Here is a suggestion for streamlining/shaking-up PVP and alliances.  Drop the current system of gaining ally points.  Having all the active alliances running around hitting the easiest bases they can find to make their quota is a pointless chore for the bigger players and a perpetual source of irritation for those casual players/newbies constantly being hit by players way more powerful than they are. 

Currently medals don't give you anything except bragging rights: perhaps use them to determine alliance points.  On reset you gain your ally points based on winning a certain number of medals from players in other alliances (loses don't count against the attacker's ally points, but the successful defender does gain).  The system already currently determines how many medals you can win/lose based on the relative number of medals held by the two players, so some potential parity is built in.  I know that some players will likely try to game this by dumping medals before reset, but that is no worse than the current system, and I would think far more players would search out appropriate targets.  Other tweaks might prevent/reduce the benefit of dumping. 

If there was more parity in ally point hitting, more newer players could be encouraged to join alliances.  The argument "I went through it, others should to" needs to be abandoned if you want to keep newer players engaged.  (FWIW, I went through it twice as i started a long time ago, left the game and came back.  I haven't been hit for ally points for a long time now, and really don't enjoy the chore of hitting easier bases for points.  So much else has changed over the past 10 years in the game and there is no reason to perpetuate a system just because it exists -- there is far too much of that in the game as it is).

Bottom line, rework existing elements of the game to promote player engagement and a meaningful challenge to get the benefits of ally points; reduce pointless chores and alienating newer players.
  • barb1
    barb1
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 57
    Very well said, and specially reduce the upgrade times 
  • Bin_Chicken
    Bin_Chicken
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 112
    edited 22 Nov 2020, 7:13PM
    barb1 said:
    Very well said, and specially reduce the upgrade times 

• DPR
    DPR
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 587
    Well said

Have to agree with most of this.

For the FM definately reduce prize costs as soon as it replaced by the next cycle, as for all the filler prizes (useless crap) this is created by the excessive amount of limited items which do not disappear 

A good way to deal with this would be to have current tech in T5 previous raid tech in T4 and so on evbentually all the less usefull tech will be in T1 where it will be. The prize costs could also be scaled by T level reducing as they drop through the tiers 

1. available for newer players, non coiners, or peopole who have taken a break playing catch up
    2. ignored by coiners and regular players who are upto date

Granted the initial setup would require some effort from kix, Once in place though it should be simple enough to change with the weekly updates when required.
  • qualtera
    qualtera
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 3
    Looks like most players in agreement on this, just wondering if we being heard or not