IS THIS GAME FUN BY DIEING IN 99 OF 100 BASES?

• Paul Fisher75
    Paul Fisher75
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2020 Posts: 9
    edited 18 Nov 2020, 11:49PM
    LOL ,i  am am lvl 113 and can not  get smashed by   lvl 130?+ Here is an idea make game about skill . I was told it was years ago it was . I am 6 months to game . And idiots lose in my my base . Proper hitters DON'T , because they check and see dangers ' Idiots run and die . Even thou i would like to see 50/50 on how good drivers and defence . 
  • JunkYard 3.0
    JunkYard 3.0
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 76
    @CM_Ghillie

I'll be blunt, you need to roll the buffs to the Conquerors BEFORE Bounty so we as a player base can figure out how things are going to work. The last thing any of us want is a cluster of a Bounty like the last one, where everyone basically quit day one.

Furthermore, your nerf to the Harrower only made it worse than it already was. Don't come out with some U1 update... FIX THE FREAKING HULL.

you must have lost some pieces of ya brain right? cause this bounty gonna be horrible for most who hit player bases , cause most bases cant be broken , if yours got broken figure it out man , as the game tips completely to the defend side the moment ...

"Treat people how you like to be Treat"
  • Max Thornton
    Max Thornton
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,100
    28 bubbles in my neighborhood. Not the whole sector, just in my area. If you can't walk through a base, then you need to work on your fleets.
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 6,431

To answer the question in the title: no

@Kim William Harnagel said:
    and the diary got it wrong-attackers are killing the game again and now they give them even more power with upgrades to the wh and helstorm and the trenchers-whales complain 'i cant click back of base and win" so kix runs to the rescue again.no love for defense  AGAIN! so sad.

Attackers have a massive disadvantage ever since the Overlord was introduced. Upgrades to these current levels have been nowhere near enough to offset the Overlord, and the harrower was a flop

@carl.wear.3 said:
    (Quote)
    just what are you hitting the bases with? gunboats?  The u1 conqueror hulls are unstopable in most NORMAL bases.

Man what conqueror hulls do you have? Mine get totally wrecked. Furthermore, my base has gotten beat 1 time in the last MONTH which is not because I have a good base, but because not many people are attacking and base defense is really strong right now.

All people need to do is put in an Overlord in a killzone with some short and long range turrets shooting at that, and attackers are slowed down to a crawl

For everyone saying “oh well it’s time for defenders to have their turn”...most people who actually do PvP do BOTH attacking and defending and want to have fun and do both things. It’s not only attackers or only defenders...people do both things.

The overlord is JUNK. 
    base defense,
    overlord; got one; piranha, got 1, gatekeeper, got3. Hts, got them, killzone, covered by 5 short range HTs and a lot of launcher HTs.

here comes the attack

conq fleet hits base and comes flying at at 100mil miles an hour, rushes up to first portal, BANG, BANG, portal is gone; rushes up to next portal, BANG BANG, portal is gone, rushes past piranha and gatekeepers and overlord and BANG BANG, there goes last portal, rushes behind the OP and BANG, BANG, BANG there goes the OP even WITH mountains in the way to block the incoming fire. and then the base is killed from behind.
    My turrets bang bang bang bang, bang putting 100 million billion gazallion rounds into the attacking fleet AND THEY DO NOTHING TO THEM. The HTS BARLY SCRATCH THEM.

The slowdown effect from the overlord DOESN'T WORK. The portals DON'T LAST LONG ENOUGH to keep them in a kill zone, the HTS DON'T DO ENOUGH DAMAGE. The normal turrets DON'T DO ANY DAMAGE.

No idea why the whales are saying the bases are overpowered when they are NOT. The conqueror hulls are too fast, to resistant to damage and just FAR TOO OVERPOWERED in general!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then there is the defense tech.  Thats a joke in itself. ignoring the lack of damage from them; most defense tech is hidden away behind insane prices in bounty, same with the shards to improve them. defense hulls take FOREVER to BUILD, RANK and upgrade. defense tech takes FOREVER to build. 11 days for one mountain that doesn't do much anyway.

How can a balance be obtained when it takes players weeks to build and get tech if they DON'T SPEND $100s of $$$$$$

Base defense is a joke and has been for at least the last 6 months.
    Before i clicked enter on my post i allready knw crying people like you would react on this post ... 
    And instead of spending time making useles posts here or reply ya better go ingame and peek some of the people that are defenders like you , they are on top of medal leaderboards the moment, take a sub out and peek their bases , i even invite ya to peek mine cause when ya over lvl 100 like you are and dont know how to defend or attack maybe ya just not smart enough to play this game ... or maybe it wil be smart to get ya buddy`s who did like ya reply and talk abt base defence and peek some bases toghether and get to an point to make an unbreakable base , because its not that hard the moment because kix gave ya all tools on a platter... 
    And i think its always pathatic to put up in a reply and cry abt them whales , in fact i am not one of them but those are keep the game going , so when those are gone you wil be gone fast as wel because the game wil not make money and they wil pull the plugg....

Base hitting is broken and i really hope for an fast fix because thats the only fun part in the game .. i really dislike how raids are going where ya need to hit same targets hundreds of times.. 

for now i leave it to that or maybe someone comes up with something brilliant or an reply that makes sence...
    Well maybe its not actually that base defense is overpowered at all but its that the players like you that think bases are too overpowered need to UPGRADE their fleets to U1 OR learn to DRIVE their fleets and not expect to 100% flatten every base on auto. Because the reality is its the CONQUEROR hulls that are overpowered and NOT the base defenses..
  • myersey
    myersey
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 334
    So i wil drop this once again... is it fun to die in 99 of 100 bases?
    No it is not fun , and i have said many times , this game balance only wil be good with one prep and one main , but it seems kixeye dont care... some keep hitting like me they dont care but the fun is gone for sure...
    you can keep stick ya heads up into the ground or whatever they call it in english but its all boring the moment . 
    raids is a grind forever , even if ya have spend money to get the best fleet out ....
    base hitting sucks the moment as wel , 
    so if ya ask me the moment this game is broken , and ya never get something worth ya money....
    smashed over 100 bases yesterday . you must not be very good.
  • Possaman
    Possaman
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 156
    They`re going to have to fix it. May I suggest upgrading the Harrower? Beef it up a bit so it can kill more than 1 thing before it dies? It does die remarkably easy in my base at least. I hope theres not an over reaction that gives the attacker the ability to flatten bases in 30 seconds again.
  • House_Harkonnen
    House_Harkonnen
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 104
    Those that are dying in bases should give the skin a good pinch on the forearm. Remember this is pixels and if you are dying you need to see a medic asap!
  • JunkYard 3.0
    JunkYard 3.0
    Potential Threat
    myersey said:
    So i wil drop this once again... is it fun to die in 99 of 100 bases?
    No it is not fun , and i have said many times , this game balance only wil be good with one prep and one main , but it seems kixeye dont care... some keep hitting like me they dont care but the fun is gone for sure...
    you can keep stick ya heads up into the ground or whatever they call it in english but its all boring the moment . 
    raids is a grind forever , even if ya have spend money to get the best fleet out ....
    base hitting sucks the moment as wel , 
    so if ya ask me the moment this game is broken , and ya never get something worth ya money....
    smashed over 100 bases yesterday . you must not be very good.
    i think i can do that as wel with lvl 80-100 bases m8 , but keep the good work going
  • JunkYard 3.0
    JunkYard 3.0
    Potential Threat

and the diary got it wrong-attackers are killing the game again and now they give them even more power with upgrades to the wh and helstorm and the trenchers-whales complain 'i cant click back of base and win" so kix runs to the rescue again.no love for defense  AGAIN! so sad.

Attackers have a massive disadvantage ever since the Overlord was introduced. Upgrades to these current levels have been nowhere near enough to offset the Overlord, and the harrower was a flop

@carl.wear.3 said:
    (Quote)
    just what are you hitting the bases with? gunboats?  The u1 conqueror hulls are unstopable in most NORMAL bases.

Man what conqueror hulls do you have? Mine get totally wrecked. Furthermore, my base has gotten beat 1 time in the last MONTH which is not because I have a good base, but because not many people are attacking and base defense is really strong right now.

All people need to do is put in an Overlord in a killzone with some short and long range turrets shooting at that, and attackers are slowed down to a crawl

For everyone saying “oh well it’s time for defenders to have their turn”...most people who actually do PvP do BOTH attacking and defending and want to have fun and do both things. It’s not only attackers or only defenders...people do both things.

The overlord is JUNK. 
    base defense,
    overlord; got one; piranha, got 1, gatekeeper, got3. Hts, got them, killzone, covered by 5 short range HTs and a lot of launcher HTs.

here comes the attack

conq fleet hits base and comes flying at at 100mil miles an hour, rushes up to first portal, BANG, BANG, portal is gone; rushes up to next portal, BANG BANG, portal is gone, rushes past piranha and gatekeepers and overlord and BANG BANG, there goes last portal, rushes behind the OP and BANG, BANG, BANG there goes the OP even WITH mountains in the way to block the incoming fire. and then the base is killed from behind.
    My turrets bang bang bang bang, bang putting 100 million billion gazallion rounds into the attacking fleet AND THEY DO NOTHING TO THEM. The HTS BARLY SCRATCH THEM.

The slowdown effect from the overlord DOESN'T WORK. The portals DON'T LAST LONG ENOUGH to keep them in a kill zone, the HTS DON'T DO ENOUGH DAMAGE. The normal turrets DON'T DO ANY DAMAGE.

No idea why the whales are saying the bases are overpowered when they are NOT. The conqueror hulls are too fast, to resistant to damage and just FAR TOO OVERPOWERED in general!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then there is the defense tech.  Thats a joke in itself. ignoring the lack of damage from them; most defense tech is hidden away behind insane prices in bounty, same with the shards to improve them. defense hulls take FOREVER to BUILD, RANK and upgrade. defense tech takes FOREVER to build. 11 days for one mountain that doesn't do much anyway.

How can a balance be obtained when it takes players weeks to build and get tech if they DON'T SPEND $100s of $$$$$$

Base defense is a joke and has been for at least the last 6 months.
    Before i clicked enter on my post i allready knw crying people like you would react on this post ... 
    And instead of spending time making useles posts here or reply ya better go ingame and peek some of the people that are defenders like you , they are on top of medal leaderboards the moment, take a sub out and peek their bases , i even invite ya to peek mine cause when ya over lvl 100 like you are and dont know how to defend or attack maybe ya just not smart enough to play this game ... or maybe it wil be smart to get ya buddy`s who did like ya reply and talk abt base defence and peek some bases toghether and get to an point to make an unbreakable base , because its not that hard the moment because kix gave ya all tools on a platter... 
    And i think its always pathatic to put up in a reply and cry abt them whales , in fact i am not one of them but those are keep the game going , so when those are gone you wil be gone fast as wel because the game wil not make money and they wil pull the plugg....

Base hitting is broken and i really hope for an fast fix because thats the only fun part in the game .. i really dislike how raids are going where ya need to hit same targets hundreds of times.. 

for now i leave it to that or maybe someone comes up with something brilliant or an reply that makes sence...
    Well maybe its not actually that base defense is overpowered at all but its that the players like you that think bases are too overpowered need to UPGRADE their fleets to U1 OR learn to DRIVE their fleets and not expect to 100% flatten every base on auto. Because the reality is its the CONQUEROR hulls that are overpowered and NOT the base defenses..
    These are the most fun reply`s to read , first you clearly not a base hitter , 2nd the ones who know me they know what i am capable of in this pixel game , And if your base cant keep out the new basers and the upgraded ones you should work on ya defence skill because every base over lvl 80 is able keep em out all with the hand outs lately from kixeye. 

and those defenders like you that say in forums base hitters want a fleet that back click base , some prolly do , but if ya dont know the person ya better dont react like that because the most base hitters stil try to break good bases and keep going even if they die in a base.

GL and have a good day
  • Lilly Belle
    Lilly Belle
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 19

@carl.wear.3 said:
    (Quote)

@carl.wear.3 said:
    (Quote)

derpy i like your videos and respect you as a player however i dont know what your on about with the ov carrier- i have witnessed both in high lvl players base as well as my own ,people are sailing right pass the carrier like they do with the gorgan -trenchers and helswarms mainly.helswarms dont need to get close to carrier they just sit outside and blast everything to bits and the trenchers just sail on by and laugh. so perhaps your experiences are isolated incedents.atm defense is at a disadvantage and thats being kind with the words.
    Man... people do not sail right past it if it's set up decently. It's a 50% slow that you can not resist at all, in addition to other debuffs applied by the fleet. There is a reason why base hitting has slowed down so much.

Sure, if you hit bases without a decent setup or without the newer turrets or ships it will be easier to get through. I'd invite you to hit any base over 600 or so medals and beat it in under 3 hits. You go and talk to high level players in alliances, on world coms, on discord...they will all agree the Overlord is super powerful. Bases are not unbeatable...they are just too strong (especially since I'm not coining PvP ...or PvE much for that matter...and don't have an upgraded fleet).

Heck, come try someone's base who I know has a good one and I've failed in. Or mine (not because it's good or unbeatable, but because it's decent).

I wish I had the data on win rates and total hits per week before and after overlord came out and as people were building it. I'm sure Kixeye does and I would actually love to see it so I can see how much of a change it is (and maybe I'm wrong and it's a crap ship like you all say...)
    I see one player go through bases as if they were empty. Overlord carrier, piranhas in guard and the fleet used to attack doesnt bother prepping anything or attracting fire from anything. Just drives past all there is. Doesnt slow down and doesnt get scratched. Seems there must be a way to "resist" overlord powers.
  • randy klein
    randy klein
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 47

@carl.wear.3 said:
    (Quote)

@carl.wear.3 said:
    (Quote)

derpy i like your videos and respect you as a player however i dont know what your on about with the ov carrier- i have witnessed both in high lvl players base as well as my own ,people are sailing right pass the carrier like they do with the gorgan -trenchers and helswarms mainly.helswarms dont need to get close to carrier they just sit outside and blast everything to bits and the trenchers just sail on by and laugh. so perhaps your experiences are isolated incedents.atm defense is at a disadvantage and thats being kind with the words.
    Man... people do not sail right past it if it's set up decently. It's a 50% slow that you can not resist at all, in addition to other debuffs applied by the fleet. There is a reason why base hitting has slowed down so much.

Sure, if you hit bases without a decent setup or without the newer turrets or ships it will be easier to get through. I'd invite you to hit any base over 600 or so medals and beat it in under 3 hits. You go and talk to high level players in alliances, on world coms, on discord...they will all agree the Overlord is super powerful. Bases are not unbeatable...they are just too strong (especially since I'm not coining PvP ...or PvE much for that matter...and don't have an upgraded fleet).

Heck, come try someone's base who I know has a good one and I've failed in. Or mine (not because it's good or unbeatable, but because it's decent).

I wish I had the data on win rates and total hits per week before and after overlord came out and as people were building it. I'm sure Kixeye does and I would actually love to see it so I can see how much of a change it is (and maybe I'm wrong and it's a crap ship like you all say...)
    You aren't wrong at all the Overlord is a very good defender. The problem here is some people either don't know how to or aren't spending the time to set up their bases properly. Very few 600+ medal bases are breakable now and the game has become boring for upper level hitters which is bad for the game and also bad for generating profit. Hopefully bounty will bring some type of balance back to pvp.
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 6,431

@carl.wear.3 said:
    (Quote)

@carl.wear.3 said:
    (Quote)

You aren't wrong at all the Overlord is a very good defender. The problem here is some people either don't know how to or aren't spending the time to set up their bases properly. Very few 600+ medal bases are breakable now and the game has become boring for upper level hitters which is bad for the game and also bad for generating profit. Hopefully bounty will bring some type of balance back to pvp.
    NO its NOT that people either don't know how to set up bases or arn't spending the time; The PROBLEMS ARE
    1) THE CONQUEROR HULLS ARE FAR TOO OVERPOWERED
    2) The base defense tech is out of reach of most players that don't have $1,000s to waste on this game.
    3) Base defense tech is obsolete by the time you get it.

Examples; We got mountains, they were great in COINERS bases as they blocked fire from warhounds making a COINED base very strong. Catch is for the normal players, time they spent 11 days PERR MOUNTAIN they were obsolete due to the release of the trencher and then the hellswarm that fires OVER the mountains.
    Then we got the gatekeeper which was then NERFED but IF you can get the upgrade kits and then take 10+ days to UPGRADE IT then you get back what you lost in the nerf.
    Defense turrets; locked up in events with an insane pricetag.   look at the BATHYAL turret; 3 million points last raid. Too bad most normal players were too busy struggling to get the points they needed for OTHER tech to have 5 mil spare to get one of them turrets let alone THREE of them.
    Overlord carrier; you only needed to get 14 shards ( that were not even all available in the first event that had the shards in them) and then once you got all the shards for the hull its about a month to build the stupid thing.

Its NOT that players don't know how to defend or are not spending the time on their base, its that it takes soo **** long to get the tech and to build it, that its already obsolete BEFORE its in your base.