Base Priority

Paul Larkin
Paul Larkin
Skilled Warrior
Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 365
From a Base Priority regarding building Mountains or Upgrading portals to lvl4 -
- what would be more worth it to do first? 
- Upgrade 3 portals to lvl4 first? @ 18D eash 
-Or build 6 Mountains first @ 11D each?
  • Dale Madsen
    Dale Madsen
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2017 Posts: 51
    From a Base Priority regarding building Mountains or Upgrading portals to lvl4 -
    - what would be more worth it to do first? 
    - Upgrade 3 portals to lvl4 first? @ 18D eash 
    -Or build 6 Mountains first @ 11D each?
    you really need both so start  with your mountains.  level 3 and 4 portals take some time to not only UPGRADE but Equip portals takes some time too.

• nowiamthemaster
    nowiamthemaster
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 633
    if you   coin the portals  its  300 in bounty

mountains  you can get  tokens for  in bounty  honestly  the mountains quicker to get done but some people dont like them at all 

moutains are not need to  stop the  wars and  trenchers and they dont  stop hellswarms at all  the portals will  allow you to kill  upgraded  wars and  kill badly build  trenchers they wont stop  the  upgraded swarms unless the  player is  a bad driver or built his ships badly.

if you  lay your  newer composite walls out where they  two rows of them it will stop most players from trying to blast thru them to kill  something  thats behind them   

just remember if you  build  mountains to check  and see which base defense weapons fire  over them. some of them dont and it allows the attacker to  hide be hind them..

i would  do  4  mountains first then   go with the portals 
     if your a  light or medium coiner i would  look at one of the gold sales   54 days for  3 portals to  lvl 4 is   a long time thats  if  your not getting attacked  while your tryng to build them if your active hitter its probably more like 80 days for them to  build.  ..... mountains  take 11 days   but they dont get any build time stoppish  because they dont get damaged. my 2 cents would be coin the portals and  slow build  the moutains.
  • The Qing
    The Qing
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 2,481
    Personally I would do the portals last. The deflection and extra health dont really do much against any well-built fleet. Having 6 mountains is easily more important. Put them around a 2x2 center island and you can block attackers from attacking on 3 sides with warhounds and trencher cannons, forcing them to attack from only one side where all your turret coverage will be focused on. Most defenses are vulnerable to being attacked from behind. Mountains solves that issue for trenchers and warhounds. Only hellswarms can avoid this issue.
    Playing this game is like trying to row a boat up a waterfall.
  • Paul Larkin
    Paul Larkin
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 365

In the end I decided on portals because I remembered from the last outpost upgrade that upgrading the outpost was locked behind upgrade levels of base buildings, structures, portals, etc. There's less chance of next outpost upgrade being locked for unbuilt mountains.. and a higher chance they would require max lvl portals.

• Max Thornton
    Max Thornton
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,100
    Well, my portals have 95 million damage protection and one warhound that gives around 1 million damage can take it out with 3 shots with no explaiation. Pretty much worthless.
  • Jason Ensinger
    Jason Ensinger
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 4,191

In the end I decided on portals because I remembered from the last outpost upgrade that upgrading the outpost was locked behind upgrade levels of base buildings, structures, portals, etc. There's less chance of next outpost upgrade being locked for unbuilt mountains.. and a higher chance they would require max lvl portals.

That doesn't sound right to me. Portals have never been a prerequisite for upgrading anything that I'm aware of. There's no practical advantage of level 4 portals over level 3, but it will always be a stepping stone to level 5 which may add some really functionality advantages. In other words, something to consider, but not a priority until there's a real reason to upgrade beyond level 3.
  • The Qing
    The Qing
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 2,481
    Well, my portals have 95 million damage protection and one warhound that gives around 1 million damage can take it out with 3 shots with no explaiation. Pretty much worthless.
    pretty sure a single warhound cannot kill a portal in 3 shots. A full fleet can do so easily.
    Playing this game is like trying to row a boat up a waterfall.