New Rogue Crews

Yamato
Yamato
Potential Threat
Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 49
Just for thought, many years have passed since the conception of the game, but I do find one area in particular that seems to be lagging behind, and that's Rogue Crews.  I think it's about time that the game developers start looking into maybe updating the crews, maybe even do a overhaul, as some are almost useless now.  Maybe create some new crews more in with the times.....bring something new and more up to date with the game.  What do you think?  Over the last few years you have stopped many crews...Bullseye Brigade is just one of them...well get rid of it from the spin/roll feature then.  You brought out a couple of limited crews but these only lasted a couple weeks.  We ask to see some change please.
  • Xevian
    Xevian
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 408
    They won't look into this issue that has been brought up many times (several in this year alone) with HTML5 about ready to roll out finally in its complete format.  I've never had a Disciples of Skullduggery but yet see it on my rolls.  I see more of the crappy Unlucky Bastards especially on the first uranium roll, wasting 1000 uranium for that piece of crap crew.  It needs an overhaul and they say it's on the radar but won't be looked at before summer 2021 if we are lucky, maybe 2022.
  • DerpyTheCow
    DerpyTheCow
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 2,297
    Crews have been "on the list" of things to update pretty much since they came out. 

I hope if there is an overhaul, they don't make anything harder or more pay-to-win or even more grindy...I'd hate to see them touch a system that's  working and make it required and time consuming.

Are lucky bastards good? Heck no. But Steelheads are helpful in pretty much every situation.
    When I am not helping people on forums, and I'm not banned, I run a YouTube channel.  I focus on actually helping players in the game. I respond to every comment on there, so it is the best way to find me. If you want more info click the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/c/DerpyTheCow47?sub_confirmation=1
  • michaelg21
    michaelg21
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,954
    Crews have been "on the list" of things to update pretty much since they came out. 

I hope if there is an overhaul, they don't make anything harder or more pay-to-win or even more grindy...I'd hate to see them touch a system that's  working and make it required and time consuming.

Are lucky bastards good? Heck no. But Steelheads are helpful in pretty much every situation.
    Not to disagree with you Derpy, BUT, Steelheads DO NOT work. I have repeatedly tested this crew in a variety of situations with a variety of fleets. I can NOT find ANY reduction in repair times or any effect whatsoever by using that crew. If you have proof otherwise I would be interested to see it.  It's a fact, most crews aren't of any use in todays game and most are original since Black Water Days. They don't use todays game mechanics and are useless-100% There are only a small handful that actually work. The GM, Dem Squad, DOS, Bullseye Brigade works, Remote Raiders-works for Zealot X1 fleets but are  now even more rare then the GM to get one. I, myself, have sent a list to the TEAM and pointed out my testing, what I came up with, which work and what's wrong with the ones that don't. No response from Kixeye other then "We will look at it", which in BP means-nothing will happen. We have REPEATEDLY been told they are going to fix them, but don't. They fixed the Creeping Death Crew ONE TIME!! Worked great and lived up to its specs!! But the very next update messed it up(about 2 years ago, now) and it has remained broken since. Only the extra base attack time works on it now. I really agree and wish they would fix them or remove them.
  • DPR
    DPR
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 587
    Im normally quite skeptical about how effective some of the crews are but i did notice a repeatable difference in damage taken when using steelheads and sea serpents on respective fleets and targets during pillage, along with less damage taken in everest TLC's 

Both crews were 1 star versions. 

I am with Derpy on they need an overhaul but dont want them to mess with the actual mechanics for rolling crews cause changes never go in the favour of the player and its time consuming enough as it is. 
  • DerpyTheCow
    DerpyTheCow
    Master Tactician

Not to disagree with you Derpy, BUT, Steelheads DO NOT work. I have repeatedly tested this crew in a variety of situations with a variety of fleets. I can NOT find ANY reduction in repair times or any effect whatsoever by using that crew. If you have proof otherwise I would be interested to see it.  It's a fact, most crews aren't of any use in todays game and most are original since Black Water Days. They don't use todays game mechanics and are useless-100% There are only a small handful that actually work. The GM, Dem Squad, DOS, Bullseye Brigade works, Remote Raiders-works for Zealot X1 fleets but are  now even more rare then the GM to get one. I, myself, have sent a list to the TEAM and pointed out my testing, what I came up with, which work and what's wrong with the ones that don't. No response from Kixeye other then "We will look at it", which in BP means-nothing will happen. We have REPEATEDLY been told they are going to fix them, but don't. They fixed the Creeping Death Crew ONE TIME!! Worked great and lived up to its specs!! But the very next update messed it up(about 2 years ago, now) and it has remained broken since. Only the extra base attack time works on it now. I really agree and wish they would fix them or remove them.
    Okay.

162 on auto, no steelheads.

162 on auto, with steelheads.

That's a 16.8% reduction in damage, where steelheads are expected to give a 15% reduction in damage. Looks like it works to me.
    When I am not helping people on forums, and I'm not banned, I run a YouTube channel.  I focus on actually helping players in the game. I respond to every comment on there, so it is the best way to find me. If you want more info click the link below.

• Yamato
    Yamato
    Potential Threat
    edited 10 Nov 2020, 6:09PM
    I think arguing over steelheads etc is missing the point.  My discussion is about maybe adding a few more new crews, some change, try spice it up a little more.  We have not had any new crews for many years.  The game has changed a hell of a lot from the days of old, Deflection values now in place of Percentage so to speak, damage dealt from Kixeye targets, weapons, especially at the very start of raids in the high end targets has spiralled over the years, and some of the higher end Elite crews seem to be getting harder and harder to spin/roll.   I just feel that a few more new added rogue crews would go a long way.  Some parts of this game just stagnate, whilst in other areas racing off with leaps and bounds at a very fast rate.

Just a little example. Sea serpents that offer extra evade, as time has moved forward in the game, accuracy of many of the latest weapons has gone up, plus many more specials adding much more accuracy, ship upgrading in some cases adding even more, this in time negates a lot of the evade offered by the crew.  

Rolling for some of the elites has become a rarity, Remote raiders, disciples of Skullduggery etc,  the game is just becoming more and more in favour of the game designers.....balance is slipping.
  • DerpyTheCow
    DerpyTheCow
    Master Tactician
    Yamato said:
    I think arguing over steelheads etc is missing the point.  My discussion is about maybe adding a few more new crews, some change, try spice it up a little more.  We have not had any new crews for many years.  The game has changed a hell of a lot from the days of old, Deflection values now in place of Percentage so to speak, damage dealt from Kixeye targets, weapons, especially at the very start of raids in the high end targets has spiralled over the years, and some of the higher end Elite crews seem to be getting harder and harder to spin/roll.   I just feel that a few more new added rogue crews would go a long way.  Some parts of this game just stagnate, whilst in other areas racing off with leaps and bounds at a very fast rate.
    If Kixeye were to keep all the current useful crews (Steelheads, Sea Serpents, Molotov Maidens...etc) and add on new, useful crews that boosed various stats by 10-20% at the same ease of getting it, I'd be all in favor. Even update some of the older crews and add corrosive survival to Steelheads, change "favored hull" to be "favored class" or something like that.

Even make an automatic roller that uses uranium until it gets whatever crew you select (and remove all the animation and bright flashing crews). 

• Possaman
    Possaman
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 156
    I keep telling ya, be careful what you wish for. Yes the crews aren`t perfect. Yes half the crews are outdated. But yes, the ones THAT ARE RELEVANT  work well( and I include S/heads in that). And I will say it again, Kix have got a proven track record of taking things that work to our benefit and fecking them up. Refer to point 1.
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 3,419
    Rogue Crews are on our radar, just not an immediate thing as we launch HTML5. There are a number of quality of life improvements that are a long time coming, some of which I hope to see in the near future. 

Thanks for the feedback! 
    Battle Pirates Community Manager
  • Yamato
    Yamato
    Potential Threat
    Rogue Crews are on our radar, just not an immediate thing as we launch HTML5. There are a number of quality of life improvements that are a long time coming, some of which I hope to see in the near future. 

Thanks for the feedback! 
    Thanks Ghillie.  Response was much appreciated.
  • Max Thornton
    Max Thornton
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,100
    The good crews are almost impossible to win these days.  I don't know why the BB crew is still on the list.  I haven't won one in years, but I still have 2.  Counter measures seem to be a thing of the past, too.  The game is going downhill, FAST.