bigbawg
Potential Threat
Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 26
topic.
  • Max Thornton
    Max Thornton
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,100
    Because player bases have to be an easy walk through with quick repairs for the attacker.  I wish my turrets would last as long as the ones the in the event targets.  Everything else in the game takes hours to repair.  Base fleets?  30 mins.
  • bigbawg
    bigbawg
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 26
    Because player bases have to be an easy walk through with quick repairs for the attacker.  I wish my turrets would last as long as the ones the in the event targets.  Everything else in the game takes hours to repair.  Base fleets?  30 mins.
    was estimating those event turrets health to be in the billions.
  • DerpyTheCow
    DerpyTheCow
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 2,297
    Okay, I'll bite
    • Because base defense is much stronger than attackers right now
    • Because it would add on an extra prize that we have to win, and we have enough already
    • Because it could very easily mean powercreep and making old tech useless...we have enough of that in the game already
    • Because a turret or defender is more exciting to win then a special

Now, if you have some sort of special that is new, fun, a different combination of stats, that you can fit into some sort of event without content overload, go for it.
    When I am not helping people on forums, and I'm not banned, I run a YouTube channel.  I focus on actually helping players in the game. I respond to every comment on there, so it is the best way to find me. If you want more info click the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/c/DerpyTheCow47?sub_confirmation=1
  • ElectraTheCat
    ElectraTheCat
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2020 Posts: 115
    some new corossive specials  for the turrets would be good. something like (  " cool name here" +25% to damage.+ 75% to projectile speed and +25% to Splash, power consumed +32%)  or even something like  ("cool name goes here" + 80 to reload, +15% to range - 45% spread, +45% power consumed).......maybe even a defensive special....I would like to see new solar armors though that maybe add 75 or 100 to base power and maybe some decent armor stat

Just don't do it.  
  • ZoneTan
    ZoneTan
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 201
    Okay, I'll bite
    • Because base defense is much stronger than attackers right now
    • Because it would add on an extra prize that we have to win, and we have enough already
    • Because it could very easily mean powercreep and making old tech useless...we have enough of that in the game already
    • Because a turret or defender is more exciting to win then a special

Now, if you have some sort of special that is new, fun, a different combination of stats, that you can fit into some sort of event without content overload, go for it.
    1) base defence depends on the persons tech in question and level to some degree 80+. keep in mind some bases players gave up on base defence with how over powered most conquerers are and how under powered and lack luster some defenders and turrets are and with the invader plates and added armor slots to current conquerers the vast majority of bases do not have the top tier base and guards.

2) we already have alot of prizes being offered all over the place in events and tlcs not to mention the FM, whats another special going to hurt in all honesty if a defender wants a new special that combines two things that would help them i see no harm.

3) the vast majority of older tech is useless with a few niche exceptions that are hardly re-released anymore something new wouldnt change the usage of certain older tech this point is moot.

4) in this case a new special since specials have been stagnant would be far more interesting to win, a new UAV special would be nice, a new concusive special, new tactical modules and more base power specials like the solar panels and special even on my base power has all but reached its max.
  • phil.rothwell.5
    phil.rothwell.5
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,038
    I would go with a special that increases damage and projectile speed and so as not to inbalance new turret weapons limited to being installed with weapons 1 tier lower than current level.
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 3,419
    Noted -- though I will say that we are being cautious around base defense at the moment. We're always striving for balance, and base defense is quite strong right now. 
    Battle Pirates Community Manager
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 6,431
    Noted -- though I will say that we are being cautious around base defense at the moment. We're always striving for balance, and base defense is quite strong right now. 
    Base defense is NOT quite strong right now. Base defense has been a joke for months with the overpowered unstopable conq fleets just steamrolling bases. Defender hulls don't do much. Most turrets don't even scratch the paint; the portals die in 1-2 shots even with a gatekeeper supposedly "repairing" them.
    The problem is compounded with the new defender hull being hidden behind shards making it extremely hard for most players to get it. and then there are the crazy build times for the overlord carrier and the portals and mountains. 
  • kaotic
    kaotic
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 30
    Base defense is NOT quite strong right now. Base defense has been a joke for months with the overpowered unstopable conq fleets just steamrolling bases. Defender hulls don't do much. Most turrets don't even scratch the paint; the portals die in 1-2 shots even with a gatekeeper supposedly "repairing" them.
    The problem is compounded with the new defender hull being hidden behind shards making it extremely hard for most players to get it. and then there are the crazy build times for the overlord carrier and the portals and mountains. 
    I gotta disagree with you there bud.... bases defense is indeed pretty strong right now. It takes a lot of thought, trial n error, having the correct tech, using that tech wisely, and an amount of seat time (or coin if that's your thing) to acquire said tech....  but the "overpowered unstoppable conq fleets" can be stopped and stopped often.  ;)