Bounty target payout change

Bor Sigawi
Bor Sigawi
Potential Threat
Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 34
edited 28 Oct 2020, 2:08PM

easier kix targets that was worth minimum 2400 points now will worth 1000 !!!

we will now have more options my arse ... variety my arse .... kix captains are exited my arse ... you can try mask it in all kind of words but bottom line we will get 1000 instead of 2400 and will have to chore 2.4 times harder then an already intolerable chore

• scott_y44
    scott_y44
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 444
    what chore ? is this bounty. well that is bounty. not an essential part of the game any more
  • kixeyeuser_1375599580027_13280_1382897133
    kixeyeuser_1375599580027_13280_1382897133
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 481
    I've just read the Bounty briefing and I don't know what you're squealing about. Your knee jerk reaction has no basis till you've seen the targets.

If the easiest level of employee bases are just the old ones rehashed and given a new name, then your little rant has some credence, but I think it's much more likely for the middle tier to be essentially the old targets and the lower tier to be genuinely easier and that's a good thing surely?

That would also mean the new top tier targets are stupidly hard, but some like the challenge of finding the best way to do them and I think this could be a step in the right direction. Those without the latest and greatest toys might have a chance to earn some decent points instead of grinding out lesser targets for miserably low points.
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,928
    The assumption is that the targets we are familiar with fall into the Powder Monkey rank. For all we know the 97 is a Quartermaster. We won't know what target is where until the event starts. While it was one of the easiest of the recent targets, it is has been more of a mid level base in the long run.

The only "safe" bet in my opinion would be saying the 93 and possible 112 ( I think those were the levels) will be at the Captain rank.

Personally, I am withholding judgement until the event starts and we see what the targets in each rank actually look like.
  • nowiamthemaster
    nowiamthemaster
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 580
    my best Darth Vader Voice "i find your lack of faith disturbing"
  • david.mundinger.9
    david.mundinger.9
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 3
    Why not up the your opponent base points? That would be a bigger help. The minimum point value should be  500 pts just to keep up with the the points needed to get prizes.
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 2,941
    The point of the changes isn't to cause anxiety and force people into targets they can't succeed in.

The point is to offer multiple paths to success. Previously there was very little structure in how we approached this. Hopefully this will help folks chart a path forward more clearly -- not everyone is meant to be able to do every target, because not everyone is at the same place in the game. 

Speculation has, historically, always been problematic. I'm happy to engage with constructive feedback, but doomsaying doesn't really get us anywhere, particularly when we're trying to address things based on feedback. :) 
    Battle Pirates Community Manager
  • whatever1288
    whatever1288
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 150
    ya im not to worried if they made it to costly like every other events , and this being the only event i liked just makes it easier to stop spending 100s of dollars a month and find new Avenue for  entertainment
  • blackheart300
    blackheart300
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 148

easier kix targets that was worth minimum 2400 points now will worth 1000 !!!

we will now have more options my arse ... variety my arse .... kix captains are exited my arse ... you can try mask it in all kind of words but bottom line we will get 1000 instead of 2400 and will have to chore 2.4 times harder then an already intolerable chore

really simple answer dont like it dont play it  end of 

• angleiron
    angleiron
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 190
    The point of the changes isn't to cause anxiety and force people into targets they can't succeed in.

The point is to offer multiple paths to success. Previously there was very little structure in how we approached this. Hopefully this will help folks chart a path forward more clearly -- not everyone is meant to be able to do every target, because not everyone is at the same place in the game. 

Speculation has, historically, always been problematic. I'm happy to engage with constructive feedback, but doomsaying doesn't really get us anywhere, particularly when we're trying to address things based on feedback. :) 
    the point is to lower the guaranteed payout. cause we all no 90 %of the time u get the lowest. and of course once you start and don't like you cant back out of bounty so  
  • Ax Bd
    Ax Bd
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 156
    Ok, guys, just tried the "lower payout" bases , they do more damage than the old kix bases, (unless you coined new corrosive armor on everything)!
  • The Qing
    The Qing
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 2,453
    Ax Bd said:
    Ok, guys, just tried the "lower payout" bases , they do more damage than the old kix bases, (unless you coined new corrosive armor on everything)!
    The level 70s powder monkey can be killed without taking damage from the single heavy scattergun in there.
    Playing this game is like trying to row a boat up a waterfall.
  • jon pirate
    jon pirate
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 885

And how do the small player get to said lvl of playing when they can't do a event to get the tech ?
    Make BP Great Again