Simplify Battle Pirates

AgentEJ
AgentEJ
Minor Nuisance
Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 103
Here's a few ideas to make Battle Pirates fun again...

1. Get rid of medals altogether. 
2. Combine Bounty and Raid into one or at least alternate them. 
3. Stop switching and tweaking FM targets. 
4. Balance PvP better. 
5. Listen to your players. 
6. Address bugs instead of flooding us with content every month. 

I could go on and on and into more detail but these are simple ideas. 
  • The Qing
    The Qing
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 2,453
    AgentEJ said:

4. Balance PvP better. 

1. Medals are the reason most whales still play this game. There is nothing wrong with a 'showoff number' as long as defense is easy to build up. The main issue is really the sheer amount of base-building most new players have to do to even mount a reasonable defense against a single new ship that takes a week or two to build.
    2. This is a viable idea. Another is to revert raids back to their 3-month cycle as per before. The two month cycle is too fast for players and devs alike. Players cant keep up, and devs cant think of good ideas for new cycles and instead just resort to inflating armor and damage values on new tech, introducing gimmicky mechanics (biofuel patches, ammo carriers, everest ice fields) to make the new targets 'interesting'.
    3. FM targets have a lifespan of 3 months before retirement, this is reasonable IMO, but combined with the 2 month raid cycle I can see why people cannot keep up.
    4. You'll need more detail than that. Which ship(s) and why? They can't help if they don't know what you want.
    5. Agree, the communication leaves much to be desired unfortunately. I wouldnt say they don't listen to feedback, but **** they take a while.
    Playing this game is like trying to row a boat up a waterfall.
  • AgentEJ
    AgentEJ
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 103
    The Qing said:
    AgentEJ said:

4. Balance PvP better. 

1. Medals are the reason most whales still play this game. There is nothing wrong with a 'showoff number' as long as defense is easy to build up. The main issue is really the sheer amount of base-building most new players have to do to even mount a reasonable defense against a single new ship that takes a week or two to build.
    2. This is a viable idea. Another is to revert raids back to their 3-month cycle as per before. The two month cycle is too fast for players and devs alike. Players cant keep up, and devs cant think of good ideas for new cycles and instead just resort to inflating armor and damage values on new tech, introducing gimmicky mechanics (biofuel patches, ammo carriers, everest ice fields) to make the new targets 'interesting'.
    3. FM targets have a lifespan of 3 months before retirement, this is reasonable IMO, but combined with the 2 month raid cycle I can see why people cannot keep up.
    4. You'll need more detail than that. Which ship(s) and why? They can't help if they don't know what you want.
    5. Agree, the communication leaves much to be desired unfortunately. I wouldnt say they don't listen to feedback, but **** they take a while.
    this was all said in general. i can go on and on about specifics. As we all could. And medals aren't the reason why players like myself play the game. i coin just as much as anybody and am very active in PvP but lets admit, medals changed the whole outlook of base hitting. For instance, if i got 700 medals, im not gonna risk hitting a tough base for nothing, thats the mindset that sets in lots of players. Medals are a joke and any big player will agree. And lets admit another thing, the PvP isn't balanced atm. If you think so, you are more than welcome to throw any fleet at my base and lets see if you can get in. And lots of very good base hitters know when a base can and can't be taken no matter what they have.

FM targets, yeah im well aware of the lifespan of them, but them changing them, the difficulty, taking out targets for other targets, etc... players don't like that. I personally auto 180s and sometimes ill just blitz my FM. I really don't care about FM all that much. 

And i don't know how much you play PvP such as actually attack a base but those of us who PvP know how unbalanced it is. I'm ok with looking at a tough base and saying, ''ok i got a 50/50 shot of making this base if i drive well, or time well'' vs looking at a base and saying, ''nope, can't make it with any fleets i got'' and i got some very good fleets, those who are familiar with my play know i'm not bringing tin cans to hit them with.  

these were just general ideas. Ill let Kix decide to do what they want with their game. 
  • KODIAK BEAR
    KODIAK BEAR
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,476
    The Qing said:
    AgentEJ said:

4. Balance PvP better. 

You opinion is so fundamentally broken it is ridiculous.

I am a blue whale, bigger than a whale. Medals mean absolutely nothing in this game. Scrap medals completely and players have more fun. I lead over 200 active and high spending players who totally ignore medals. We have fun.
    Remember Kixeye, PLAYERS FIRST!
  • Bonecrusher051
    Bonecrusher051
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 98
    edited 28 Oct 2020, 8:19AM

I am a blue whale, bigger than a whale. Medals mean absolutely nothing in this game. Scrap medals completely and players have more fun. I lead over 200 active and high spending players who totally ignore medals. We have fun.
    T-o-s-s-e-r.
  • The Qing
    The Qing
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 2,453
    The Qing said:
    AgentEJ said:

4. Balance PvP better. 

ah yes, the classic argument of "i dont, so nobody does"
    Playing this game is like trying to row a boat up a waterfall.
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 2,941
    Okidoke. Thanks for the suggestions, closing thread as it gets more toxic. 
    Battle Pirates Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.