HTML5 is the end of the game for me :(

Mila Conor
Mila Conor
Minor Nuisance
Joined May 2015 Posts: 250
i have tried html5 after countless updates and always same
usually i can join first fight ok but not always, second fight i crash more times then i succeed joining with that sad face icon up left, if i am lucky to succeed 2 times on the third time i always crush ... UNPLAYABLE
if i just auto and dont join i can play about 20-30 minutes before i crash ...
this is true to both chrome and opera. microsoft and firefox are even less playable - totaly lagged.
i know some people can play html5 and will say the problem is with my system but consider the following: with flash on opera the game works fine and also many other games and network applications works just fine on my computer ...
i guess i have 1 more month till the end of the year and thats it :(
  • Falken_ADF
    Falken_ADF
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 126
    u need gaming computer,it can run html without problems.
  • MillionDlrBil
    MillionDlrBil
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 623
    The dev team are working hard to ensure the best possible outcome for all players when the swap to HTML5 is upon us. 

There's been many updates to the HTML5 platform, including but not limited to Graphic changes and performance updates to ensure those with older systems can still enjoy BP when the time comes. These recent updates have made massive changes for a lot of players and many more are now enjoying the benefits of HTML5. 
    If you're still experiencing issues I ask that you send in a ticket specifying those concerns clearly, please include all information you can regarding your system, your browser choices and your internet connection, and please include detailed descriptions of your concerns. 

I would also recommend that you jump on or join the Discord server (invitation in my signature) and post your concerns in the HTML5 Beta Launch channel, Kixeye have been very actively responding to player concerns and attempting to resolve issues as best they can with direct communication. 
    Support || Forum Rules || Discord <<< Click me
  • Daniel Runkel
    Daniel Runkel
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 128
    usually i can join first fight ok but not always, second fight i crash more times then i succeed joining with that sad face icon up left, if i am lucky to succeed 2 times on the third time i always crush ... UNPLAYABLE
    this is true to both chrome and opera. microsoft and firefox are even less playable - totaly lagged.
    i know some people can play html5 and will say the problem is with my system but consider the following: with flash on opera the game works fine and also many other games and network applications works just fine on my computer ...
    Try Vivaldi, I was unable to play using HTML5 with any other browser, but it runs smooth as butter in Vivaldi. www.Vivaldi.com
  • Mila Conor
    Mila Conor
    Minor Nuisance
    u need gaming computer,it can run html without problems.
    why should i need a gaming computer for a very simple game ...
  • Mila Conor
    Mila Conor
    Minor Nuisance
    The dev team are working hard to ensure the best possible outcome for all players when the swap to HTML5 is upon us. 

There's been many updates to the HTML5 platform, including but not limited to Graphic changes and performance updates to ensure those with older systems can still enjoy BP when the time comes. These recent updates have made massive changes for a lot of players and many more are now enjoying the benefits of HTML5. 
    If you're still experiencing issues I ask that you send in a ticket specifying those concerns clearly, please include all information you can regarding your system, your browser choices and your internet connection, and please include detailed descriptions of your concerns. 

I would also recommend that you jump on or join the Discord server (invitation in my signature) and post your concerns in the HTML5 Beta Launch channel, Kixeye have been very actively responding to player concerns and attempting to resolve issues as best they can with direct communication. 
    i didnt pass 50$ can not open ticket.
    as for the old systems remark - my computer runs ALL other network games and applications with no problem. it also runs battle pirates on flash with no problem. its the html5 the only thing that aint working.
  • Mila Conor
    Mila Conor
    Minor Nuisance
    Try Vivaldi, I was unable to play using HTML5 with any other browser, but it runs smooth as butter in Vivaldi. www.Vivaldi.com
    tried vivaldi just now - same, crush with sad face top left.
    ty.
  • paul.peterson.313
    paul.peterson.313
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 108
    i finally got html5 to load up today but the graphic were unclear and therefore unplayable still.....end of 2020 is coming soon and i dont see playing bp in 2021....that will end 9yrs.....i am not buying a new desktop for bp.....current desktop is only 3yrs old and has more then enough to play on all other games.....soon bp(kixeye) got some work to do....
  • MillionDlrBil
    MillionDlrBil
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 623
    You can still use Discord without having spent a cent and still speak directly with Kixeye themselves by posting your concerns in the appropriate channels, there they will be able to discuss your concerns in much greater detail. 

HTML5 is a much hungrier platform than Flash ever was and if your computer was "just" running Flash games fine then it's likely you'll experience issues. Many of these can be rectified though by following the usual requirements provided by Kix;

- Ensure you've got the game open in it's own window, having it with other tabs runs the risk of it crashing if you accidentally tab out at a bad time. 
    - Ensuring you have a good, stable internet connection. You really need at least a few MB up and down to be able to play real time games, and you need to have as low a latency as you can get. If you're on a poor connection you will receive loading issues and crashes frequently
    - Check your PC resources and ensure that none of them are capping out. If you reach 100% of any resource for an extended length of time while you're loading the game or into battle etc, then you need to close some programs down to try and give your game some more resources to work with. You can check this by opening up your task manager and watching the performance screen. I have mine open full time on my second screen so I can monitor. 
    - Use a dedicated browser for you gaming. I use Opera GX for instance to play BP, and that's all I use it for. There's no search history, no Facebook, no anything else on my gaming browser as I use Edge for all of those things. This keeps my gaming browser fresh and free from random cookies and bugs. 

These are the things I use to ensure my game runs smooth. I live in Australia so my latency is naturally much higher than most so I have to ensure my machine and internet are of top spec to be able to play without issue. 
    Support || Forum Rules || Discord <<< Click me
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 2,941

as for the old systems remark - my computer runs ALL other network games and applications with no problem. it also runs battle pirates on flash with no problem. its the html5 the only thing that aint working.
    Billy's comments here are worth considering -- we have a great community to discuss HTML5 over on Discord, and we are taking the time we need to iron out remaining issues with HTML5 for folks. Don't give up yet! Plus, Flash is still available as an option in the meantime. 

Battle Pirates Community Manager
  • kixeyeuser_1425652638696_100003755701990
    kixeyeuser_1425652638696_100003755701990
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 12
    edited 27 Oct 2020, 12:21PM
    gggggg
  • Max Thornton
    Max Thornton
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,064
    Funny.  In flash my cooling fans are screaming.  In HTML5, I can't hear them.  I like HTML5 much better except it crashes, gives a black screen when entering battle, and the fleets are uncontrollable for the first minute.  I know how to stop my fleets during the loading screen, but that doesn't always work in html5.  Here's another thing,  I just removed my video card and I'm using the built in graphics.  My video ratings dropped to a miserable 3.3 but BP is playing better than ever with flash.  It's running much cooler.
  • Bonecrusher051
    Bonecrusher051
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 98
    Flash has been around for more than 20 years its going to take time for HTML5 to settle in with HTML5 Lower processing power is required and its interoperability is a massive step forward on Flash the future is here, wondering if the OP should look at his programs more then hardware with his problem as video, memory, cpu requirements to run Battle Pirates in HTML% or Flash is not a massive drain on the average computer.
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 2,941
    Flash has been around for more than 20 years its going to take time for HTML5 to settle in with HTML5 Lower processing power is required and its interoperability is a massive step forward on Flash the future is here, wondering if the OP should look at his programs more then hardware with his problem as video, memory, cpu requirements to run Battle Pirates in HTML% or Flash is not a massive drain on the average computer.
    Really great points. HTML5 is the future either way, but we anticipated from the beginning that (when the kinks are ironed out) the game will see performance improvements overall with this client. :) 
    Battle Pirates Community Manager
  • Mila Conor
    Mila Conor
    Minor Nuisance
    as i said i dont have any problems with my programs, ALL other programs including network applications all work fine, my computer works great ...
    only bp on html5 doesnt work ok ...

Billy's comments here are worth considering -- we have a great community to discuss HTML5 over on Discord, and we are taking the time we need to iron out remaining issues with HTML5 for folks. Don't give up yet! Plus, Flash is still available as an option in the meantime. 

didnt get much help on discord...
    i tried a dedicated browser with only 1 window open and nothing else open on pc and same ...
    :(
  • GordM1
    GordM1
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 165
    HTML5 is not new, its been around for a long time also......

• Bonecrusher051
    Bonecrusher051
    Potential Threat
    as i said i dont have any problems with my programs, ALL other programs including network applications all work fine, my computer works great ...
    only bp on html5 doesnt work ok ...

didnt get much help on discord...
    i tried a dedicated browser with only 1 window open and nothing else open on pc and same ...
    :(
    yep look sorry not making any claim to being an expert, without hands on its difficult to know?, send me your computer "joke", hardware acceleration on or off in chrome? try them both, fresh install of browser and operating system? its the simple stuff.
  • Bonecrusher051
    Bonecrusher051
    Potential Threat
    GordM1 said:
    HTML5 is not new, its been around for a long time also......

you are right ..........