I'd like to make a discussion thread where we share our ideas about the latest DEV Diary.
id like to discuss some of the points made, and maybe others feel like giving the last of feedback towards T9 and how this was addressed. id like to go trough every subject CM Jackson went trough.Succeses:
''We were especially pleased with the results of flattening repair costs on hulls since that encouraged more experimentation''
- does this mean the new T9 ships wil also be a flat 2 hours repair? or will we increase this number? 2 hours flat seems like a good repair time for new tech. even if hat would mean T8 will still be 2 hours per hull (for now until T10 will come out)''We heard a lot of feedback that while recent targets were tricky to learn, having to make decisions and solve a puzzle was a lot more fun than grinding through targets.....''
- Grinding has been a big part of vega since blueprint mechanics came out. but got worse when token targets came into play. We hope this means that we dont have to farm 1000 pieces for a hull with an average drop rate of 6 per hit. My guess is that we rather see a fixed drop value and a fixed max tokens needed (say we need 1000 drop is 10 pieces per hit) and 100 hits for a target is still a lot when the target requires a specific fleet to get it.
''.....That is going to be our guiding ideology moving forward.''
- everyone likes this line in particular. RPS system:''While the RPS system gave clear strengths and weaknesses for each faction, we received feedback that people didn’t feel empowered to make real choices that mattered.''
-This is true, a lot of ships got their builds defined pretty quickly and not many changes were needed to see some builds were stronger. thus neglecting experimenting further with some hulls.''In practice, we heard combat was often a foregone conclusion decided before the battle even started.''
-Pvp got less interesting also because the higher MK hull you have, the bonuses would outplay any lower MK version. thats a good thing, only problem is that the power difference is too big. resulting in a certain loss when people did not have their hulls MKE. being a slightly better pilot was not rewarded due the sheer lack of power. Example would be MK4 val fleet VS MKE val fleet.''We are returning to a single NPC faction, with its own enemy-exclusive hulls.''
- big Like on my part. this might give us more of a feeling from the REBEL days. where everyone had one faction to play with. my concern here is balance. although each ship has its good perks in PVE, often 1 or 2 classes in Vega seem to power the PvP section. i think its a good moment to say that we would like to see piloting skill rewarded. concern: T8 is still in play. maybe these T8 ships are still too powerful? also nerfing T8 is not really an option. i hope balance can be found.Fleet Identity:
personally i liked that the 3 T7/T8 factions had their own strengths and special abilities. indeed practice showed some ships rendered useless. yet again. balance is key. i feel like no ship created should be useless. they all need at least a purpose. may is be specific ships for PvE, well thats ok as long as you wont get attacked by a player.
the most important balance is within the PvP section of course. more then 1 type of ship should rule the battlefield.Customization:
this spoke for itself. builds becoming ''META'' is almost never good. more then one build within a class should be good enough to compete, i think kixeye was on a good path deciding DPS values of different weapons should be the same. overall it was not perfect in T8. but this trend could continue with the right type of weapons and special abilities. (rather not focus a ship on a weapon like the altarian battle-cruiser having vulcan weapon abilities)
- one point that was especially fun for me was not the weapons, or the ships themselves. i really like the ships customization when it comes to paint jobs. these credits were a fun aspect for me since it gives a nice and personal look to ships. altough i would like to see more variety and more ''free'' or rather collectible paints. that doesnt mean kix should not offer skins and paints trough coins. it only mean I WANT MOAR..... Combat Length:
''We’ve been making various changes through the last few months, most recently by adjusting fleet level gating.''
- I have to address that adjusting gating values did not really help so far. changing the gating is one thing.... but then please revisit all the Tech XP values!! maybe make the decision that a ''META'' build (say the standard Val or BEHEMOTH builds) should increase in XP value over time. encourage people to either swith to a new weapon, or make a less wanted weapon less XP valuable. then and only then the gating rules make sense. because now a T7 fleet is approx the same lvl as a T8. and then a T7 fleet gets obliterated.... no fun''In Tier 9 we are increasing defensive capabilities and increasing the time it takes to destroy a ship, without them becoming unbearably long. This should reward tactics in battle as well as allow for more diverse builds to participate.''
- Hopefully this doesn't mean a plain simple health increase.... but rather also focus on dmg to shipclass and on how resistance work in game and how we can personally adjust them, (refit times and more resistor tokens should be looking into for an easy resistance swap instead of a 2 days refit!!!) maybe implement that refit bay? lel?
-also thank you and the whole CM team for the good updates and dairy this season