Pirahna Scam ships

Dave Loff
Dave Loff
Greenhorn
Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 12
So the new Pirahna def ship was giving massive amounts of damage to warhounds in Kixeye employee bases. now when we build them they don't even scratch warhounds . Nice scam. This bait and switch tactic you keep doing is illegal in every country in the world, except maybe chine and Russia. Even if you say you have the right to change things, you don't. When you sell a product and then change the product so that it is no longer the same usefulness as when bought, it is called bait and switch and is illegal. Such as making the gatekeepers useless after everyone purchased them or purchased tokens to build them.
  • Sputnik001
    Sputnik001
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 1,437
    While I agree....the fine print states that they (Kix) can do this, and we the players free to it by playing the game.

The only 2 ways I can see to ensure this doesn't happen......

1. Don't play (Sadly I still want to play)
    2. Be a non coiner
  • wing-dang-doodle
    wing-dang-doodle
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 1,521
    the only thing coin guarantees is saving time. any other aspect of the game is subject to change at any time as quoted in the t.o.s.
    you keep whining like me but we are still here, i love broken pixels, how about you
  • Dave Loff
    Dave Loff
    Greenhorn
    term of service may not be fraudulent in their writing so as to cause the consumer loss 
  • lee.luetge
    lee.luetge
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 28
    It is why there are so few older players left.  Bait and switch was with the old owners and that business strategy did not change with the new ones.   Only reason I have stayed around is to be with the long time friends I've made in the game, stopped coining, stopped active participation in the different activities, dropped membership in the top 10 alliance.....
  • DerpyTheCow
    DerpyTheCow
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 2,116
    When this was released in the KEBs, it was not dealing damage to my ships. It WAS lowering their deflections and slowing them down. 

In player bases, it's doing the same thing. It even got buffed to decrease deflections 3x faster. 

This is a UTILITY hull which lowers deflections, it doesn't do damage (unless you have the right setup against T8 armors and wait until partway through the battle). It is difficult, or even impossible to tell if this is actually working because it just makes your turrets stronger, it doesn't directly damage the enemy.
    When I am not helping people on forums, and I'm not banned, I run a YouTube channel.  I focus on actually helping players in the game. I respond to every comment on there, so it is the best way to find me. If you want more info click the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/c/DerpyTheCow47?sub_confirmation=1
  • Dave Loff
    Dave Loff
    Greenhorn
    Well when I started playing this round of bounty, these defense ships were decimating my warhounds and still are. So this is clearly a bait and switch, as per usual with Kixeye.  Derpy, you must work for kixeye to defend them so vigorously.
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 18,526
    The piranha isn't whats damaging your ships (unless you are using a bad build).  What the piranha does is weaken your deflections so everything else in base can damage you faster.

Just looking at the stats in the stat block, this hull with specified weapons is very weak on the attack side.
  • DerpyTheCow
    DerpyTheCow
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 2,116
    Go into one of these Employee bases with a Warhound (or a fleet of them, or any T9 Conqueror), like the 96. Move out of range of the turrets and let yourself get hit by these ships...they don't do any damage for at least the first minute and probably won't ever
    When I am not helping people on forums, and I'm not banned, I run a YouTube channel.  I focus on actually helping players in the game. I respond to every comment on there, so it is the best way to find me. If you want more info click the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/c/DerpyTheCow47?sub_confirmation=1
  • Xevian
    Xevian
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 340
    It's meant as a pest ship really, not even sure if I want to take it in bounty being that it only has 1 weapon slot.  It's like telling the US Navy that I'm sorry your submarine is only equipped with 1 torpedo as we didn't design it to have more weapon slots.  Next they'll come up with a ship with ZERO weapon slots and it'll be just as useful as the other nerfed defender ships.
  • Espeon
    Espeon
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 361
    in case you didn't know, the piranha was not intended to deal damage. It is meant to weaken fleets so your turrets can deal damage
  • MayorOfTheQR
    MayorOfTheQR
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 224
    Dave Loff said:
    So the new Pirahna def ship was giving massive amounts of damage to warhounds in Kixeye employee bases. now when we build them they don't even scratch warhounds . Nice scam. This bait and switch tactic you keep doing is illegal in every country in the world, except maybe chine and Russia. Even if you say you have the right to change things, you don't. When you sell a product and then change the product so that it is no longer the same usefulness as when bought, it is called bait and switch and is illegal. Such as making the gatekeepers useless after everyone purchased them or purchased tokens to build them.
    this.... this is just a hilarious post. please, keep it coming, I'm getting a right laugh outta reading this
    Mayor of the QR -- OI_Legend
  • Dave Loff
    Dave Loff
    Greenhorn
    Well thanks for offering us some more garbage to build for base defense Glitcheye.
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 18,526
    Closing answered thread.
This discussion has been closed.