Wrong Answer

frank p
frank p
Skilled Warrior
Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 463
So I turn in a ticket for the really bad lag during the raid.. Performance was twitchy, and would freeze for 5-10 seconds at a time or lock up completely in the target forcing a restart.. Kix comes back and wants me to do a test on my computer, because they think it is my machine.. I responded saying I am not going to do this, primarily because my machine is new.. That said, I have 3 other machine, and had the same results on all of them.. Played on FB Gameroom, and on the Kix site, again with the same results.. Many in my alliance were also complaining about the bad lag.. I responded to the ticket response with all this, and now I hear crickets.. I seldom turn in tickets, but this is a game performance I issue, not a computer issue.. Anyone else have that lag issue in the raid??
  • kixeyeuser_1377732311565_17292_1106773954
    kixeyeuser_1377732311565_17292_1106773954
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 43
    yep last raid was so bad i decided not to build this raid cycle hull.had microsoft check computer they said it was kixeye app,google said same and internet provider said same. problem is u can't get kix to understand LAG
  • DerpyTheCow
    DerpyTheCow
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 2,116

If you have a performance issue, they will ask for a trace route, dix-dag, and connection speed test. I jumped through the hoops to do them only to me told my just over a year old computer isn’t good enough to play BP

When I am not helping people on forums, and I'm not banned, I run a YouTube channel.  I focus on actually helping players in the game. I respond to every comment on there, so it is the best way to find me. If you want more info click the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/c/DerpyTheCow47?sub_confirmation=1
  • jschlueter1
    jschlueter1
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 635
    I had relatively few lag issues this last raid. In fact, lag hasn't been an issue for me for a long time now, and my machine is seven years old. What I have found is my internet connection (Spectrum cable) and how busy it is has more of an effect on lag than anything else. If lag starts creeping up, a refresh usually helps. I also run CCleaner every day, so that may also have something to do with it.
  • frank p
    frank p
    Skilled Warrior
    I had relatively few lag issues this last raid. In fact, lag hasn't been an issue for me for a long time now, and my machine is seven years old. What I have found is my internet connection (Spectrum cable) and how busy it is has more of an effect on lag than anything else. If lag starts creeping up, a refresh usually helps. I also run CCleaner every day, so that may also have something to do with it.
    I have Verizon Fios, and never have issues with fiber optics.. I have to refresh often, and I also use CCleaner.. I have been down all those routes, until Kix admits there is an issue with their capacity during events like the Raid, and Pillage, this will continue to be a problem.. I still have crickets from them.. CM, Mods? 
  • jschlueter1
    jschlueter1
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 635
    frank p said:
    I have Verizon Fios, and never have issues with fiber optics.. I have to refresh often, and I also use CCleaner.. I have been down all those routes, until Kix admits there is an issue with their capacity during events like the Raid, and Pillage, this will continue to be a problem.. I still have crickets from them.. CM, Mods? 
    This is probably an issue that is above their pay grade or ability to resolve.
  • Funk_masta_flex
    Funk_masta_flex
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2019 Posts: 8
    I also have an outstanding ticket for the same issues that is about to have its one week birthday. Response time to tickets is getting worse and worse
  • Loco266
    Loco266
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 5,725

@DerpyTheCow said:
    If you have a performance issue, they will ask for a trace route, dix-dag, and connection speed test. I jumped through the hoops to do them only to me told my just over a year old computer isn’t good enough to play BP

This is actually somewhat true in a backwards kind of way. Gaming pcs and the like often aren't designed to play older games like flash games and as a result they don't tend to perform that well with them. I can't even play things like Roller Coaster Tycoon on my pc but games like Warframe, Monster Hunter and Path of Exile run perfectly. I have to use my 5 year old laptop to play BP, my pc just can't do it at a playable level.

Tl:Dr for games like this, older is sometimes better

I'm starting to understand Magic Bunny's perspective...
  • DerpyTheCow
    DerpyTheCow
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 2,116
    Loco266 said:

@DerpyTheCow said:

This is actually somewhat true in a backwards kind of way. Gaming pcs and the like often aren't designed to play older games like flash games and as a result they don't tend to perform that well with them. I can't even play things like Roller Coaster Tycoon on my pc but games like Warframe, Monster Hunter and Path of Exile run perfectly. I have to use my 5 year old laptop to play BP, my pc just can't do it at a playable level.

I don't have a gaming PC. I have a Dell XPS 13 - 9370. Works great for everything I need it to (including playing, streaming, and recording BP), but it doesn't meet CS's requirements 
    When I am not helping people on forums, and I'm not banned, I run a YouTube channel.  I focus on actually helping players in the game. I respond to every comment on there, so it is the best way to find me. If you want more info click the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/c/DerpyTheCow47?sub_confirmation=1
  • Mighty-Hood
    Mighty-Hood
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 341
    frank p said:
    So I turn in a ticket for the really bad lag during the raid.. Performance was twitchy, and would freeze for 5-10 seconds at a time or lock up completely in the target forcing a restart.. Kix comes back and wants me to do a test on my computer, because they think it is my machine.. I responded saying I am not going to do this, primarily because my machine is new.. That said, I have 3 other machine, and had the same results on all of them.. Played on FB Gameroom, and on the Kix site, again with the same results.. Many in my alliance were also complaining about the bad lag.. I responded to the ticket response with all this, and now I hear crickets.. I seldom turn in tickets, but this is a game performance I issue, not a computer issue.. Anyone else have that lag issue in the raid??
    This may not be a (machine) as you say issue, most likely a internet connection speed which is causing you a problem.
  • frank p
    frank p
    Skilled Warrior
    frank p said:
    This may not be a (machine) as you say issue, most likely a internet connection speed which is causing you a problem.
    Not when My HP is 6 months old and I am running a Verizon Fiber Optic cable system.. Kix just does not want to admit it there issue during high volume play..
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 2,555
    frank p said:
    frank p said:
    Not when My HP is 6 months old and I am running a Verizon Fiber Optic cable system.. Kix just does not want to admit it there issue during high volume play..
    Hey there. Sorry for the difficulty. I've responded to a couple threads and yes, we've noticed that lag has been unusually bad the last little while. CS tries their best to get to the root of things -- sometimes it IS a computer/connection issue, but we do know lag increases during events. Sometimes it's difficult to determine the exact situation, but the team is aware and it is something we are actively working to combat. 
    Battle Pirates Community Manager
  • The_Cobaltazule
    The_Cobaltazule
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 94
    frank p said:
    frank p said:
    Hey there. Sorry for the difficulty. I've responded to a couple threads and yes, we've noticed that lag has been unusually bad the last little while. CS tries their best to get to the root of things -- sometimes it IS a computer/connection issue, but we do know lag increases during events. Sometimes it's difficult to determine the exact situation, but the team is aware and it is something we are actively working to combat. 
    Ok. Well said, CM_Ghillie. But how many more years must we wait for them fix it? Lag has been an issue since this game was one year old. 
  • Pirate.Pete
    Pirate.Pete
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 128
    There's no incentive for the company to lift a finger to address this issue in any way - so long as the money keeps flowing in!

• DarkAlice
    DarkAlice
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2019 Posts: 72

Well I guess use the money these pirates are feeding you and upgrade the servers like everyone else in the world 
  • KODIAK BEAR
    KODIAK BEAR
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,456
    Loco266 said:

@DerpyTheCow said:

I don't have a gaming PC. I have a Dell XPS 13 - 9370. Works great for everything I need it to (including playing, streaming, and recording BP), but it doesn't meet CS's requirements 

Derpy why are you surprised?
    Remember Kixeye, PLAYERS FIRST!
  • ndbence7
    ndbence7
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2018 Posts: 6
    only seen this now ,i sent ticket in,was told my pc is good was given 50 gold and told we noticed you got some prizes ,oh wow no mention about the stuff i missed out on because i lost two and a half days at least from lag and heard nothing after that :( 
  • frank p
    frank p
    Skilled Warrior
    ndbence7 said:
    only seen this now ,i sent ticket in,was told my pc is good was given 50 gold and told we noticed you got some prizes ,oh wow no mention about the stuff i missed out on because i lost two and a half days at least from lag and heard nothing after that :( 
    At least you got something, be thankful.. After all my back and forth with CS, I got not... The lag in the raid cost me a flt and more damage on others...
  • Evil_Scotsman
    Evil_Scotsman
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 83
    frank p said:
    Haven't been able to play Bounty since 2am this Morning...so many tickets in and I know what the reply is or was...same as U....I also tried every Browser HTML5 all same results....but I done these tests and sent them in for the FUN!! of it....The thing is though I can do FM 160 targets for 0 LAG!!...first couple of hours it was the normal LAG...but ended up with a 25 sec delay to connect to a 142... 30 sec in total delay to finally enter a 142...Guess what!! Fleet Dead....So yes Bounty Event is FKD!! but u can do FM or anything else like TLC and all good ;)
    Abadon