Minimum Spec for HTML5

duncan.macgregor.998
duncan.macgregor.998
Greenhorn
Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 20
According to Kixeye we need a computer with 4GB Ram, 1GB free memory, 3GHz single or 2,6GHz dual core processor, running windows 10 and with internet connections of 3Mbps Download and 1 Mbps Upload.

This is to run Flash. There are rumours that we need a better machine for HTML5.

I have a Celeron laptop of about 3 yrs old which can run BP in flash (with/without lag) but cannot run in HTML5 mode (20 Mbps up/downloads so not internet issues).

Need to replace laptop anyway but what are the minimum (plus 20%) specs for HTML5?
Limited budget due to covid19 affecting my job so dont want to overspend but at same time dont want to end up with a machine that lasts 1 yr at best.

Does anyone know whether Kixeye have stated what we need to continue playing next year? Computer spec not unlimited bank balance that is. 
Cheers
  • michaelg21
    michaelg21
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,899
    Duncan-if you can get yourself a laptop with an Intel Core i5 or i7, and about 8 GB  of RAM, you will NOT have a problem running the game. 20MBs is plenty fast enough. You should be able to get a laptop with those specs at a very reasonable price. Obviously the i7 will be a bit more, but should still be reasonable-when I say reasonable, I don't know your budget, but under $1000 US-i5 version should be in the $500-$600 US range.
  • robert.corer
    robert.corer
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 45
    test  if u can run win 10 on it  and can be can more mem in your laptop .amazon sale key for win 10 for 50$ .

• jharman
    jharman
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 27
    my gaming computer has a 250 GB hard drive, 180 GHZ speed. The html player here really sucks. If it does not improve, I will quit playing this game at the end of the year. The flash player is so much better for me.
  • suck-ma-stump
    suck-ma-stump
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 352
    According to Kixeye we need a computer with 4GB Ram, 1GB free memory, 3GHz single or 2,6GHz dual core processor, running windows 10 and with internet connections of 3Mbps Download and 1 Mbps Upload.

This is to run Flash. There are rumours that we need a better machine for HTML5.

I have a Celeron laptop of about 3 yrs old which can run BP in flash (with/without lag) but cannot run in HTML5 mode (20 Mbps up/downloads so not internet issues).

Need to replace laptop anyway but what are the minimum (plus 20%) specs for HTML5?
    Limited budget due to covid19 affecting my job so dont want to overspend but at same time dont want to end up with a machine that lasts 1 yr at best.

Does anyone know whether Kixeye have stated what we need to continue playing next year? Computer spec not unlimited bank balance that is. 
    Cheers
    dont wory about it youll never have the right system even for flash they will tell you every bug and spazz is your fault and your system is they reason your having issues. if your geting a new laptop just get it because you want it not because you need it for this game 
  • duncan.macgregor.998
    duncan.macgregor.998
    Greenhorn
    True Suck-ma-stump, but if getting new machine want it to be able to play BP.
  • INcubus
    INcubus
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 12
    edited 19 Jul 2020, 1:30AM
    I will make a personal observation about this.  I use the same 8 year old bpx that I was using when I started BP.   It has had the RAM maxed out but nothing else has been done to it since it was built.   I ran Windows at the time and could only play BP with Firefox.  When Window 8 came out, I switched to Linux.  Firefox runs BP like crap with Linux but Chrome is smooth as silk with the HTML5.  I know everyone will not get the same results with their browser but trying out different ones might fix your problem without having to spend funds on a new machine.  Perhaps some added RAM would be a great lower cost investment.  You may find this useful.  http://html5test.com/index.html
  • ThePirateGamer
    ThePirateGamer
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 440
    jharman said:
    my gaming computer has a 250 GB hard drive, 180 GHZ speed. The html player here really sucks. If it does not improve, I will quit playing this game at the end of the year. The flash player is so much better for me.
    uhm thats not a gaming pc at all lol thats your basic run of the mill pc
  • ThePirateGamer
    ThePirateGamer
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 440
    html5 is not that much intense then flash problem being if you play in chrome which loves to eat as much resource as possible i run a ryzen i9 on a rog board with 64 gig ram and 2080ti and my interent is 500mbs up and 200mbs down and i still struggle to run html5 but funny enough it only seems to be bp that this happens with all other html5 games i play run perfect

• duncan.macgregor.998
    duncan.macgregor.998
    Greenhorn
    html5 is not that much intense then flash problem being if you play in chrome which loves to eat as much resource as possible i run a ryzen i9 on a rog board with 64 gig ram and 2080ti and my interent is 500mbs up and 200mbs down and i still struggle to run html5 but funny enough it only seems to be bp that this happens with all other html5 games i play run perfect

It seems that the issues are with BP and not HTML as you noted, but given how fast (lol) kixeye are in dealing with this _ don't want to get a machine that is no better in HTML5 than now as they haven't advised the players what specs they need to run the game. According to link that INcubus post a few post further up Chrome is a far better browser than Opera so......
  • INcubus
    INcubus
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 12
     According to link that INcubus post a few post further up Chrome is a far better browser than Opera so......
    My choices of browsers since I have been creeping around the web has been limited to IE, Navigator, Firefox, and Chrome.  I have never had a reason to try any but these four because at least one of them always worked properly and met my needs at some point.  I dump my history and cache once a week because junk mail is still junk mail.  There may be other browsers that can run BP much better than Chrome for me but that would be subjective.  It would be informative if to know if any BP players have great results with other browsers.
  • Pharaz
    Pharaz
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 226
    edited 23 Jul 2020, 7:29AM
    This what I have and I'm lucky if HTML5 lasts 30+ minutes before it goes black and I have to close and rerun Facebook Gameroom cause reload won't work.
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Intel Core i9 @ 3.60GHz
    32.0GB
    4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER

Under System/Display/Graphic Settings
    I turned on Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling (required a reboot)
    and I turned on Variable refresh rate (Helps with screen tearing in games that don't support variable refresh rate)
    Now I'll see if that improves things at all.

OKAY I switched to HTML5 and as before with each click in my base to check out different ships and their builds the whole game slowed down. I launched a fleet and the slow down continued. Selected a target with a very slow response and opening of window to select a target. I finally switch back to Flash and slowdown was gone.

I don't know what is going on but from my own programming experience it is like they might be using a delay for something and inadvertently are using what was intended as a local delay is happening globally. I had this happen when I used the same name for local as global variables and used the global designation instead of the local. Globally I was keeping track of a running total and locally I was just doing a delay. The mix up resulted in an ever increasing delay. This is what I'm experiencing but it could be maybe a rapid buffer overload.

• KODIAK BEAR
    KODIAK BEAR
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,456
    edited 23 Jul 2020, 7:26AM
    I have a state of the art iMac that runs BP no worries on Flash. On HTML5 the game does not work. At the end of 2020 when support goes from flash I will leave this incompetent game design team. They can't make this game work on HTML5 so I will leave. I have ZERO confidence in Kixeye to get this right. They are fools.
    Remember Kixeye, PLAYERS FIRST!
  • Pharaz
    Pharaz
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 226
    Found this about HTML5 video game slowdown and memory problems with their strategy to isolate and fix problems. Goal was to give players a good experience with 1+ hours of play.
    https://www.filamentgames.com/blog/optimizing-your-html5-video-game-a-case-study/