So what is the point of the change to Leonard token bases?

abscondss
abscondss
Greenhorn
Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 11
Per the title, what is the point of increasing the units that attack after the cc is killed to such a large number?  It wasn't like this last time this base was out.
  • iwona.esser.1
    iwona.esser.1
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,774
    Crazy. I don't remember what base it was, but I did one about a month ago like this. It was a glitch, and wondering if this is also. How many bases did you try?
    ------------------------------------------------------
  • abscondss
    abscondss
    Greenhorn
    I only did one, but others in sector has same issue, 30s of kix waves and my heavy toon took an hour damage, so I quit.
  • Perry299
    Perry299
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 4,937
    edited 26 May 2020, 11:07PM
    While i hate people who complain... He is correct... This is way more units than prior drops.. Guess this change is my fault........ lmfao

You can look at this thread and watch the video i made...

https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/772295

Just confirmed my way still works, still get free repair on 1 devout and 2 controllers... Make sure you have armor up tech on devout..

"Don't cry, Don't whine, it's a strategic game so either you GIT GUD or you Go Home"
  • penghancur_elit
    penghancur_elit
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 4

@Perry299 said:
    While i hate people who complain... He is correct... This is way more units than prior drops.. Guess this change is my fault........ lmfao

Just confirmed my way still works, still get free repair on 1 devout and 2 controllers... Make sure you have armor up tech on devout..

(Image)

old vid, make new one n see what happen.
    before it change low level can finish with few toon or just with ace got less damage. now they will suffer with more damage.

• Perry299
    Perry299
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 29 May 2020, 5:23PM

@penghancur_elit said:

@Perry299 said:

(Image)

before it change low level can finish with few toon or just with ace got less damage. now they will suffer with more damage.

Read what i wrote... i did base right after i posted.... i still get free repair on my 1 devout and 2 controllers...... obviously u didn't watch video... u dont need Ace... only 1 deadeye to kill CC to get TIMER started..... then give base enough time for Leonard to spawn with units, then deploy 1 devout, run to top left corner, deploy 2 controllers to go straight to the right to target Leonard.... poof he dead, game over

"Don't cry, Don't whine, it's a strategic game so either you GIT GUD or you Go Home"
  • Chris_H434
    Chris_H434
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 305
    Perry299 said:

@penghancur_elit said:

@Perry299 said:

(Image)

Read what i wrote... i did base right after i posted.... i still get free repair on my 1 devout and 2 controllers...... obviously u didn't watch video... u dont need Ace... only 1 deadeye to kill CC to get TIMER started..... then give base enough time for Leonard to spawn with units, then deploy 1 devout, run to top right corner, deploy 2 controllers to go straight to the right to target Leonard.... poof he dead, game over

well it dont work for me, must be 10 times as many defenders! oh and yes I watched the vid!
  • abscondss
    abscondss
    Greenhorn
    I tried it way you did Perry and well done on your part, not a tactic I would have thought of.  Didn't quite work for me, but we all have different playing styles, will give it another try next time they are out.  Still a silly change from Kix that wasn't needed, and yes I like to complain. :)
  • Perry299
    Perry299
    Unicorn Overlord
    abscondss said:
    I tried it way you did Perry and well done on your part, not a tactic I would have thought of.  Didn't quite work for me, but we all have different playing styles, will give it another try next time they are out.  Still a silly change from Kix that wasn't needed, and yes I like to complain. :)
    I agree, like i posted in the other thread i used 1 devout level 13 (make sure u have implacable advance tech), 2 level 20 controllers with extra clip............. take a few minutes for Leo to spawn, so basically a few seconds after u see the manticores, spawn the devout, run to top left corner, deselect, spawn 2 controllers and head to the right to target Leo, 1 shot, poof he dead... game over
  • Aadii
    Aadii
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 637
    Perry299 said:

@penghancur_elit said:

@Perry299 said:

(Image)

Read what i wrote... i did base right after i posted.... i still get free repair on my 1 devout and 2 controllers...... obviously u didn't watch video... u dont need Ace... only 1 deadeye to kill CC to get TIMER started..... then give base enough time for Leonard to spawn with units, then deploy 1 devout, run to top right corner, deploy 2 controllers to go straight to the right to target Leonard.... poof he dead, game over

Video that you're referring (Pls correct me if I am wrong) has a post date of April 28, 2020. However updated Leonard base were on map on May 27, 2020. So ideally video that you're referring isn't of new base.

Next time when Leonard base are on map (i.e. June 30, 2020) please create a new video and post on forum. I'd love to see you doing it in free repairs. Just FYI, I've seen almost all videos surrounding Leonard base and even tried strategy used by multiple players, least repair time I had on new base was 40 mins. 

GAME OVER!!
  • Irene_J37
    Irene_J37
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 147
    WEll not sure about you guys but just before the base came out (1/2days ) they put an offer on to .... guess what BUY them lol.... . Then changed the bses so those who did not could not get them easily . 
  • Perry299
    Perry299
    Unicorn Overlord
    Aadii said:
    Perry299 said:

@penghancur_elit said:

@Perry299 said:

(Image)

Video that you're referring (Pls correct me if I am wrong) has a post date of April 28, 2020. However updated Leonard base were on map on May 27, 2020. So ideally video that you're referring isn't of new base.

Next time when Leonard base are on map (i.e. June 30, 2020) please create a new video and post on forum. I'd love to see you doing it in free repairs. Just FYI, I've seen almost all videos surrounding Leonard base and even tried strategy used by multiple players, least repair time I had on new base was 40 mins. 

GAME OVER!!
    Irene_J37 said:
    WEll not sure about you guys but just before the base came out (1/2days ) they put an offer on to .... guess what BUY them lol.... . Then changed the bses so those who did not could not get them easily . 
    When the bases come back on the map on June 30.. i will do a video, as i said, i tried the new base with 3X the number of defending units and could still do it my way with free repair.
  • DAF-03
    DAF-03
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 127
    yep still works as perry said must be one of the easiest bases ever released
  • crea8iv
    crea8iv
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 120
    I tried doing the base the way the video stated, and it did NOT work for me either.  I think that it was a BAD idea to change that base. I guess I will just have to use Leonard less, being the other Cerberus Units are maxed out and make better fighters.  Maybe Kixeye will eventually change it back, until then, I have my Plan "B"
  • Adel-Tech
    Adel-Tech
    WC Mod
    Joined Jan 2019 Posts: 878
    Don't necro posts

Closing thread
    War isn't won by having the latest tech, but by using what you have in ways you haven't used them before
This discussion has been closed.