Any word on what units the new heroes will be?

MajorAzhole
MajorAzhole
Incursion Leader
Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 1,317

GEN 1 - 3 UNITS WITHOUT HEROES:

Sentinels:  Acolyte, Overseer, Annihilator

Survivors:  Lancer, Detonator, Excavator

Corpus:     Manticore, Hades, Hermes, Ogre

My guess is:  Acolyte, Detonator and Hades.   I really want a Hades hero.

Image may contain: 8 people, text
  • Perry299
    Perry299
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 5,387
    its supposed to be a Survivors hero.. which one has not been released yet
    "Don't cry, Don't whine, it's a strategic game so either you GIT GUD or you Go Home"
  • MajorAzhole
    MajorAzhole
    Incursion Leader
    Perry299 said:
    its supposed to be a Survivors hero.. which one has not been released yet

Source?  Why only one hero this time?
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 5,946
    edited 14 May 2020, 12:40AM
    can narrow it down to 2 per faction based on release order (as heroes have been released in the same order as units in gen 3 so far with gen 1 seeming random)

Survivors Detonator/Lancer  

Corpus: Hades/Manticore 

Sentinels: Acolytes/Annihalators 

If i were to guess it would be

Lancer-Manticore-Acolyte

the release theme being infantry, in the case of corpus anti-infantry (plus the pegasus was released not too long ago so they would have gotten 3 anti air units [not even including the fact that ares can hit high altitude] in the time the other factions have gotten 1)

would also set them up for a relatively easy balance for the next waves of heroes aswell with

Excavator-Hades/Hermes-Annihalator 

the theme being tanks, but hard to tell what corpus would do in that case, may have to see what the event antagonist is.
    Image result for free to play vs pay to win gif

"the optimist looks up and loses his footing.
      the pessimist looks down and loses the path
      the strategist looks forward and adjusts accordingly" 
  • blackhorse66
    blackhorse66
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 114
    Hades and Overseer would be good. I can do with out the rest, maybe Lancer
  • KILA_B1200
    KILA_B1200
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 322
    There has now been a new hero for what is it 3 events now. You usually see them in one time use units, but that seemed to have stopped. It appears the new thing now is diamond tech for the unique units

• MajorAzhole
    MajorAzhole
    Incursion Leader
    There has now been a new hero for what is it 3 events now. You usually see them in one time use units, but that seemed to have stopped. It appears the new thing now is diamond tech for the unique units

I'm talking about Heroic Showdown later this month.
  • PREDATOR172
    PREDATOR172
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 79
    edited 14 May 2020, 4:47AM
     Controller OR Ace Hero would be cool
  • Charles6744
    Charles6744
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,469
      Kix Braden said on Discord that the next Hero will be a Survivor Hero.  And that only 1 Hero will be released.
  • krupis198910
    krupis198910
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 107
    i hope no more hero
  • T-A-I-L-S
    T-A-I-L-S
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2020 Posts: 1
    all the heroes are outdated now and not used so pointless. kix bring out far too many units making units obselete far too quickly so why have heroes when still only able put 1/2 in toon and most not even used now, heroes need changed and unlimited in a toon.

only heroes i use are nick n mikey.... braden sometimes for pve but rest irrelevant. why even bother..... stop rapid unit production and bring out heroes relevant in game.... i.e. controller....dev...would love to see a leg hover hero lol

• MajorAzhole
    MajorAzhole
    Incursion Leader
    T-A-I-L-S said:
    all the heroes are outdated now and not used so pointless. kix bring out far too many units making units obselete far too quickly so why have heroes when still only able put 1/2 in toon and most not even used now, heroes need changed and unlimited in a toon.

only heroes i use are nick n mikey.... braden sometimes for pve but rest irrelevant. why even bother..... stop rapid unit production and bring out heroes relevant in game.... i.e. controller....dev...would love to see a leg hover hero lol

I guess I can forgive so many inaccuracies in a first time post.  
  • MajorAzhole
    MajorAzhole
    Incursion Leader
      Kix Braden said on Discord that the next Hero will be a Survivor Hero.  And that only 1 Hero will be released.

So either a Detonator, Lancer, Excavator, or Ace hero.    Last two are much less likely.   I'd take the Lancer hero over the Detonator.
  • MajorAzhole
    MajorAzhole
    Incursion Leader
    edited 17 May 2020, 7:15AM

So either a Detonator, Lancer, Excavator, or Ace hero.    Last two are much less likely.   I'd take the Lancer hero over the Detonator.

Unless the Detonator hero has a 20 second shield, an OJug size blast, and a 15 second repair time.

• nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 5,946

Unless the Detonator hero has a 20 second shield, an OJug size blast, and a 15 second repair time.

detonator should be free repair if hes alone in the platoon either way, standard detonators are.
    Image result for free to play vs pay to win gif

"the optimist looks up and loses his footing.
      the pessimist looks down and loses the path
      the strategist looks forward and adjusts accordingly" 
  • KILA_B1200
    KILA_B1200
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 322
    So looks like this will be the new way. We would usually get 1 time use hereos per event and then the permanent after 3 months. The good thing with only one we will only have to deal with 1 and then getting the hero tech for it. Will have to wait and see what it is.