Refit Bay

dbeerewout
dbeerewout
Greenhorn
Joined Mar 2020 Posts: 1
edited 11 Mar 2020, 9:03PM
I know this question is asked to death by this point, an where waiting it for darn to long,
but do we [eventualy if its in the pipeline] get a darn refit bay?
I don,t expect any resposnse from Kix whatsoever, but what do you guy,s think?
Is it time with the upcoming base update that we finally see a refit bay?
  • fatcoiner
    fatcoiner
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2018 Posts: 441

Nope.

• Kifty
    Kifty
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 188

Good luck with that.

• dom.friant
    dom.friant
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,995
    At this point I don't really see as much need for a refit module. Between the build and fit time reductions, plus the refit discounts you get when refitting an already fitted ship, I think they accomplished most of what we wanted from a refit bay. The only thing we haven't got is a the ability to refit two ships at once which would be the case with a second module. But that may be just me. I'm sure I'd use one if I had one, but this is isn't even on my radar as far as current issues with the game.
    Because I like the Condor!
    http://i.imgur.com/80deZPv.png
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 1,991
    A idea they may go for is " Engage over time production; ship builds and refits increased X% for X time period by spending  X amount of coin to pay for overtime work" Something like that, surprised they havent done it yet
  • Kifty
    Kifty
    Minor Nuisance

My ship factory hasn’t been doing anything for some pretty large stretches of time recently. Mostly because I haven’t been farming mks and RI but still, build times aren’t the issue now. The shear amount of crap they keep adding to farm is.

• LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Kifty said:

My ship factory hasn’t been doing anything for some pretty large stretches of time recently. Mostly because I haven’t been farming mks and RI but still, build times aren’t the issue now. The shear amount of crap they keep adding to farm is.

invest in multi farm fleets, mk2 easy to get. Rangers are best, Levi  also can farm anything at mk2 or so. 6 rangers ca auto or semi auto any event fleet and any RI fleet
  • Kifty
    Kifty
    Minor Nuisance

So how much rep are your “mk2 rangers” taking on, for example a kyanite 107? I know they can do the RI ones for insta. I spent most of last week hitting zircons for ND3. (Though that was flown and with 6 mk6s but insta most of the time). I just don’t have the time to sit down and hit the over 100 fleets per ship I want to fit.

• Kifty
    Kifty
    Minor Nuisance

I have a fleet worth of the altarian shields because of how easy those targets were. But the mk ones need flying or you’re gonna get a fuckton of rep.

• LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Kifty said:

So how much rep are your “mk2 rangers” taking on, for example a kyanite 107? I know they can do the RI ones for insta. I spent most of last week hitting zircons for ND3. (Though that was flown and with 6 mk6s but insta most of the time). I just don’t have the time to sit down and hit the over 100 fleets per ship I want to fit.

ND3 is obsolete man, do astral 3..
    second use leivthan
    farm one ship until mk6 then repeat
    fit mk2 with AD3s use a decoy/tank for  the AD3 targets
  • dom.friant
    dom.friant
    Kifty said:

Exactly! I my struggle is to keep up with mark upgrades and reusable fragments. While my factory is still always busy, my workshop will go stretches of time without doing anything.
  • Kifty
    Kifty
    Minor Nuisance

Don’t have leviathan because I can’t be bloody arsed farming another dread that will be useless in a few months.

• LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Kifty said:

Don’t have leviathan because I can’t be **** arsed farming another dread that will be useless in a few months.

dont blame ya, but it is the single most useful thing yet
  • Kifty
    Kifty
    Minor Nuisance
    it censors bloody but not arse? interesting
  • Kifty
    Kifty
    Minor Nuisance
    it also replaced a 6 letter word with 4 asterisks. odd
  • dom.friant
    dom.friant
    edited 12 Mar 2020, 8:45PM
    Kifty said:

Don’t have leviathan because I can’t be **** arsed farming another dread that will be useless in a few months.

dont blame ya, but it is the single most useful thing yet
    Actually I'd say Dreadnoughts may have better longevity than regular ships. The Behemoth has been very useful ever since it was released, and only recently superseded by the Leviathan. The Orator also has been extremely useful. Segfault however hasn't been nearly as good - I mostly just saw people instant-killing Behemoths with it (at least before the Pharmakon nerf). Maybe I just never figured out how to use that one effectively, not sure...
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd

Actually I'd say Dreadnoughts may have better longevity than regular ships. The Behemoth has been very useful ever since it was released, and only recently superseded by the Leviathan. The Orator also has been extremely useful. Segfault however hasn't been nearly as good - I mostly just saw people instant-killing Behemoths with it (at least before the Pharmakon nerf). Maybe I just never figured out how to use that one effectively, not sure...
    yep orator still useful for farming scale 3, Horde 3,  and mk3 mk4 orion so..
    behemoth and segfalt much lower use, behemoth is zero use