Kixeye giving away Riot fleets

shotbymicheal
shotbymicheal
Potential Threat
Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 26
So you know I am the guy that spent the effort and the money to get that fleet complete, got every added extra special as it came out and everything is perfect with my fleet.  
This all along while other pirates scoffed at such a thing "not going to coin"  "don't care" "to heck with kixeye" and so on.
Now you are going to give away a fleet to everyone?  Already built?  
That's great for them but a slap in the face to me and those that took the time, money and effort to build that fleet.
Bad form Kixeye.
  • CecilCook11
    CecilCook11
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2020 Posts: 6
    Really? Sounds like fake news to me. Where did you read this about free Riot fleet? Not in Forums anywhere.

• Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 2,051
    So you know I am the guy that spent the effort and the money to get that fleet complete, got every added extra special as it came out and everything is perfect with my fleet.  
    This all along while other pirates scoffed at such a thing "not going to coin"  "don't care" "to heck with kixeye" and so on.
    That's great for them but a slap in the face to me and those that took the time, money and effort to build that fleet.
    Bad form Kixeye.
    Now you have two.  You can slow-repair one while you use the other. Theoretically your coins/points cost should now go DOWN during this coming raid.

Or at least, now MAYBE you have two.  I don't have a second riot fleet.  My alt doesn't even have a first completed yet.  So far as I know this free riot fleet thing is at this point just hypothetical.
  • shotbymicheal
    shotbymicheal
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 26
    Really? Sounds like fake news to me. Where did you read this about free Riot fleet? Not in Forums anywhere.

That isn’t even the best part. 

Are you ready? 

(No, really. Are you ready?) 

To celebrate this HTML5 milestone, starting midday Wednesday ALL pirates will receive a free fully-built, fully-ranked Riot fleet plus Raging Riot flagship. Just in time to smash some S targets in the February Raid: Dark Matter. This is one of the biggest gifts in Battle Pirates’ history. 

• wing-dang-doodle
    wing-dang-doodle
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 1,418
    the only benefit to coining fleets ( i do it myself too) is you get them a bit earlier than most. look on the good side though dude. you have a free fleet to get you more points. that should save you some coins. :)
    you keep whining like me but we are still here, i love broken pixels, how about you
  • joe crossland
    joe crossland
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,559
    Bad form Kixeye.
    you do realize that most flts kix gives away come as they were originally released and not with stuff that was released earlier plus theyre not upgrade heck youre lucky if theyre even ranked
  • joe crossland
    joe crossland
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,559

you might try reading the update notes its in there 
  • juan.villanueva.10888
    juan.villanueva.10888
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 13
    Bad form Kixeye.
    you now kik care about  how much money he collect every raid given a fleet to every one more coiners he don t care about you any one he need pay his employees  
  • KODIAK BEAR
    KODIAK BEAR
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,404
    Why complain about this? It is something for free. It will be of use to all players, even if they have a better fleet and use this one to auto mid to low level targets. We now have plenty of dock and storage space and it will help boost those struggling to stay in the game.

Well done Kixeye and thanks.
    Remember Kixeye, PLAYERS FIRST!
  • MozardMT
    MozardMT
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2019 Posts: 80
    Laredo said:
    Keep in mind, if you have upgraded Riots, the free ones are a downgrade to what you have.  They are also full of limited stuff you can scrap the fleet and keep.  They are also a free source of resources.
    Any possibility of posting the Free Riot build?
  • James Leon
    James Leon
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,739
    edited 11 Feb 2020, 7:15PM
    Nonsense.  
    ahava veshalom
  • kixeyeuser_1375599580027_13280_1382897133
    kixeyeuser_1375599580027_13280_1382897133
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 328
    The OP has obviously never looked at a fleet offer or free fleet very closely.  They are all pretty poor builds generally, with maybe the one exception of the Breacher freebie, which was half decent and allowed the lesser bounty targets to be hit with ease.

You can maybe understand it in giveaways, but the fleet offers should be better, or at least suitable for purpose considering the price of them.

it won't be upgraded and despite Laredo's assertion that they will be "full of limited items" I can guarantee they won't be full at all. They may have several limited items fitted, but they WONT be full and therefore not a patch on yours. 

If they were fully upgraded (no way, hell will freeze over first) and did include all the new stuff (they definitely won't though) then you could rightly get your knickers in a twist and take a swing at the cat/dog/mother in law

As it is, just be happy for those lower levels who are getting a free fleet and perhaps feel a little pity for them thinking they have a capable raid fleet, when in fact they'll have nothing of the sort, unless they're willing to spend lots of repair coins.
  • Pirate Conor
    Pirate Conor
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 24
    edited 11 Feb 2020, 7:58PM
    Nonsense.  You CHOSE to coin, no one forced you.  You had the benefit of the fleet for whatever you wanted to use it for.   Complain all you want, but a LOT of players left because of performance issues and ever increasing build times and the constant pressure to coin.  Be happy, this will give YOU options and it will help others who have struggled with the game, maybe even helping some to stay in the game rather than leave.

Besides, Riots cannot be used for PvP, so you are safe personally while routine chores get a little easier.

Well I haven't coined, but I have 3rd Riot building, I don't however have Pegasus or Dragoon fleets. If I had known I could have chosen a different fleet to build...

The fleet will benefit but there are areas in the game I am sorely lacking, oh well, should have started the Pegasus fleet I guess.
  • Corp_Hellrazor
    Corp_Hellrazor
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,667
    Bad form Kixeye.
    I built my Riots the slow, non coin way. This free fleet in NO WAY affects my current build, or the way I play the game.

If Kixeye sees fit to dole out a free fleet on occasion, well....BULLY FOR THEM !

It will not be a game changer by any means, but if it keeps a few players trudging along, well then.....WHO GIVES A #@$% !!!

LIVE AND LET LIVE !

Cheers Kix !
  • dlaw001
    dlaw001
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2017 Posts: 265
    It will be good to see, as Ghillie posted earlier that the targets are tuned for a U0 fleet...

We will get to see if she is right, or just tows the line....sadly I think (know) it is the latter :(
  • kixeyeuser_1375599580027_13280_1382897133
    kixeyeuser_1375599580027_13280_1382897133
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 328
    dlaw001 said:
    It will be good to see, as Ghillie posted earlier that the targets are tuned for a U0 fleet...

We will get to see if she is right, or just tows the line....sadly I think (know) it is the latter :(
    Depends what 'tuned' means. Not dying before completing the target could be classed as 'tuned'  I would prefer it to mean not taking serious damage and having to wait hours for repair.  And if they are 'tuned' in the way I expect, then fully upgraded fleets should have an easy time in theory, but probably won't and need to use a grease monkey crew to get anywhere near free repair. 
  • BPSmokey
    BPSmokey
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 122
    Giving away a free fleet generally means the targets are going to be super hard and require a lot of coin to repair, so it is a win for Kix as the more people that play with the free Riots, will in turn coin them, so might as well give everyone the chance to coin repairs versus just those who have already coined the fleet. 
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 1,388
    Bad form Kixeye.
    Completely understand the frustration, however it isn't quite that cut and dry. If you already built your fleet, you might have additional goodies waiting for you on Wednesday. We're trying to help people get caught up and help them participate in the upcoming Raid. :) 

Thanks for playing! 
    Battle Pirates Community Manager
  • BuckMeatmissile
    BuckMeatmissile
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2018 Posts: 561
    Keep in mind WHY Kixeye gives away fleets.  I'll use myself as an example.  I have 253 coins in my base.  At the start of January, I had 259 coins.  That's not enough coins to buy an entire fleet, but *IS* enough to fix a really nice fleet that has been sunk.  I'm not alone, there are a lot of players who will not coin entire fleets, but are sitting on coins or will buy them to repair fleets.  So in order to make this money, Kix gives away fleets so players will repair them.  If players didn't have the right fleets, they are not going to participate at all, so their coins won't be spent and they won't buy more.

Me: Here is how I clear the fleets out of the 500 with Silverfish
    Worz: Um... You're hiding behind a rock.
    Me: I'd hide behind a preschool if I thought it would help
  • James Leon
    James Leon
    dlaw001 said:

So it is a further slap in the face to people who played by the rules, planned builds and sacrificed build times of other fleets to build and upgrade riots?  How does giving anyone a fleet help them learn how to play the game better? If a person has not figured out that they need to make ships on a schedule by now, how does this teach thme ? If the next raids hull blueprints was given away the same people would still not be able  use them because they still would not prioritze their builds and get them done in time. While the gift is a nice gesture to some and insulting to others(, I do not think it gives a good lesson.
    ahava veshalom
  • James Leon
    James Leon
    Keep in mind WHY Kixeye gives away fleets.  I'll use myself as an example.  I have 253 coins in my base.  At the start of January, I had 259 coins.  That's not enough coins to buy an entire fleet, but *IS* enough to fix a really nice fleet that has been sunk.  I'm not alone, there are a lot of players who will not coin entire fleets, but are sitting on coins or will buy them to repair fleets.  So in order to make this money, Kix gives away fleets so players will repair them.  If players didn't have the right fleets, they are not going to participate at all, so their coins won't be spent and they won't buy more.

Why would you need to coin entire fleets?  There is plenty of time to build the fleets for free. And it is not anyone else's besides the player themselves to blame for not doing so.
    ahava veshalom
  • BuckMeatmissile
    BuckMeatmissile
    Skilled Warrior

Why would you need to coin entire fleets?  There is plenty of time to build the fleets for free. And it is not anyone else's besides the player themselves to blame for not doing so.
    Like I just said, I do NOT coin entire fleets.  https://www.rif.org/

• James Leon
    James Leon

Like I just said, I do NOT coin entire fleets.  https://www.rif.org/

Sorry, I mistook your post as saying  you needed kix to give the fre fleet in order to play. If the players build the fleets and played the game they would not need to be rewarded  for lack of knowledge and  willingness to advance in the game within it's rules.  
    ahava veshalom
  • BuckMeatmissile
    BuckMeatmissile
    Skilled Warrior
    Kix quit caring about actual gameplay a long time ago, they only care about producing income and will further destroy the game to get it.  
  • coolcat00
    coolcat00
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 154
    edited 12 Feb 2020, 6:31AM
    Laredo said:
    Keep in mind, if you have upgraded Riots, the free ones are a downgrade to what you have.  They are also full of limited stuff you can scrap the fleet and keep.  They are also a free source of resources.
    I wonder what limited stuff could be on them
    these would be nice (I find Bolded items more likely, but i could be very wrong)(underlined items would be ideal for scrapping)
    Concussive/Explosive* Sync dive or Reef Rider engine
    Open Water Warfare Battery or Concussive Battery
    Hydro-atomizer Nozzle* or Signal amplification armor
    Hyper-30* or Damage Diffusion system*
    Heavy Isotope armor*
    Gale IV* and Cormorant anti-Torpedo
    Jagged Bite Torpedos 

*these are good for classes other than skirmish

• Mighty-Hood
    Mighty-Hood
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 301
    Bad form Kixeye.
    i couldnt agree more
  • Mighty-Hood
    Mighty-Hood
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 301
    i know 3 players who might return to this game with the riot fleet gift and a chance to re-engage in the game

i see no downside to an attempt to increase the playerbase

well except for the odd pouty coiner

make sure your 3 friends have deep pockets then lmao
  • david.morrissette.50
    david.morrissette.50
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 2
    what free fleet . i dont have it