Corpus?/Survivors?/Sentinels?

xx_X-Factor_xx
xx_X-Factor_xx
Skilled Warrior
Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 383
I have devoted my alliances to Corpus but Survivors is starting to look a lot better. What do you think?
The only thing you need to know about life is that nothing is free, everything comes with a price.

Corpus?/Survivors?/Sentinels? 55 votes

Corpus
38%
iwona.esser.1it will fitzThe BlackHandgobirdseaglesMarshall_A16rhenleymarian.parfeni.1Lee 907Vegeta9192001ThrowingJungleConsumablemadhavan.srihariDeadman326Paki-Powernametagg0SnowStrike32Dark StrikerRadiumAshesKingYouMadstopthewar 21 votes
Survivors
23%
Jeremy Brotzmanbigal82John_B828Mark AalynGudari43darkquest1981tush123SKULL_CRUSHER_SSBattle208lolwut1337Scout666I.K.GP_A_R_A_D_O_X 13 votes
Sentinels
23%
Jason Ensingershane.k.nashMCLNiceGuy01Nero ReturnSnipe60gerard.decusatiskrupis198910THE_RAYMANHULK_SMASH_C3Hromi DabahigminghigUlyssesPL 13 votes
don't care
14%
JanjiJonipara42ChristianinAlienceSud101Ghost_Rider73xlalphalxDelphinusAHMEDS43 8 votes
  • Ulrich Wastian
    Ulrich Wastian
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 1,884
    I am and remain neutral, if it doesn't have to be (for example in Faction Tracks) I always have mixed platoons ...

Leave one wolf alive and the sheep are not safe

• rhenley
    rhenley
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 28
    Corpus
    I am a Corpus Player, but I am thinking about going Neutral too.

• Sud101
    Sud101
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 29
    don't care
    Don't worry about it too much. i  think the reason for the introduction of new survivor units is to make up for the lack of enough survivor vehicles. The kixeye team is trying to balance out the faction( or atleast the no of uniques on each faction).I think we'll get to see a corpus unique infantry or aircraft introduced in the next event.Nonetheless,be more dynamic in choosing factions. Because new gen units are  going to **** on the older generation no matter what faction boost you get. Focus on upgrading  meta units and forget about the outdated ones.

• Luis Carlos
    Luis Carlos
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 523
    I am and remain neutral, if it doesn't have to be (for example in Faction Tracks) I always have mixed platoons ...
    That is stupid though. You lose nothing in joining factions and you don't permanent lose faction buff anyways if you aren't loyal. It's just an extra buff when you're sticking to those factions specific units. Such as a nice buff when soloing bases with Nick/Chopper etc.
  • Ulrich Wastian
    Ulrich Wastian
    That is stupid though. You lose nothing in joining factions and you don't permanent lose faction buff anyways if you aren't loyal. It's just an extra buff when you're sticking to those factions specific units. Such as a nice buff when soloing bases with Nick/Chopper etc.
    if you have an advantage, that's okay ... I have no discernible ...

• Luis Carlos
    Luis Carlos
    Skilled Warrior
    It makes no sense tho, I mean it's like giving you a random buff every so bases, or giving you a free unit that you might not use much but has some niches. It's still useful to have it there just because it's free. Plus it helps u gain xp on thos fac events.
  • Jason Ensinger
    Jason Ensinger
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 4,021
    Sentinels
    That's a good point, but losing nothing is a good point as well. The advantages used to be more pronounced. When Ardra was the tank of tanks, negative status immunity was great. When better unique tanks like Darkstorm came out, the damage cap was the goto buff, namely for Furies. Still, all the while many players swore up and down by the Survivors buff. Furies became obsolete with no real Corpus replacement, the Survivor buff takes the lead, but it's value and times it's practical to go all Survivors is questionable.

I think new units need to be designed to take advantage of Faction buffs. An Annihilator hero might become the best tank in the game like Ardra was. Corpus air superiority could come back with a Fury 2.0 with high damage nullifying armor, and/or an air version of the Cerberus. Viable Survivor units to go all Survivors with keeps growing and growing all the while. It all depends on whether the designers choose to renew the value of the Faction buffs with new unit designs or ignore them as they seem to be lately.
  • HULK_SMASH_C3
    HULK_SMASH_C3
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 312
    Sentinels
    devout with sentinal faction buff give them an edge
    controllers with survivors faction buff do unimaginable damage ~25 million per shot with 100% war lust
    hive drones are more durable with corpus faction buff active
    so alignment with faction is good
    now destroyer coming it will increase warlust exponentially fast to maxed level 2X the damage

• nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 5,713
    Corpus
    It makes no sense tho, I mean it's like giving you a random buff every so bases, or giving you a free unit that you might not use much but has some niches. It's still useful to have it there just because it's free. Plus it helps u gain xp on thos fac events.
    dont waste your breath, hes gone through ths argument as has decided to make the game harder on himself then complain when its too hard.

Image result for free to play vs pay to win gif

"the optimist looks up and loses his footing.
      the pessimist looks down and loses the path
      the strategist looks forward and adjusts accordingly" 
  • Ulrich Wastian
    Ulrich Wastian
    edited 19 Jan 2020, 3:52PM
    there are indeed people who can talk everything nicely ... but not everything really makes sense ...

I think the 23 VOTES say enough about the real interest in this topic ...

• Scout666
    Scout666
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 149
    edited 21 Jan 2020, 12:41PM
    Survivors
    I I mean the only really good survived units were lancers, gunships, excavators, screamer and a few others. There’s a lot better factions than survivors though. Like sentinels they have long range and higher dps on their stuff and same with Corpus. That’s my opinion anyways.
    You better watch out! You better not cry! I’m gonna flat your base I’m telling you why! Scout666 is coming to town! 
  • MEtalGearDEFENDER
    MEtalGearDEFENDER
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 433
    From what ive noticed most people pick Corpus cuz their faction active is reducing the max amount of dmg they can take. Basically a free Adaptive body armor. Survivors are good for long extended engagements with the dmg buff and Sent is just a decent one with No Negative Effects which is funny cuz it contradicts Adams whole point of being there
  • Jason Ensinger
    Jason Ensinger
    Unicorn Overlord
    Sentinels
    From what ive noticed most people pick Corpus cuz their faction active is reducing the max amount of dmg they can take. Basically a free Adaptive body armor. Survivors are good for long extended engagements with the dmg buff and Sent is just a decent one with No Negative Effects which is funny cuz it contradicts Adams whole point of being there
    I just switched to Sentinels. Negative stats don't really make that much of a difference with Adam, anyway. I was worried I'd have to lose the shock and concussion from my bunkers because of Adam, but then he showed up and still dies fairly easy without doing too much damage. I switched to take advantage of Devouts with Implacable Advance like Raptors. It's great for all those things I solo with Nick, though, too. He can't be cryoed, scrambled, corroded or catch fire. 10% more damage protection never hurts either.
  • it will fitz
    it will fitz
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 2,606
    Corpus
    You can choose whatever you want, it is your game and playstyle ....

but .... to say a faction buff is not discernable ... is an injustice to your own base and units ...

Survivors can have up to 2x their normal DPS .... think of the Chopper Comp with 2x the dps, and/or all the ravagers being dropped out of the Siege

Corpus, which I am and is my preferential choice, receives a damage buff ... think Nova or DS only able to get 15% damage, when a neutral player will get 100% of that damage

Many people like the Sentinels buff, in many cases, being immune to thinks like turncoat or frost is a huge advantage

as I said, as I have in the past ... feel free to stay neutral, it is your game and choice .... BUT ... to say the Faction buffs are not discernable is foolish and a weak argument .... feel free to stay neutral, and I mean no offense in what I wrote .... but do not diminish the buffs just to rationalize your decision to not want them

maybe one day, the devs will add a possible reason to stay neutral, but until then, I will enjoy my 'non-discernible' buffs
  • Ulrich Wastian
    Ulrich Wastian
    honestly, I don't have enough current units of a faction at all and have to mix them to get a platoon full ... so what does that bring me ... nothing (as an F2P you simply don't have many current units and they certainly don't at maximum level) ... in theory it sounded really good, but the reality is a bit different ...

• Jason Ensinger
    Jason Ensinger
    Unicorn Overlord
    Sentinels
    honestly, I don't have enough current units of a faction at all and have to mix them to get a platoon full ... so what does that bring me ... nothing (as an F2P you simply don't have many current units and they certainly don't at maximum level) ... in theory it sounded really good, but the reality is a bit different ...
    You at least have Nick and use him to solo a lot of PvE bases, right? Devouts with Implacable Advance? A full platoon isn't always necessary. Nick can handle the vast majority of PvE targets on his own, especially when immune to cryo, corrosion, scramble and fire with an extra 10% damage protection. Devouts are great on their own for prepping strategic targets behind heavy defenses as well when they don't have to worry about cryo or concussion.
  • Ulrich Wastian
    Ulrich Wastian
    ok, show me a difficult base in which a possible buff is more effective than a mixed platoon

• Jason Ensinger
    Jason Ensinger
    Unicorn Overlord
    Sentinels
    ok, show me a difficult base in which a possible buff is more effective than a mixed platoon
    You mean for base defense? No, no one is trying to convince you to go all once faction for defense or even offense. There's still times the buffs come in handy like the ones I described. If you're so far behind you don't even have Nick or Devouts, I don't know what we're wasting time in this thread for, lol.
  • Ulrich Wastian
    Ulrich Wastian
    You mean for base defense? No, no one is trying to convince you to go all once faction for defense or even offense. There's still times the buffs come in handy like the ones I described. If you're so far behind you don't even have Nick or Devouts, I don't know what we're wasting time in this thread for, lol.
    no, I actually mean npc-bases

• Jason Ensinger
    Jason Ensinger
    Unicorn Overlord
    Sentinels
    no, I actually mean npc-bases
    If you use Nick for thorium bases, while there's usually ways to get rid of Tesla towers without getting hit, you don't even have to concern yourself with getting hit by them. No corrosion means you don't have to retreat and redeploy if a Scorpion manages to sneak up on you. No fire means the purple fire can be ignored as well. All this together with the 10% defense buff means that it's much harder to acquire damages beyond instant repair in Thorium 5 bases. They can be done instant repair without the buffs if you're careful, but you're looking at more like 15 minutes damage if you're not careful. The fire and corrosive damage, and the damage incurred by units you can't kill because scrambled adds up. With the sentinel buff all you really need to be careful of is mines and rail turrets.
  • HULK_SMASH_C3
    HULK_SMASH_C3
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 312
    Sentinels
    full corpus toon exist in pvp as well as pve rail can't do much to corpus units with corpus trait active
    eds-enova-ehive-1/2 ogres-some hermes --- Leonard /santiago / Luke and next month a good corpus hero ... boom pvp toon ready
    and one of the best pve toon too bradon can go in cave bases too
  • THE_RAYMAN
    THE_RAYMAN
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 48
    edited 22 Jan 2020, 12:16PM
    Sentinels
    Simple breakdown on factions:
    Survivors - Spam n win, Give no f**ks about repair time. Works great in PvP and some PvE bases.
    Corpus - Also works well in PvP, Good in PvE if used alone. If buff is on, units take damage --> guarantee repair (whether it's free or not). Unit health to repair time ratio isn't that great. (Excluding Unique units) If buff isn't on, some units tend to be glass cannons. 
    Sentinels - Excellent for WC events, causal PvE, not as useful for PvP with sentinel buff on, Best unit health to repair time ratio (Ardra lvl 10 w/ 20 mill hp+ = ~ 1hr repair. Devout hp to repair ratio may be better). Best for F2Ps or non-PvP players. Most Sentinel units are designed for PvE (can be debatable) 

How you want to play WC depends on what faction u chose. To play as Sentinels, you need skill and learn to use units correctly.
    This is my analysis of the 3 factions, whatever I say could be wrong or may conflict with your understandings of WC factions so don't take it too serious. 
  • Scout666
    Scout666
    Minor Nuisance
    Survivors
    Well I’m not that of a strategical person so I try to normally take out hunters first lol. But thanks for breakdown :smile:
    You better watch out! You better not cry! I’m gonna flat your base I’m telling you why! Scout666 is coming to town! 
  • Scout666
    Scout666
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 22 Jan 2020, 12:57PM
    Survivors
    I just picked survivors because my cc an ss in base
  • Storm Devil
    Storm Devil
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 343
    I normally play with Uniques, and Survivors got some good uniques lately (Romero, Siege Squadron and Chopper). The new Destroyer looks promising as well, so fingers crossed.

With regards to Corpus I only use the Nova and Darkstorm, which I also like a lot. On the other hand Sentinels had some good weapons which are no longer valid nowadays (e.g. Juggernaught and Herald). Shepherd is not bad, but takes too much damage from the turncoated units.

Adam is one of the worst uniques in my opinion. I am also not very convinced about the Hive, although it is way better than Adam.
  • Scout666
    Scout666
    Minor Nuisance
    Survivors
    I remember the first time I used cc on a level 46 it died but I did 100% with his / her screamer, executioner, kraken, Malcolm, judge, and sharp shooters with just all air. Got 12-14hr heal though but not bad for all air attack + hitting a level 46 with exec. 
  • Scout666
    Scout666
    Minor Nuisance
    Survivors
    I have seen a level 30 with a screamer kraken and executioner in their base. Is that possible?
  • Luis Carlos
    Luis Carlos
    Skilled Warrior
    Scout666 said:
    I have seen a level 30 with a screamer kraken and executioner in their base. Is that possible?
    Probably? eChopper Company for example clears all those bases easy.
  • JanjiJoni
    JanjiJoni
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 147
    don't care
    Since i use all the faction units for many circumstances... i dont care which faction as long as its useful and make sure i have all the important faction unit to do event well....   perhaps people like me can be categorized as neutral....  ;)
  • Ghost_Rider73
    Ghost_Rider73
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 42
    don't care
    I prefer a mix base. If I am spending all that time and money getting those units, and max them, I use them. But if someone had enough Devouts for example and a Nick, I would say go full sentinel, then you wouldn't have to worry about the Shepard at all in your base.

~GR~