Praetorian Build for Auto-FM120

X7ALPHA
X7ALPHA
Potential Threat
Joined Sep 2019 Posts: 87
Hi guys, I have seen several builds but I wanted some clarification

Weapons:
5xPilum rockets, 1xGDS4, 1xMDS3, 1xSprint
This is what I have seen many people use but I dont have GDS4 and MDS3, would it be alright to use 3xSprints?

Specials:
Siege Targeting 4, Penetrative Syncdrive, Galea Defense System, Explosive Battery 1
These 4 seem to be common on most builds
The other 2 specials that vary are: Cluster Warheads, Rocket Reloader, Alloy Armor MX3, Hyper30-installation, Combustion System2

Armor: None

What would be a good combination to get free instant repair on Auto-ing FM120. 

Thank you!
  • coolcat00
    coolcat00
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 216
    edited 28 Sep 2019, 6:10PM
    Galea IV/III and Anti-phalanx IV/MDSIII are necessary in the 120 targets  do not substitute them for 3 sprints

I prefer cluster warheads, High yield warheads and Alloy armor MX3 without Siege targeting IV  with some armor this build does autos 120s (mine aren't ranked)
    If you can rank your ships easily then Rocket reloader might be better than cluster warheads 

On paper The high reload looks good but not sure if it actually is better
    I believe that the single salvo of Pilum means it can receive greater reload buffs (correct me if I'm wrong)

Hyper-30 works better in legion targets that have splash missiles but it could easily replace MX-3
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 3,474

This build does 120s on auto for instant repair.

You do NOT need Hyper-30, MDS-3 or Gale-IV
    I specialize in wife removal, crushing heads & other forms of violence, like roasting faces, or cutting horses in two with a single swing of my sword
    I fear nothing, your pixels are dust compared to my physical might (8'0", 420lb)
  • coolcat00
    coolcat00
    Minor Nuisance
    Notice this Gregor's build is Ranked    this makes a difference
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 3,474
    coolcat00 said:
    Notice this Gregor's build is Ranked    this makes a difference
    As an old pirate once told me, "Rank is the difference between night & day"
    I specialize in wife removal, crushing heads & other forms of violence, like roasting faces, or cutting horses in two with a single swing of my sword
    I fear nothing, your pixels are dust compared to my physical might (8'0", 420lb)
  • X7ALPHA
    X7ALPHA
    Potential Threat

This build does 120s on auto for instant repair.

You do NOT need Hyper-30, MDS-3 or Gale-IV
    Hey, thanks for that build.
    A few questions:

1. Instead of Speed Engine VI, is a Penetrative syncdrive good?
    2. In place of combustion system2 would Warhead reloader be better?
    3. What is the repair time that you are getting at teh end of FM120?

Thanks!
  • coolcat00
    coolcat00
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 29 Sep 2019, 2:47PM
    X7ALPHA said:
    A few questions:

1. Instead of Speed Engine VI, is a Penetrative syncdrive good?
    2. In place of combustion system2 would Warhead reloader be better?
    3. What is the repair time that you are getting at teh end of FM120?

Thanks!
    1. Yes Pen sync drive is better than Speed sys VI
    2. Gregor's build is designed for taking out 120s by destroying each turret in one or two salvos for maximum efficiency, but If you are interested in the legion targets I would use cluster warheads and high yield warheads instead of combustion system and siege targeting
    (but I actually don't have siege targeting IV so I couldn't tell you how good it is)

3. this build got 2 minutes and 41 seconds of damage
    (my build with warhead reloaders instead of cluster warheads takes about 5 minutes of damage  give or take depending on where you enter
    despite it having gale IV and and more armor)
  • coolcat00
    coolcat00
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 29 Sep 2019, 3:10PM
    The reason I like High Yield warheads is because it covers many of the important bonuses of both siege targeting and combustion/explosive sys thus allowing for a reload special and I like reload on pilum rockets
    (Notice: You can put both warhead reloaders and cluster warheads on the same ship, but I wouldn't recommend it)

STAT Comparison
    Siege IV and Combustion II:  Building damage 140  splash 62   projectile speed 31  spread 20   (double damage but no reload)
    Cluster III and High Yield:     Building damage 75    splash 60   projectile speed 30  reload 350
  • X7ALPHA
    X7ALPHA
    Potential Threat
    coolcat00 said:

1. Yes Pen sync drive is better than Speed sys VI
    2. Gregor's build is designed for taking out 120s by destroying each turret in one or two salvos for maximum efficiency, but If you are interested in the legion targets I would use cluster warheads and high yield warheads instead of combustion system and siege targeting
    (but I actually don't have siege targeting IV so I couldn't tell you how good it is)

3. this build got 2 minutes and 41 seconds of damage
    (my build with warhead reloaders instead of cluster warheads takes about 5 minutes of damage  give or take depending on where you enter
    despite it having gale IV and and more armor)
    Thanks for the reply!

Actually I just bought Siege Targeting IV and currently cannot afford to get teh Cluster Warheads (thats why thinking of replacing Cluster with rocket reloader)

Also I see you are using the expensive ZX1 armor costing 25million points. Against that is something I cannot afford to get right now.

So essentially my question you can say is that whether your same exact build (replacing high yield warheads with Siege Targeting 4 and Cluster Warheads with Rocket reloader) + no armor + unranked >>> Give a free instant repair option on auto? 

But if it does not, and if ranking does effect the repair time significantly then I dont mind waiting for VXP weekend to arrive to rank the ships.
  • coolcat00
    coolcat00
    Minor Nuisance
    You can get cluster warheads as a blueprint from cargo fleets on the map (in shipyard look at the print by turning on unowned tech and it should say which targets you can find the print)
    Use the crew that gives 100% chance of blueprint

I feel the splash bonus is necessary to take out multiple turrets at a time in the 120 target
    but I haven't experimented so it might work or it might not    

Don't forget to have fun m8    :)
  • X7ALPHA
    X7ALPHA
    Potential Threat
    What effect does rocket reload exactly have?

The pilum rocket has a single salvo, so does a 400% rocket reload mean, a single pilum will launch 5 salvos at the same time before the 3sec reload kicks in?
  • coolcat00
    coolcat00
    Minor Nuisance
    X7ALPHA said:
    What effect does rocket reload exactly have?

The pilum rocket has a single salvo, so does a 400% rocket reload mean, a single pilum will launch 5 salvos at the same time before the 3sec reload kicks in?
    Yes
    100% reload means 2x the salvos in the same time or the same number of salvos in 1/2 the time
    200% reload means 3x the salvos in the same time or the same number of salvos in 1/3 the time
    300% reload means 4x the salvos in the same time or the same number of salvos in 1/4 the time
    and so on

there is a maximum reload which is 1 salvo per fifth of a second (.2 seconds)   (Please correct me if I am wrong here)

on pilum rockets there is an initial 1 salvo per 3 seconds
    3/.2 = 15 meaning that reload has to be 15x faster than the original or 1400% faster (you cannot get them this fast)

twin fire rockets initially fire 5 salvos every 4 seconds
    4/5/.2 =4 meaning that reload has to be 300% to max out twin fire rockets (this is why cluster warheads isn't recommended for Inferno-dragons)
  • coolcat00
    coolcat00
    Minor Nuisance
    Remember to include rank bonus Firing bonus (75% at legendary) into tallying up the firing rate towards the maximum 1 salvo per.2 seconds