Devout.

Horise
Horise
Minor Nuisance
Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 212
Is devout a high priority unit?
  • it pairs up with adam really well when as a full toon for holdout and higher thors, resources.
  • Phil6614
    Phil6614
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 41
    I used DS, Nova, Nick and 14 devouts to complete Holdout 3 times. bought all the executioner tech.. YES pretty good!
  • lolwut1337
    lolwut1337
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 579
    Yes, same priority as hammer/purifier.
  • Teratorn PH
    Teratorn PH
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 387
    Horise said:
    Is devout a high priority unit?
    Yep. Personally, it's the most flexible high priority unit when it comes to speed and responsiveness.
    commit myurder you peck neck
  • HULK_SMASH_C3
    HULK_SMASH_C3
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 315
    adam's weakness long reload time and nick's weakness low health both covered by devouts and yes devouts high priority
    didn't tested with prophet though but i guess devouts will cover prophet's weakness too
    devout has range as its weakness but other units like nick and / or future sentinal heroes could cover devout's weakness
    sentinal faction units cover their own unit's weakness
    may be devout can save some damage to omega juggernaut too but overseer already replaced O jugg's use by range and lower repair time
    over workshop save them from area damage 40% area damage reduction
    and rest devout's workshop components reduces burst damage by 35% and are damage by 30% and additional 20% sustain damage
    so they balanced each other sentinal truly a balanced faction
  • Horise
    Horise
    Minor Nuisance
    Thank you guys for the feedback, there's really valuable info I didn't know so thanks.

Yes, same priority as hammer/purifier.
    I thought it was only like that in Adam base, I couldn't test it since I've had a short time since I noticed, why kix didn't notify us?

I really suggest that high priority option should show on stats also.
  • lolwut1337
    lolwut1337
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 579
    When you press F

The priority goes as follows : Highest priority (Cerberus drone) > High priority (Hammer/devout etc.) > Normal (Most units) > Low priority (Phalanx)

To be honest I didn't notice devout is high priority until I saw this thread.
  • Horise
    Horise
    Minor Nuisance
    When you press F

The priority goes as follows : Highest priority (Cerberus drone) > High priority (Hammer/devout etc.) > Normal (Most units) > Low priority (Phalanx)

To be honest I didn't notice devout is high priority until I saw this thread.
    According to game designers and their last update on R.U.B.I, all high priority units has the same degree of priority BUT, there's other factors that will make difference, position and the first to retaliate, let's take your screenshot as an example, if the devout is busy hitting something else and a hitting unit comes from devout side, it will hit the devout first but if the hammer hits that unit, the unit will instantly ignore devout and go to hammer (assuming that the devout still busy hitting something else).

if both devout and hammer hits the attacking unit at same time, the unit will pick on the closest either devout or hammer.

it was just a surprise, that devout is a high priority unit and it's a first for infantry that works in a huge numbers, kix used to notify us about the high priority option, same like when they did with Ogre being non high priority, I still didn't make other tests, been in game shortly, daily tasks took all my time.