Gen IV Devout Upgrade 102 Days (SERIOUSLY? )

Hellpit
Hellpit
Potential Threat
Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 31
edited 11 Dec 2019, 5:42AM
Instead of Tokens we Need additional 80 Days and 16 Hrs?? Seriously Kixeye???
seeeeeems we r forcefully pushing to heavy coins OR quit. coz can't survive 

• Delphinus
    Delphinus
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 1,286
    Yes, but at least u dont need to get tokens? 
  • eliteroni
    eliteroni
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 94
    pushing people to coin. Lol kix can try whatever they want, i will never buy a single gold
  • Maj.Tom
    Maj.Tom
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2019 Posts: 350
    Delphinus said:
    Think i would rather do the tokens,but that wasnt paying the bills so we get this.Can read them like a book lol.
  • mark761
    mark761
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 702
    Maj.Tom said:
    Delphinus said:
    Think i would rather do the tokens,but that wasnt paying the bills so we get this.Can read them like a book lol.
    Went years without upgrading with tokens , then when they brought tokens out players moaned about having to get tokens to upgrade . Some players can't play day in day out to get tokens , so can't please everyone . But saying that it should not be so long but may cut time down yet

• Lord of Cinder
    Lord of Cinder
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2019 Posts: 221
    mark761 said:
    Maj.Tom said:
    Delphinus said:
    Went years without upgrading with tokens , then when they brought tokens out players moaned about having to get tokens to upgrade . Some players can't play day in day out to get tokens , so can't please everyone . But saying that it should not be so long but may cut time down yet

While I completely agree, in this case, my own personal opinion is that I liked the tokens, I like the idea of collecting and upgrading just the units wanted, and I liked using the spare tokens to exchange for tex so I can get the tokens I want.  I thought it was a well done idea overall and it worked well in the game, now they are removing an aspect of the game that many seemed to have liked. 
  • FBHO
    FBHO
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 2,322
    Notice that there's no event survey this month...
  • Vegeta9192001
    Vegeta9192001
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 1,039
    Delphinus said:
    tokens were easy to get in holdout and bonus bases, someone didn't like it so instead of removing tokens from them they removed tokens for upgrading new units, I get it
  • Turbo11
    Turbo11
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 436
    As before token era,,,,,,,,be outdated long before U finish upgrading (unless U want to inflate Ur ego & coin )
  • Vegeta9192001
    Vegeta9192001
    Incursion Leader
    Turbo11 said:
    As before token era,,,,,,,,be outdated long before U finish upgrading (unless U want to inflate Ur ego & coin )
    devout look like solid unit, strongest non unique infantry so far
  • Aage Jepsen
    Aage Jepsen
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 411
    Hellpit said:
    Instead of Tokens we Need additional 80 Days and 16 Hrs?? Seriously Kixeye???
    seeeeeems we r forcefully pushing to heavy coins OR quit. coz can't survive 

No  use of XP for tokens to new unit.  so why did i play for get 4-5 mil XP, no need to do event now,  we need the tokens in prize.. well now i dont need to play event anymore i se GJ kix :(  wonder why i did not notes  no tokens for Devout in prize, if i knew this , i would make 500 XP for the  Tech to hive and leve game .. :) 
  • Aage Jepsen
    Aage Jepsen
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 411
     And now so many have TEX... sadly kixeye  dont care for the play who make game going, the most  play who play the game have 2 or more account and do not spent money, they keep game going, coiners cant do it alone, do not forget  it.!  if they think we start coin lol   
  • Chuck Cordle
    Chuck Cordle
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 29
    While I wasn't a fan of playing farm commander for tokens, 104 days is ridiculous. They will drop units every 28 days (events) so troops for each building every 84 days not including special ops (Adam will be buildable before devout hits lvl 10). Have to choose what to upgrade and what to blow off. That sucks! Devout looks like good unit, but sadly with the 2.5 months of upgrading Adam starting in two weeks I likely will never know.
  • V1KIN-BERSERKER
    V1KIN-BERSERKER
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 510
    back to massive bottlenecks in tech, hanger and academy . 
  • ekfarooqui
    ekfarooqui
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 164
    Why Bonus Token Bases for Devout to be spawn in schedule of December Calendar i guess on 18, 25 etc
  • Paki-Power
    Paki-Power
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 130
    edited 12 Dec 2019, 7:12PM
    someone remeber upgrade time of "Sarkis" which was longer than this unit

https://warcommander.fandom.com/wiki/Sarkis
  • ekfarooqui
    ekfarooqui
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 164

and Sarkis was total shet
  • Daryl_L1
    Daryl_L1
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 344

Uniques have always had long upgrade times, regardless of whether they are air, vehicle or infantry. But this situation is different. The devout is a semi-unique, and is the 1st unit (legacy/Semi-unique) in the game that has an upgrade time of over 100 days in conventional upgrades (Academy), which isn't reasonable given the current pace at which new units are being released.
  • FBHO
    FBHO
    Master Tactician

and Sarkis was total shet
    And Sarkis was introduced when the Academy had nothing to do. 

Devout was released right before Adam so now you either have to choose, or you have to coin one of them. 

(Or you can just hack it like so many others do.)
  • tata.toothy.3
    tata.toothy.3
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 17
    no one is entitled to have every unit maxed out as son as i comes out.  Pick and choose the units you want upgraded.    I'll be happy with lvl 10 then move onto something else.

Stop acting so entitled,  if KIX made it 10 days total, EVERYONE would have them maxed and what fun would that be?
  • Tim-Coring
    Tim-Coring
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 15
    good job kixeye since so many hackers on this game, some they are using token hack to gain upgrades easily. better like this coining the game so that atleast coiners will be dominant in this game, since they are the one who spent a lot  atleast u give them good credits kixeye. remember without favoring coiners in this game, no  income and game will be down surely.
  • FBHO
    FBHO
    Master Tactician
    Event survey is up - they want to know what you think about this new unit. Make sure you let them know...
  • Vegeta9192001
    Vegeta9192001
    Incursion Leader
    FBHO said:
    Event survey is up - they want to know what you think about this new unit. Make sure you let them know...
    like they care about for opinion
  • JanjiJoni
    JanjiJoni
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 147
    seems you guys too early to make conclusion... there're no official announcement about that, then if you notice on the Monthly Calendar in 18th and 25th , there're Devout Bonus Token    base.... perhaps there're still chance they will still use the token system

• JanjiJoni
    JanjiJoni
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 147
    seems you guys too early to make conclusion... there're no official announcement about that, then if you notice on the Monthly Calendar in 18th and 25th , there're Devout Bonus Token    base.... perhaps there're still chance they will still use the token system

• smokindragon
    smokindragon
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2019 Posts: 155
    the Bonus Token Base is for the newest Units of that Faction, if no tokens for the Devout then it will be for the other 5 units before that one came out.
  • Ron-GR
    Ron-GR
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 59
    no one is entitled to have every unit maxed out as son as i comes out.  Pick and choose the units you want upgraded.    I'll be happy with lvl 10 then move onto something else.

Stop acting so entitled,  if KIX made it 10 days total, EVERYONE would have them maxed and what fun would that be?
    I Agree!

120 days? thats a bit much, specially considered we have so many other units with same amount or longer upgrade times. 
    Half the time would be more than enough, 60 days , 2 months, even a bit less.

In 2 months there will be something better again anyway, so why even bother spending 102 days for a single unit.. even if its a key unit we actually need. 
    We would still need to pick and choose the units we would like to upgrade and prioritise. 
    20-30-40 lvl upgrades with these times is too much time spent when progress of units are much faster. 
    I prefer quality over quantity :smile:

Those who coin will coin anyway.  At least give other people a chance to upgrade and have units they can use, the little time many of use have to play on a daily basis. Im sure more people would spend more too on gold if it would be worth it with the time we have. 

New players too gets a better chance to upgrade some units and play more. To not have to spend 6 months and longer to upgrade some essential units in order to actually enjoy this game and advance in it. 

Its a game, not a full time job to spend years in upgradings, and in the end its a waste of time, and money :p 

The good thing of this unit is the repair time atm.   

• KILA_B1200
    KILA_B1200
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 301
    keep in mind we will have another academy upgrade with Adam on the horizon. 
  • HULK_SMASH_C3
    HULK_SMASH_C3
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 312
    edited 13 Dec 2019, 10:23AM
    they worth it 3 infantry for Gen-IV 103*3 days = 309 days
    3 vehicles for Gen-IV 103*3 days = 309 days around
    3 air For Gen-IV 103*3 days = 309 days
    1 unique infantry (~27 days for normal /~45 days for elite/ ~63 days for omega) =135 days
    1 unique air( ~27 days for normal /~45 days for elite/ ~63 days for omega) = 135 days
    2 unique vehicles (~27 days for normal/ ~45 days for elite/ ~63 days for omega)*2 = 270 days
    2 defensive unique vehicles ~(18 days)*2 = 36 days
    1 defensive infantry ~(18 days)*1 per year = 18 days
    not much time as you can choose
    what to upgrade to max
    not every unit worth the upgraded to max choose as per your game play and faction