Silverstrike UAV is overpowered nerfed?

• Battle Pirates 2013
    Battle Pirates 2013
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 431
    Regardless of how you look at this situation it is bait and switch. Shame on you kixeye. Always moving the goal posts to prove the opposite notion of "players first".
  • joe crossland
    joe crossland
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,576
    If it was overpowered you should have tested it and adjusted prior to offering it and people spending to get it.

To put it out, then nerf it after we've mounted it and then offer up tokens as an apology is just not acceptable.  

You'll soon realize that this type of action will upset the players that coin the most.  
    i dont think it was so much over powered it was only doing around 10k more base damage than the 1st uav turret and didnt have a secondary damage like the 1st uav turret did.But a whale cried so it got nerfed.The big difference is the damage type which is penetrative which most most ppl dont have very much survival for on their basers because lets face it any missile turret you can put in doesnt even scratch the paint on the newer hulls.Then add the chaining effect of uav's with that damage type and its a different story.No matter which way you look at it tho its bad form on kixeyes part 
  • BAD-NEWS-G7
    BAD-NEWS-G7
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 9
    nothing to be surprised, kix must keep happy and safe theyr favorite (wales) pets and screw the rest of us as ussual, probably some of them got theyr basers slaped and lost theyr (shinnies) so the crying started to soon for nerf once again on theyr favor  
  • BuckMeatmissile
    BuckMeatmissile
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2018 Posts: 561

The kicker is if you charge back any CC transactions you paid to get it, you'll get banned and lose access to everything ELSE you ever paid for as well. There is no recourse here. :(

Me: Here is how I clear the fleets out of the 500 with Silverfish
    Worz: Um... You're hiding behind a rock.
    Me: I'd hide behind a preschool if I thought it would help
  • kixeyeuser_1370105303294_22767_274225485
    kixeyeuser_1370105303294_22767_274225485
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 44

The kicker is if you charge back any CC transactions you paid to get it, you'll get banned and lose access to everything ELSE you ever paid for as well. There is no recourse here. :(

:open_mouth:

• rdk7473
    rdk7473
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 6
    thanks kix just saved me money, wont spend another dime on this game, this crap should be illegal, we spend the time and money to get a specific product just to have it changed after purchase. im done, quit once for 3 years, im out again
  • suck-ma-stump
    suck-ma-stump
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 352
    good job kix ..... i only started bounty for 1 reason the new turret i got it fitted it to find it is utter shizzle do me a favour take the blueprint back throw the points i made in the bin and de activate my fooking bounty you rottern bastards
  • RapierKODE
    RapierKODE
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1
    Well done Kix's, the purchase the new UAV based on original stats, invest time and resources to install 3 of them and what happens, you nerf them. Good sales ploy though, based in deliberate deception, the CEO will be impressed    
  • Blitzfinger44
    Blitzfinger44
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 411
    I am curious as to who has to complain before Kixeye reacts so fast to nerf a weapon in this way. Is it the whales who want to point and click on a base or do Kixeye actually research these weapons before they release them?
    I have 2 currently in my base and now I will have to waste my time and efforts in reconfiguring . All this after just 1 day.
    Please team, get a grip.

Exactly.  Where is the quality control?   Too busy with HTML5, so in the meantime we suffer through this product.  Makes no sense.

• B_B..arghh
    B_B..arghh
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 672
    CM Chris
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Apr 2014Posts: 3,734
    Following confirmation of reports that the Silverstrike UAV is overpowered against current tier fleets, the following changes have been made:

What reports about Silverstrike being over powered  ?

Seen many about upraded breachers and other conqs they have not been nerfef
    I would love to know who did the reports on it being over powered ? As the numbers dont add up to it being over powered if the fleet is armoured and used as it is at the moment on a base hit it is gives less damage than alot of our turrets ! If the attacker is running unarmoured basil's then yes it would of seemed over powered as the turret actually reached them :P we can all guess who complained as i know most of the players who are running unarmoured basils , same ones who are running subj's with one uav  ;) If kix can post the numbers to confirm it was over powered "ie no one could over come the damage " then i might accept it was over powered and then just be peeved about the prior release testing wasnt done , but till then i say one GD or simular has given into a friend in the game saying they had to spend gold to make the fleet work again  :D
    playing for fun , not for a 2nd job !
  • B_B..arghh
    B_B..arghh
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 672

:open_mouth:

dont be to sure , i know alot of players who have done chargebacks and still playing , 
    playing for fun , not for a 2nd job !
  • James Leon
    James Leon
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,744
    So after years of playing with i.d. # 116909 I have to say kixeye has reached an all time low , with their bait and switch. To win turret we had to battle thru kixeye employee bases that had original designs to draw in more coin then to nerf it after most built them is an underlying scam wtf are you guy's doing now I have seen alot of crap from this company but these new owners have taken the cake so from here out kixeye this game will be played as originally attended FREE no more coin for your crap scams 
    why were you supposed to hit employe bases to  win the turret? I think the turret is inexpensive and could have been wonby entering thebounty  a couple of days ago and just keeping the grants. While i do understand the prize being changed  with reduced damage but this is a game where that has been does frequently and should not be surprised. The anxiety to coin for fast building and repair fleets is us deciding  to spend the money  not a need . Was the ability to play for free a design or a requirement to be put on FB and be there to attrack people? 
    ahava veshalom
  • Ahh the **** already nerfed the new turret was at 80 K now at 62 k and turret dont cover like it did before !

how come your is 62k mine are only 35k so we will be firing butterflies at the enemy
  • suck-ma-stump
    suck-ma-stump
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 352
    Ahh the **** already nerfed the new turret was at 80 K now at 62 k and turret dont cover like it did before !

how come your is 62k mine are only 35k so we will be firing butterflies at the enemy
    need to equip specials bro .... i got 62k on mine too
  • DJJeckel65
    DJJeckel65
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 454

The End of Battle Pirates Kixeye A Very Bad Lip Read.

If you looking for info that the big coiners don't want to share, check out DJJeckel65 on you tube.  I do try to help as much as I can. Been playing since Beta . 
  • Neko Hanekawa
    Neko Hanekawa
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 74
    fuxxyou said:
    i got 3 of the new turrets  im not upset about the nerf  i relize that kix do this sort of thing a lot.hence why i havent coined for 5/6 mths    its nothing more than stealing from them thats pent money to get it....the answer is   STOP COINING   but still people will coin and moan   not me anymore

not spending money in the game isnt the real answer, the answer is to stop playin for a few weeks months let the higher tier coiners have less targets to hit other than them selves, let the number of players dwindle until the company see's that we wont be taken lightly, sure you can still come here and read the forums like i do to see what goes on, just dont play the game until real changes happen.

• Neko Hanekawa
    Neko Hanekawa
    Potential Threat

well think of it this way you get your money back, you get to kick kixeye in the face and even if they do ban you, you wont be wasting more money on thier game or be tempted to play thier game anymore, its honestly a win win in either situation.

• Neko Hanekawa
    Neko Hanekawa
    Potential Threat
    So after years of playing with i.d. # 116909 I have to say kixeye has reached an all time low , with their bait and switch. To win turret we had to battle thru kixeye employee bases that had original designs to draw in more coin then to nerf it after most built them is an underlying scam wtf are you guy's doing now I have seen alot of crap from this company but these new owners have taken the cake so from here out kixeye this game will be played as originally attended FREE no more coin for your crap scams 
    why were you supposed to hit employe bases to  win the turret? I think the turret is inexpensive and could have been wonby entering thebounty  a couple of days ago and just keeping the grants. While i do understand the prize being changed  with reduced damage but this is a game where that has been does frequently and should not be surprised. The anxiety to coin for fast building and repair fleets is us deciding  to spend the money  not a need . Was the ability to play for free a design or a requirement to be put on FB and be there to attrack people? 
    ^and here comes the company rump kisser.

• PChicken
    PChicken
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2018 Posts: 186
    it was hurting there insect groups they pay to keep hitting us thats why it was nurfed 
  • zeusIII
    zeusIII
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 487
    Maby they'll do a new high powered mort turret that cant hit anything thats moving....
  • kobe1312
    kobe1312
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 53
    Glad I stopped coining a while ago and did not even participate in the Bounty. What a bunch of **** gobbling fraudsters to change things up as people are coining like crazy to redeem it and build it. I truly hope someone files a lawsuit against Kockseye

• Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 2,106
    One really has to wonder why you, after playing all these years, you would call this a "bait and switch?"
    Bait and switch implies intent - when the reality is: kixeye just screwed up again.
    You're in no worse position than anyone else that has this item - i.e. it was adjusted for everyone.
    To try to claim that you would have done something different from the beginning if it had its current stats is not being honest with yourself.
    If you're going to play coin free, you might as well not even play - something else that your years of experience must be telling you (therefore, I feel you are not being honest with yourself again.....)
    " I see no solid discussion or argument. Just whining and name calling. You pose no reason or logic to back up your position and can't articulate a reason why "
  • ScattergunScott
    ScattergunScott
    Joined May 2017 Posts: 1,602
    edited 3 Dec 2019, 2:58PM
    I would like a definition of "Overpowered"......

Before the Nerf, mine {six} stopped ZERO Attacking Fleets.

After the Nerf, they would not even do ANY Damage to Subjugators......

I know the Kool-Aid Drinkers are going to chime in "There is no such thing.", but NOTHING  has EVER more clearly demonstrated the Attacker Bias........
  • CM_Ghillie
    CM_Ghillie
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jun 2019 Posts: 2,540
    edited 5 Dec 2019, 12:16AM
    Hi all. Apologies for the delay.

I've posted an official update thread. I completely understand the upset, and we implemented a recent buff in response to the concerns. Bottom line? We need to do more playtesting with the community, which  something we're actively pursuing. There is room for improvement here, and we are working to prevent issues like this in the future. 

Battle Pirates Community Manager