VXP

Brotherhigh
Brotherhigh
Minor Nuisance
Joined May 2012 Posts: 166
So the VXP targets are designed for the latest hull,but what do you do if you dont have the latest hull but need to get VXP for other hulls,the problem i have got,i took my Steelplate Silverfish into the new VXP target and did no damage,as it is designed for penetrative and not concussive,so after waiting 15 mins or so was able to leave the target,i went onto trying high level 103 i think draconian mega armadas and did that for the remaing 45 mins with a silver salty and ended up with 458 vxp needless to say i wont be doing that again.What happend to the other unknown level vxp targets sometims it was a fleet or a island or subs,what happend to them at least you could get vxp.Poor show kixeye.
BH
  • CptBlackEye-0
    CptBlackEye-0
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 503
    Try silver salty in a 121 vxp target. Rush your fleet into the first cloud, by the first turrets. Hit only what you can reach FROM IN THAT CLOUD ONLY. Allow the weapons to fire all 15 minutes. Take your fleet back to your base to see if you made progress. Nearly damage free with this method.

Note: If you are ranking ships without weapons, add Rapier 4 missiles to every slot (don't worry about specials for it). These researched missiles can be added several at a time for under the 5 minute free time. I fully ranked several pegasus last month with just these weapons, using the above method.
  • davec415
    davec415
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,619
    i did this but i used 2 dragoon shells i needed to rank plus flag silverfish and 2 other sivler fish that needed ranking. i used a 2 star salty and like captblack said i got into the cloud and did what ever damage i counld within the cloud. went in like 3 times and got good vxp. took some damage getting into the cloud. the dragoons did the killing but had silverfish close so they could fire. all ships got fully ranked. i did go in a 2nd time after repaired too get the rest of flag for silverfish and what dragoons still needed ranking. 
    Playing Since July 10 2011
  • Adom_M
    Adom_M
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 552
    Just take the fish into either vxp target, if they won't damage the ships, just kill them, repair over night rinse and repeat. They will be skulled after two or three attacks like that.

Never lose sight that this is a game, its not life and death!!!
  • joe crossland
    joe crossland
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,462
    i agree with the others but one more note draconian mega armadas are not vxp targets they are targets for getting uranium the vxp targets have VXP at the end of their name
  • Brotherhigh
    Brotherhigh
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 166
    Try silver salty in a 121 vxp target. Rush your fleet into the first cloud, by the first turrets. Hit only what you can reach FROM IN THAT CLOUD ONLY. Allow the weapons to fire all 15 minutes. Take your fleet back to your base to see if you made progress. Nearly damage free with this method.

Note: If you are ranking ships without weapons, add Rapier 4 missiles to every slot (don't worry about specials for it). These researched missiles can be added several at a time for under the 5 minute free time. I fully ranked several pegasus last month with just these weapons, using the above method.
    Thankyou for that info most appreciated and i did what you said and i got both my fleets skulled so once again thankyou.
    BH