Please, stop driving stacked in the 133 [Video]

DerpyTheCow
DerpyTheCow
Master Tactician
Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 2,166

So, we have a new level 133 target for the Forsaken Mission.

While my build is not the best, I have found a way to drive better and cut my damage almost in half from my first attempt driving stacked (which is almost the same as auto). 

You need to change your strategy and split a tank (flag for me). This reduces splash damage to your back 4 ships.

Here is a little demonstration:

https://youtu.be/qS7uYy3m9ek

I sure miss the easy points of the 131 with low damage, but we have to figure out one of these targets to hit to do the FM.

When I am not helping people on forums, and I'm not banned, I run a YouTube channel.  I focus on actually helping players in the game. I respond to every comment on there, so it is the best way to find me. If you want more info click the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/c/DerpyTheCow47?sub_confirmation=1
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 6,314
    Question. if most of the damage is splash damage when you drive stacked; why can't that damage be reduced with countermeasures? I thought the splash damage was from mort ships so shouldn't the antimort be reducing that? It just seems strange that we have to have a tank way out front to reduce damage from something that we should be able to counter with CMs.   OR is it the missiles are doing splash damage and thats why the CMs are not countering the splash?
  • DerpyTheCow
    DerpyTheCow
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 2,166
    Question. if most of the damage is splash damage when you drive stacked; why can't that damage be reduced with countermeasures? I thought the splash damage was from mort ships so shouldn't the antimort be reducing that? It just seems strange that we have to have a tank way out front to reduce damage from something that we should be able to counter with CMs.   OR is it the missiles are doing splash damage and thats why the CMs are not countering the splash?
    I honestly don't know where specifically the damage is coming from. It looks like things are getting past my CMs, and even if I double my CM count I don't think I can shoot everything down. 

Might be explosive splash damage, might be penetrative splash damage. No easy way for us to find out.
    When I am not helping people on forums, and I'm not banned, I run a YouTube channel.  I focus on actually helping players in the game. I respond to every comment on there, so it is the best way to find me. If you want more info click the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/c/DerpyTheCow47?sub_confirmation=1
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 6,314
    Stacked ships I take 5-5 1/2 hours damage.  using  1 ship to lead I still take 4h damage in a 133. be interesting to see what others are taking damagewise.
  • michaelg21
    michaelg21
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,915
    Stacked ships I take 5-5 1/2 hours damage.  using  1 ship to lead I still take 4h damage in a 133. be interesting to see what others are taking damagewise.
    I can tell you Apex Predator has uploaded a video I have seen where he can do the Tank idea and do it for 3 coins. The problem is Apex seems to be superhuman on BP-he spends A LOT OF MONEY to test things out-THIS I will give him credit for. The video was shared on my alliance page but is probably google able. The other giveaway about his build is ALL of his Praetorians are U2. Mine are NOT. I dont have that much cash to blow on the game like some do. I have to do it slower so only 1 of mine are U2
  • michaelg21
    michaelg21
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,915
    Also guys, note Kix did NOT give upgrades on the Flag-this is unusual. My guess is that because the Flag is the targeted ship, they wanted to be sure we would be taking a considerable damage hit on it.
  • Lt_Caine
    Lt_Caine
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 311
    The 133 and 137 seem to deliver different ratios of damage.  133= pene   137= exp.  Even with U3 praets the damage is too high for a chore fleet.  Was doing 131 without upgrades and a demo crew for 45 min max or 120M without repairs.  And that was for prizes at 25M maximum.

Now it takes U3, pinches, multiple hits, grease monkey crew so benefit/damage is half while top prize is almost 3x more expensive.  So 6x worse for players.

Online games were always free to play and pay to win.  Is now coin to upgrade and coin to play.  Forget about coin needed to win.
  • SoggyMango
    SoggyMango
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 222
    The whole thing is a pointless exercise of whether you tank/lead a fleet or not.
    The upshot is you take a ridiculous amount of damage. And there is no point in getting **** about the 133 as it to will be retired in few months.
    This, for many, including myself leads to apathy. Now I simply log in bash a few targets and log out until the next day.
    My total game play is now reduced to 10 / 15 minutes a day.
    I have only one repair queue and that determines what I do. As the FM takes precedent then that is all I will do. All other aspects of the game have now stopped.
    You are entitled to your opinion just not entitled to give it
  • PiratePeteX
    PiratePeteX
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 194
    Same, my gamplay is just a few minutes, then repair and log off.

My praets are incomplete (they all basically need armour, and better CM's, oh, and plus now upgrages (thanks kix!!)), and I'm hitting the 133 for 8 hours repair. What I'm seeing here, is even if I max all the armour, and have some upgrades, that damage will only reduce by 3-4 hours. That's not every encouraging for the major chore that it is to get all this tech in the first place.

Still allows me to get some pieces of 25 million armour, and I've decided to not stress about the pegasus fleet, I'm building it up but spending more time on FM fleet. Given the current design of the raids, I've decided to pretty much skip them. I'll build the ships, and get what points I can. There's too much to build/upgrade/refit in too little time.
  • BuckMeatmissile
    BuckMeatmissile
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2018 Posts: 561
    Driving stacked is bad for most targets and ships.  In Skirmish targets if you form a congo line spaced out quite a bit and drive it at a right angle to the ships approaching you, it saves an amazing amount of damage.
    Me: Here is how I clear the fleets out of the 500 with Silverfish
    Worz: Um... You're hiding behind a rock.
    Me: I'd hide behind a preschool if I thought it would help
  • PiratePeteX
    PiratePeteX
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 194
    Unfortunately, the controls of BP making driving a pain. Wish it had the system in Vega where you can assign groups. As a result, I drive stacked and accept the extra damage. 
  • roscar.roscard
    roscar.roscard
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 15
    As weird as it sounds, driving stacked gave me 9 hours of damage (Praets fully equiped and ranked, mix of U1 and zero) 
    After doing the congaline, i managed to lower damage to 6hours.. and don't stop, never ever stop.. even if you have to shift-click to asign waypoints and run in circles around a target; but never stop. It avoids all the splash damage