New ferrite armour vs old

Jim_BP
Jim_BP
Skilled Warrior
Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 528
edited 21 Nov 2019, 3:36AM

2 things:

1: how on earth can you justify the huge price increase for the same 720 performance.  

Is this not a stepping-stone armour for those who need better fleets because they cant reach the 25mill required for the limited armours? if so then      this is backwards pricing. no one is spending 40mill for 720x2 deflection points when they can get 5000 for 25mill

2: how the f is that F1XM recommended ("pairs well with") for Praetorians, that is laughable.

• RABBIT1
    RABBIT1
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,192
    never ever take kix's recommended builds as right, generally they are not.
    One of several things are happening here, possibly more. 
    Kix really doesn't understand its own game mechanic, and don't even play the game themselves.
    Kix being the cynical money grabbing bunch of c---s that they are, throw out these gems of advise, in order to gain money from gullible players.
    Kix is going to mess with the FM even more than they have done already, and introduce a new damage type.

To sum up
    Kix and its middle / upper management are either totally incompetent, outright liars, grifters, or a combination of it all.
    Once you understand that, you will do much better in the game. 
    What me cynical, no, never, maybe!!, well I have been playing kix games for over 3 years.
    Remember its just a game, your life doesn't rely on you being the best.
    Sectors visited :- Who cares, been to some killed some stuff moved on.
    Hulls :- Yep got some and some have guns and stuff
  • BuckMeatmissile
    BuckMeatmissile
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2018 Posts: 534
    The only good thing about these armors is negated by class/tier locking.  They are really good for buffing lower tier ships of all types since they have no class restrictions, BUT THE TARGETS YOU ACTUALLY WANT TO HIT DO.  If all lower tiered ships were allowed in higher tier targets of events these would be much more useful.  

Me: Here is how I clear the fleets out of the 500 with Silverfish
    Worz: Um... You're hiding behind a rock.
    Me: I'd hide behind a preschool if I thought it would help
  • Possaman
    Possaman
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 79
    Wow, that is some price hike. The lunatics have taken over the asylum.
  • DaveyBones
    DaveyBones
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 189
    before even attempting to hit the points required i want to know if they're a one time/one off/you now have the blueprint purchase required or a limited quantity that we're expected to pay down on every week for a single use version?*

***** is it so hard to get that written in item descriptions after they've been introduced as a method of availability for so long? *****
  • BuckMeatmissile
    BuckMeatmissile
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2018 Posts: 534
    The Ferrite armors are NOT limited, you only have to buy them once.  Also note that while they only provide 2K of each Survival type, they provide 2K of EACH survival type AND 50K additional HP over their Limited counterparts.  If your ships have balanced defense, you're only really missing out on a total of 1K Survival per armor piece.  While the PRICE does indeed suck monkey nuts, the armors are a lot more useful than they first appear to be.  

Me: Here is how I clear the fleets out of the 500 with Silverfish
    Worz: Um... You're hiding behind a rock.
    Me: I'd hide behind a preschool if I thought it would help
  • sir sinks alot
    sir sinks alot
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 607
    edited 21 Nov 2019, 8:06PM
    70 million FM points... Someones been on the Crack pipe in Kixeye Towers .... :D:D  
  • joe crossland
    joe crossland
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,493
    Jim_BP said:

2 things:

1: how on earth can you justify the huge price increase for the same 720 performance.  

Is this not a stepping-stone armour for those who need better fleets because they cant reach the 25mill required for the limited armours? if so then      this is backwards pricing. no one is spending 40mill for 720x2 deflection points when they can get 5000 for 25mill

2: how the f is that F1XM recommended ("pairs well with") for Praetorians, that is laughable.

youre comparing an older skirmish armor to a new armor for garrison while they are similar they are not the same 
  • Jim_BP
    Jim_BP
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 528
    youre comparing an older skirmish armor to a new armor for garrison while they are similar they are not the same 
    Was the old armour 40 mil when it came out? no

They are same tier tech, same specs tech

• Alexa the BAE
    Alexa the BAE
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 498
    edited 22 Nov 2019, 4:21PM
    Jim_BP said:
    You are all over thinking this.
    The obvious is already known.
    The 5000 survival numbers work no better that 720.
    It's all just a game only we are not playing it... we are being played.
    "a computer once beat me at chess but it was no match for me at kick boxing"
  • Shanelee33
    Shanelee33
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 23
    I don't understand why there aren't more comments on this.  There should be dozens of people complaining and asking clarifying questions for the developers to attempt to explain.  As it is, I don't think the majority of people care anymore.  And if it smells a little funny, people have learned to leave it alone.  Kixeye did this to themselves.  
  • X7ALPHA
    X7ALPHA
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2019 Posts: 87
    Jim_BP said:

2 things:

such logic
    much wow
    very intelligent

You smoking the same stuff the Kix employee; that came up with the 40mil idea, was smoking?
  • RABBIT1
    RABBIT1
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,192
    I don't understand why there aren't more comments on this.  There should be dozens of people complaining and asking clarifying questions for the developers to attempt to explain.  As it is, I don't think the majority of people care anymore.  And if it smells a little funny, people have learned to leave it alone.  Kixeye did this to themselves.  
    Your right in the even recent past, this thread would have been 3 or 4 pages long by now.
    Players have just stopped caring, and once that happens its very easy to walk away from the game.

What me cynical, no, never, maybe!!, well I have been playing kix games for over 3 years.
    Remember its just a game, your life doesn't rely on you being the best.
    Sectors visited :- Who cares, been to some killed some stuff moved on.
    Hulls :- Yep got some and some have guns and stuff
  • kennethtancy
    kennethtancy
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 233
    edited 24 Nov 2019, 8:10AM
    actually not that players have stopped caring but .... players have figured out the obvious 2 things....

1. these new armors are not limited... thus comparing it with the limited 25mil armors on up front costs is short sighted.. to equip a fleet of Pegasus or preatorians on limited armors at 25 mil each will run into hundreds of millions of points over weeks/months... vs a 1 time cost of 70 million of Ferite armors.

2. these are 'choice' armor... as some have discovered... these are not essential must haves but a 'choice'... many are running Preats on 133/129 targets on older armors and doing well in FM.. and many in previous raid have discovered only very marginal differences in armor/upgrades in top tier target

last but not least... these armors provide higher armor points but lower survival defense points... the limited ones give more survival/defense points over total armor..... vast difference in your repair bill unless you understand the difference between armor/health vs defense survival.

ps. As for Jim's original comparison of both F1 level armor price is a fair complaint...same lvl armor should be same price range.
  • Jooster
    Jooster
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 143
     If your ships have balanced defense, you're only really missing out on a total of 1K Survival per armor piece.  
    But that's huge lmao. The extra hp is trivial due to how the game's numbers have bloated; 50k doesn't mean much when a ship's total health is measured in the millions. An extra 2k survival per stat, though? Big difference.
  • joe crossland
    joe crossland
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,493
    edited 24 Nov 2019, 12:45PM
    Jim_BP said:
    Was the old armour 40 mil when it came out? no

They are same tier tech, same specs tech

1 is showing penetrative and corrosive survival the other is showing explosive and penetrative survival thats hardly the same specs as far as the cost i will agree with you on 
  • kixeyeuser_1388600479319_1249361144
    kixeyeuser_1388600479319_1249361144
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 234
    The prices of ALL the armors lately are out of touch. This is the weekly FM, not a raid. Having to grind every week just to stay current in the FM is the newest idea Kixeye has saddled us with. Obviously the big coiners are just throwing money at this because it is so boring. The rest of us can either deal with it or quit. Kixeye does not care about anything but the big coiners. They have proved this time and again. The reason there are not as many complaints is simply because a lot of those players have quit.
    Upgrade Pirates is not as fun as Battle Pirates
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 6,008
    RABBIT1 said:
    Your right in the even recent past, this thread would have been 3 or 4 pages long by now.
    Players have just stopped caring, and once that happens its very easy to walk away from the game.

Also so many that would have complained about this type of thing have been forum banned. Just this last week in the thread relating to the FM, another 4 players have been banned. So its a combination of some players don't care anymore and others are banned from commenting.