jerry.mayhew.7
jerry.mayhew.7
Greenhorn
Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 10
edited 17 Nov 2019, 4:36AM
Hello Kixeye,
Hope you all doing well,
I just wanted to share my thoughts on this Raid:-
This Raid Top Tier targets aka 130 and 132 are super Lengthy,if you want to do a target with decent driving and low repair,each target takes upto 7-10 minutes,which means each set can take 15-20 minutes which is quite lengthy.
when you can do 3 sets only in an hour,is not good.
Most of you might say this raid we didn't had much to get,but wouldn't mean next raid you also wouldn't have much to get,next raid you will definitely have new skirmish or Garrison hull,weapon,specials,upgrades so you gotta need a lot points so with each target take 7-10 minutes its gonna take years unless you blitz the raid.
And also who would prep for team mates when each set takes upto 20 minutes.
As an Average Raid each target should take 2-5 minutes max,that way its easy and fast to grind and also can prep for team mates,
Thats all i wanted to say and suggest for next Raid's targets,other than this,Raid targets were quite fun and new type of targets.also Pegasus fleet is fun to drive.
Thank you.
  • BuckMeatmissile
    BuckMeatmissile
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2018 Posts: 486
    Impatient whales blitz.  There is nothing wrong, these targets are working as intended.  

Me: Here is how I clear the fleets out of the 500 with Silverfish
    Worz: Um... You're hiding behind a rock.
    Me: I'd hide behind a preschool if I thought it would help
  • mauisurfrat
    mauisurfrat
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 69
    Yah, I agree, even thought the Pegasus are fun to drive and the targets were kind of cool, this was pretty much the most boring raid event ever. So much that i actually kept on falling asleep in the middle of targets. Lol, even Shipwreck event was more exiting.

Maybe next time you could just double the speed in these targets, everything just moving at twice the speed would make it a lot more fun and that would help tremendously. 
  • jonkilawat
    jonkilawat
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 104
    to much time to get points for suck low panel of prizes available. then right after the raid  you offer deals on whole fleet of Pegasus plus upgrades.  why bother doing the hours for the raid when people can buy them  right afterwards.  would be nice if kixeye would Liston to the players for a change 
  • mlkmn140
    mlkmn140
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 92
    i agree love the targets kix...but way, way , to long of time in each one....
  • kaisa
    kaisa
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 6
    i liked the targets once you figure the pattern it was a lot more doable.... on another note.... since it seems kix is all about the "UPGRADE" how are we suppose to build ships refit and upgrade with 1 shipyard. build takes 11 days from scratch then another 7+ for all upgrades for 1 ship...there isn't enough time in a month to get these all done in time.... my pegs are all U3 and even with the tokens from the raid i might only just be able to get them X1 before next raid... give us an upgrade lab so we can do these concurrent with normal builds or refits..

• kixeyeuser_1388600479319_1249361144
    kixeyeuser_1388600479319_1249361144
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 226
    I agree with the comments here. The targets and the pegs had what could have been an interesting dynamic. But 10 min per target (or more) is too much. Lets say you were in really good shape coming into this raid. You would get the peg/war peg tokens (15M), Preat upgrade kits (20M), 8 war peg upgrade kits (2M), 40 peg upgrade kits (10M) For a total of 47M points PLUS 15M more for the bayonet if you actually care about shipwrecks.

If it takes 20min to get 1M points... that's just shy of 21 hours! Damage (which is manageable for once) aside, that's some serious seat time. I know that they are selling time to the whales, but they are killing the game for everyone else. Is this the expectation from the design team? We will get so bored we are willing to coin?? Here is an original idea: make your game so entertaining that we are willing to coin!
    Upgrade Pirates is not as fun as Battle Pirates
  • Playing as a team is a key part of BP for most and i will have no time to prep for my team mates because the targets take to long and that is the fun part helping others, please drop the times next month.
  • HOT-COFFEE
    HOT-COFFEE
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 239
    i agree with what you say Jerry ,and i would also say put some prizes in raid that player want ,
    this raid is by far  the quietest raid i have known in  a normally very active sector .
    most players got there points  for some prizes in the first 24 hours ,
    after that  dead  nobody  sector coms dead for hours even world comms dead for hours ,
    and it will be the same in the next raid 
  • kennethtancy
    kennethtancy
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 226
    I have to agree with most here.... the raid target 'puzzle' should take some time and some coin/effort to crack, but once it is cracked by the player base, the cost in coins/seat time/effort 'paid'... kixeye should let us enjoy the fruits of our labour and let us run. 

Allowing us to run through our own needs will free us up to help other players etc.

its day 3 into the raid and even though I coined to get fleets to U3.... i still have to put in horrendous amount of seat time to barely reach enough points for myself. that leaves me less time to help others.
  • Possaman
    Possaman
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 74
    kaisa said:
    i liked the targets once you figure the pattern it was a lot more doable.... on another note.... since it seems kix is all about the "UPGRADE" how are we suppose to build ships refit and upgrade with 1 shipyard. build takes 11 days from scratch then another 7+ for all upgrades for 1 ship...there isn't enough time in a month to get these all done in time.... my pegs are all U3 and even with the tokens from the raid i might only just be able to get them X1 before next raid... give us an upgrade lab so we can do these concurrent with normal builds or refits..

Never gonna happen. Its where Still/Kix makes most of their money, they aint gonna throw away a cash cow like that.
  • PChicken
    PChicken
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2018 Posts: 48
    doing camp for breacher upgrade as raid is rubbish but not getting upgrade parts wtf  looks like everything messed up 
  • j66shx
    j66shx
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 58
    As Jerry and others have said it is a lengthy process and due to work commitments and real life I am one of those that is currently playing catch up a little! So my only option would be to coin a whole lot of stuff which I feel is unfair and coining a ship repair to get at it is fine but..................
    MMTRIPPER
  • princess941
    princess941
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 160
    I agree 100% targets take too long to drive. I found this raid to be so boring and had no motivation at all to do  it hence why i only have 11 million. Everything in the game is a grind now and all the fun has gone from the game. I am over all these upgrades and kits. Put the upgrades into the Retro lab so that we dont have to choose between building and upgrading. Its ok for people that coin but for those that dont its a tedious prospect and fleets remain half upgraded because with raids every 2 mths you dont get the fleet completed. 
  • de witte
    de witte
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 308
    totally agree with the time needed to do targets.
    I had the kits( and sy time ) to upgrade 1 ship to U3 and flag to U1.
    I put the U3 in spot 5 and to my surprise ships 2,3,4 hardly take damage and they are  not even full builds with 4 specials and 1 armor.
    Average damage in 130 is 15 minutes ,132 18 minutes, with all damage to 1 and 5.
    No doubt i will need to do some more refitting and upgrading for next raid but by no means i will need to get all the kits and tokens .
    To bad there are no other prizes i could use.
  • Barabbas
    Barabbas
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2011 Posts: 845
    I believe we are being tortured into coining by such a monotonous raid, i can barely stay awake to finish a target. 
    Barabbas 
  • kixeyeuser_1394199261612_599659758
    kixeyeuser_1394199261612_599659758
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 99
    Agreed, and also last minute release of hull upgrades is just ridiculous.  At least try to look like you are not monetising every aspect of the game when you are.
  • KingMillo
    KingMillo
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 53
    100%..... To bad they are at the point they care less if battle Pirates folds.. I am guilty of being a sucker and coining chore fleets but iv'e not spent a single coin in this raid or the last 2 due to whomever runs this junk now being so open about not caring about the ones who keep them employed.. Guess its time to rethink even coining chore fleets, iv'e already vowed not to coin a baser/defender or any aspect of my base... 
  • Lil_Bluto
    Lil_Bluto
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 269
    how about a game feed back???
    Monkey Wrench
  • Lil_Bluto
    Lil_Bluto
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 269
    this is not battle pirates any more
    Monkey Wrench
  • Jollyroger_BPL
    Jollyroger_BPL
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 15
    I agree. Although the targets are somewhat well balanced and require at least some skill, there are 2 aspects that affect my player experience negatively. First and foremost, the time required to complete them. It takes lots and lots of seat time for rather low points. This could be dealt with in different ways: increase the points, remove some parts of the puzzle, increase the speed, lower the "slower-speed" effect from CIC. But please, oh please, do not add another upgrade to solve this!!! Second, I'm probably not the only one with lag, and it's very hard to run from ships in that case (I know that's not necessarily Kix's fault, but maybe they could take that into account when designing the targets).
  • Jorge Principe
    Jorge Principe
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 5
    100% agree. The time to play BP is unbearable !! A game is for fun may not be a must.
  • cplyer1
    cplyer1
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 19
    Agreed. Targets take too long to complete.
  • Elizabeth Dallas
    Elizabeth Dallas
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 5
    Agree, well said.
  • Rapse
    Rapse
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 199
    Agreed, more speed please.
  • Philip_Marlowe
    Philip_Marlowe
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 163
    Agree.  Want to emphasize a point you made.  If targets take too long, who is going to prep for lower-level players?  I would not have gotten a foothold in this game had it not been for an alliance member prepping for me to get Rhinos.  Once I had Rhinos, I was on my way.  But the game has changed so much since then.
  • TraderJack
    TraderJack
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,104
    Has the raid crashed ?
  • sardonique13
    sardonique13
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 921
    edited 18 Nov 2019, 10:04AM
    7 days.......err......6 days.........
    sardonique

ex-IKY, ex-DOA, ex-PNLS, never ex-ex.....

.....hey pirates....I'm back.  Buwahahahaha
  • Goldbrain3
    Goldbrain3
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 8
    I also agree with the statement, target times are too long. Even thought its a 5 days raid, it include 3 working days. You hardly get 2-3 hours max on working day to play the game and if you really do not have life include 5 hours each on weekends. 

I only have done 5 sets. LOL  interesting targets but time make you feel bored.