Conquest Yard Level 3

DavidSparks
DavidSparks
Potential Threat
Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 64
Is there any benefit to upgrading the conquest yard to level 3? I don't think I remember seeing anything other than "unlocks expert build," whatever that is, or something like that and I'd rather not have it idle for 10 days for nothing when I could just use that 10 days for some ridiculous U1 upgrade. :/
  • XVIII-Luna
    XVIII-Luna
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2018 Posts: 458
    It's just for the Expert Build feature which is only useful for ships that are T7 and below right now.
    Started in 2011, sector 19.
  • DavidSparks
    DavidSparks
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 64
    It's just for the Expert Build feature which is only useful for ships that are T7 and below right now.
    Just out of curiosity, what does expert build do?
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,354
    It is an option that allows you to build the ship for a higher resource cost while saving a bunch of time and giving the ship some rank.

Personally, it isn't something that you need to worry about enough to warrant upgrading the Conquest Yard if you have other things to do.

The regular Shipyard is much more valuable to upgrade as it provides a 15% weight reduction for Legion tech, and comes with the same expert build functionality, but it can be used on any class of ship instead of just Conqueror/Defender/Interceptor class ships.
  • michaelg21
    michaelg21
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,608
    It is an option that allows you to build the ship for a higher resource cost while saving a bunch of time and giving the ship some rank.

Personally, it isn't something that you need to worry about enough to warrant upgrading the Conquest Yard if you have other things to do.

The regular Shipyard is much more valuable to upgrade as it provides a 15% weight reduction for Legion tech, and comes with the same expert build functionality, but it can be used on any class of ship instead of just Conqueror/Defender/Interceptor class ships.
    However in saying along with Templars answer-it is a foregone conclusion that eventually there will be a Conquest Yard 4 in the future. Since that is VERY likely, it is still useful to upgrade it once you have more important things done.