T8, and the future of VEGA

DamnThings
DamnThings
Greenhorn
Joined Nov 2019 Posts: 2
Been playing a very long time, but I decided to create a different account here to address this.

played a couple years, left the game for more, then came back

Unfortunately, I coined to get back to where I could play again

Been back for all the RPS, T7 Stuff, so almost 2 years again

have seen the drama, and pain from the changes Kix keeps implementing.

THIS is why I have finally decided to point some stuff out.
------------------------------------------------------

Pharmakon had 1 thing to set it apart, and allow the RPS plan to work, phasing
if you worked on setting up an elite Daemon, (not easy if you didn't coin it)
you had something you could use to finally farm those tough fleets.

SO I did, and I had 2 elite Daes to finish my Beho.
It was long, it was painful, but at least in the end I had an elite Beho, and could use it to farm stuff when needed.

Did the same thing with Segfault, farmed my **** off, worked hard to get elite Zeus, and finally, after even harder work, Got the Elite Segfault.

then Orator came out.

worked hard.... got to mk4, wasn't too difficult, SUDDENLY, the difficulty started jumping EXPONENTIALLY, the 140's were not just a Little more difficult, they were MUCH harder, the 150's were also a massive jump up to complete.

The difficulty change was so bad, I almost gave up farming the 150's (and eventually just went with it,  because it was my last dread, so I wanted to finish it, but in the end, finishing those 150s were a little worse then finishing the elite segfault.

---------------------------------------------------------------

THEN

after apparently a few very vocal people kept **** and **** and **** about somehow Pharma was WAY OP, kix decided to "modify" how phasing works

This BROKE the **** game ALL OVER AGAIN.

------

The ENTIRE POINT of phasing was that your ship(s) could shift out of harms way, and at the same time, your enemies could NOT target or see you (unless they picked out your phase shadow)
which meant, if you were farming, and running much faster under phase, you could reposition your fleets and continue the fight when you Un-phased.

THAT is entirely broken now, the Enemy (human, or AI) now KNOWS where your ships are the entire time, you cannot hide, you cannot evade, you cannot put yourself in a better position (think fighting a Beho with a Segfault)

Kixeye did not address ANY of these changes when they decided to break phasing.

There is not a SINGLE ship or fleet out there that gets even close to what they had before if they are PK, you bastards broke an entire faction.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Tier 8

SO, enter T8, more ships, different styles (no longer classes) of ships

I got the Val. not bad, fast enough to evade, great range, decent weapons, I think, ok, this might work.

Built a fleet of mk4's

tried to use them hitting current event fleets.

not very good results. why?, OH, because like so many other events lately, the **** event fleets are NOT in line with their fleet tier numbers.

The **** Malware 98's were tearing up my elite dread like it was a lvl 90 fleet
Indeed, I then looked at the "recommended" level to hit them with (which was mk5 Zeus)

I hit one with an Elite Sov, and 5 Elite zeus, and had that fleet 3/4 dead in 3 hits.

I'm like What The Hell.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

THEN, it dawned on me

The Developers in this game, had a video feed showing hits under the new V2 Phasing between different fleets
it was a video over 2 hrs.

What did I notice?

That what the devs use to TEST this game, and changes to it before rolling it out
ONLY USE ELITE SHIPS

WTF guys, how in the hell can you consider using the most powerfull ships and fleets to test the effects to changes you make to this game that affect ALL players to be a valid testbed?

YOU CAN'T

I saw the **** ship inventory in the video, EVERY SINGLE SHIP was an elite.

Then you guys "play" against each other, and claim you have qualified the changes you are implementing.

Bullshit

_-------------------------------------------------------------------

SO, To the Devs, if you want to save this game, you better understand it more before you make changes to it.

IF you want to test a change to something major, like, say, PHASING, use a fleet of MK1's, MK3's MK5s, and Elites for your test fleets

Run them

then take a high T6, or a Medium T7 (or a **** dread, since you are effectively nerfing those as well), or a MK1 T8 fleet, and hit what you are proposing for an event fleet

--------------------

I was so **** mad when my Elite seg, was almost pointless against the 104 outpost
I was so **** mad when my Elite Orator. was almost useless against the Malware 98 (being the proper ship for RPS)
-----------------------

It's like you guys are Devs who are Devs, but don't know what to do, or how to play the game you are responsible for.
It's like coding a spreadsheet for you, you look at the numbers, but are unaware how they actually change things.

--------------------

This much I will tell you. Although I like this game, and hope it stays in a playable state (i.e. fun)
I will NO LONGER pay anything to continue playing.

And MANY of my friends feel the same way.

In the Software world, we refer to this as a Terminal Update.

Feel free to actually respond............

• DARKHUNNTER
    DARKHUNNTER
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 87
    Man I am so sorry for you, and only thing I can tell you I know the frustration. I am in similar position myself.

Came back to the game after a long break not long after the deamon got released. I saw pharmakon for the first time, and I was like I want that faction badly, and I farmed my **** off to get it. Keep in mind, I did not even have xeno when I cam back. So you can imagine how hard it was for me to grind all the way to MK V deamons. It took months, but I finally made it.

I will also admit, kikx help me a lot with the campaigns and the free Ogres they gave to me. Those free ogres I got form Kikx is what made my final push to t7. But the problem was, I had nothing with what I can farm deamon upgrades. Farmed and build altarian fleets to finally be able to farm and get my first deamon mk V.

For me it was a great achievement, I saw it when I came back to the game, decided I want that ship and farmed my **** off until I did not get it. For all of that progress to be lost overnight.

To be honest, I would not even complain if it would get outdated by t8, I knew it will happen eventually. But I could still use it to have some fun in low lvl fleets occasionally while my higher lvl fleets are repairing. But now, its gone. God knows how many months of progress gone. To make things worse, I did not use a single coin for my progress. So you can imagine how it was. But I will admit, I thought the game is going in good direction now and was very tempted to start putting some money in to the game, but decided lets see t8 first (This was before phasing 2.0 was even introduced). Thanks god I made this decision.

Talking of quitting the game, I did. I still have an eye on a forum to see if there will be any change for the better, but I doubt it. The game will loose much, much more players because of this. Basically, pharmakon made me return to the game. Now since pharmakon is not what it was, I might as well leave.

But you also made a comment about the event fleets. I used a fleet of MK V bastions and a sov to hit the event fleets (full plasma resist and plasma shells). It went down in less than 2 min (day and a half of rep). After that hit I contacted my alliance leader (since he was very good to me, and I was in one of the top 20 alliances in this game), and said to him this is the last time this game will see me, unless there is a drastic change. I did not even put those cruisers to repair, I just closed the game and said enough is enough.

So yea mate, I understand the frustration, and I am sincerely sorry you had to go through all of this disappointment, but not only you, but all of the game community.

Also, I see in your post that you quite optimistically think some of the devs will replay to this post? They dont even answer the question and answers thread. Quite unlikely they will answer this post, and even if they do, i am not sure if there is anything they can say which will stop hords of people from leaving the game.

• DamnThings
    DamnThings
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2019 Posts: 2
    I absolutely agree my friend. This is like a local Walt-Mar store... whom whenever their customers are in line, they have a 1 in 5 chance of a ****, pissing on their leg. They complain to Management, and Management says, OK, what if there is now, only a chance of 1 in 3 of a **** pissing on you (Phasing V2) but if you agree, we will change out the bums, with a "better" ****, he's now a 1 in 6 chance, but he craps on you instead of pissing on you...... 

YO, Kix, this is what you are doing, you are not listening, and when it goes from telling us it's raining (when someone is pissing), it's going to be the stuff hitting the fan, when you ignore that 2nd, REPLACEMENT ****..... and since that tends to go EVERYWHERE, you WILL be hit by that, since you made the rest of us too close to it.
  • Alex Videoman
    Alex Videoman
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2019 Posts: 68

@DamnThings said:
    Been playing a very long time, but I decided to create a different account here to address this.
    played a couple years, left the game for more, then came back
    Unfortunately, I coined to get back to where I could play again
    Been back for all the RPS, T7 Stuff, so almost 2 years again
    have seen the drama, and pain from the changes Kix keeps implementing.
    THIS is why I have finally decided to point some stuff out.------------------------------------------------------
    Pharmakon had 1 thing to set it apart, and allow the RPS plan to work, phasingif you worked on setting up an elite Daemon, (not easy if you didn't coin it)you had something you could use to finally farm those tough fleets.
    SO I did, and I had 2 elite Daes to finish my Beho.
    It was long, it was painful, but at least in the end I had an elite Beho, and could use it to farm stuff when needed.
    Did the same thing with Segfault, farmed my **** off, worked hard to get elite Zeus, and finally, after even harder work, Got the Elite Segfault.
    then Orator came out.
    worked hard.... got to mk4, wasn't too difficult, SUDDENLY, the difficulty started jumping EXPONENTIALLY, the 140's were not just a Little more difficult, they were MUCH harder, the 150's were also a massive jump up to complete.

The difficulty change was so bad, I almost gave up farming the 150's (and eventually just went with it,  because it was my last dread, so I wanted to finish it, but in the end, finishing those 150s were a little worse then finishing the elite segfault.

THEN
    after apparently a few very vocal people kept **** and **** and **** about somehow Pharma was WAY OP, kix decided to "modify" how phasing works

This BROKE the **** game ALL OVER AGAIN.

The ENTIRE POINT of phasing was that your ship(s) could shift out of harms way, and at the same time, your enemies could NOT target or see you (unless they picked out your phase shadow)which meant, if you were farming, and running much faster under phase, you could reposition your fleets and continue the fight when you Un-phased.
    THAT is entirely broken now, the Enemy (human, or AI) now KNOWS where your ships are the entire time, you cannot hide, you cannot evade, you cannot put yourself in a better position (think fighting a Beho with a Segfault)
    Kixeye did not address ANY of these changes when they decided to break phasing.

There is not a SINGLE ship or fleet out there that gets even close to what they had before if they are PK, you bastards broke an entire faction.

Tier 8
    SO, enter T8, more ships, different styles (no longer classes) of ships
    I got the Val. not bad, fast enough to evade, great range, decent weapons, I think, ok, this might work.
    Built a fleet of mk4's
    tried to use them hitting current event fleets.
    not very good results. why?, OH, because like so many other events lately, the **** event fleets are NOT in line with their fleet tier numbers.
    The **** Malware 98's were tearing up my elite dread like it was a lvl 90 fleetIndeed, I then looked at the "recommended" level to hit them with (which was mk5 Zeus)
    I hit one with an Elite Sov, and 5 Elite zeus, and had that fleet 3/4 dead in 3 hits.

I'm like What The Hell.

THEN, it dawned on me
    The Developers in this game, had a video feed showing hits under the new V2 Phasing between different fleetsit was a video over 2 hrs.
    What did I notice?
    That what the devs use to TEST this game, and changes to it before rolling it outONLY USE ELITE SHIPS
    WTF guys, how in the hell can you consider using the most powerfull ships and fleets to test the effects to changes you make to this game that affect ALL players to be a valid testbed?
    YOU CAN'T
    I saw the **** ship inventory in the video, EVERY SINGLE SHIP was an elite.
    Then you guys "play" against each other, and claim you have qualified the changes you are implementing.
    Bullshit
    _-------------------------------------------------------------------
    SO, To the Devs, if you want to save this game, you better understand it more before you make changes to it.
    IF you want to test a change to something major, like, say, PHASING, use a fleet of MK1's, MK3's MK5s, and Elites for your test fleets
    Run them

then take a high T6, or a Medium T7 (or a **** dread, since you are effectively nerfing those as well), or a MK1 T8 fleet, and hit what you are proposing for an event fleet

I was so **** mad when my Elite seg, was almost pointless against the 104 outpostI was so **** mad when my Elite Orator. was almost useless against the Malware 98 (being the proper ship for RPS)-----------------------

It's like you guys are Devs who are Devs, but don't know what to do, or how to play the game you are responsible for.It's like coding a spreadsheet for you, you look at the numbers, but are unaware how they actually change things.

This much I will tell you. Although I like this game, and hope it stays in a playable state (i.e. fun)I will NO LONGER pay anything to continue playing.
    And MANY of my friends feel the same way.

In the Software world, we refer to this as a Terminal Update.
    Feel free to actually respond............

How can you not do the malware targets with orater? Can do 4-5 before i take a percent of damage. Use mk4 zeslots 4 of them to tank. Ler yourself get hit a tiny bit for waaay boosted dps and target the operators first boom easy in 1 minute ish.

• Ka Dosh
    Ka Dosh
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 129

In kixeye there must be a malevolent mind who had done some dark business with an innocent/naïve or perverse insurance company in that way if Kixeye goes to bankrupt a lot of money will be transferred to an account in Switzerland/Bahamas. But as it was planned out, this evilness must not be done so obvious like the failure was a mix of bad decisions taken by not qualified people and a lost of interests developed by the players due that bad decisions.

So fellow sailors, let's contemplate how intense are those flames that arise from Carthage while we raise anchors with dropping wings...

• larsNixdorf
    larsNixdorf
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 70
    Hallo, in vega is to many Farming ...i have a Job and i like not Play to many Vega...the farming for T8 elite is to heavy...when this the future of Vega than play alone this ****...Thanks..