Damage in the 82 is OTT

BraeBonnee
BraeBonnee
Minor Nuisance
Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 231
While my Pegs were repairing, I took my skulled U3 Dragoons (all refitted with a GlievePac) into an 82 and took nearly 5 hours damage!  I drove carefully and avoided all fire angels. All for 100,000 points?  I had taken minimal damage in the 80.  Something definitely wrong with those 82s.
  • kixeyeuser_1388600479319_1249361144
    kixeyeuser_1388600479319_1249361144
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 225
    They turned the damage way up since last night. Simple as that.
    Upgrade Pirates is not as fun as Battle Pirates
  • RABBIT1
    RABBIT1
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,192
    I am doing the 80 for around 25 mins and the 82 for 30 mins with steelheads crew. If I use a Demo squad and rep with a GM crew they are both dock insta.
    My Goons are skulled but I havent upgraded them at all.

Its important in both targets you never stop, keep moving and target the little UAV turrets first.
    What me cynical, no, never, maybe!!, well I have been playing kix games for over 3 years.
    Remember its just a game, your life doesn't rely on you being the best.
    Sectors visited :- Who cares, been to some killed some stuff moved on.
    Hulls :- Yep got some and some have guns and stuff
  • dave.sage.73
    dave.sage.73
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 113
    RABBIT1 said:
    I am doing the 80 for around 25 mins and the 82 for 30 mins with steelheads crew. If I use a Demo squad and rep with a GM crew they are both dock insta.

Its important in both targets you never stop, keep moving and target the little UAV turrets first.
    If you've got a reasonable amount of Sprint CM, you don't need to worry about the UAVs, main thing is to keep moving on the 80s, no point in doing the 82s at all as the 402s are so bad you can't get a set and the set points are very small, just grind 80s
  • TRUCULENT2
    TRUCULENT2
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 2,772
    While my Pegs were repairing, I took my skulled U3 Dragoons (all refitted with a GlievePac) into an 82 and took nearly 5 hours damage!  I drove carefully and avoided all fire angels. All for 100,000 points?  I had taken minimal damage in the 80.  Something definitely wrong with those 82s.
    While my Pegs were repairing, I took my skulled U3 Flag Dragoon, 1 U3 Dragoon, and 3 U2 Dragoons (with only 2 Glaives in the fleet) into an 82 and took around 30 minutes of damage. I guess I drove carefuller. My fleet is near insta repair in the base in 80s. 
    I have a hard time believing that we are dealing with a company that is brilliantly scamming us AND entirely incompetent. 

This is a private company in a capitalist market trying to make money - your money. Give it to them, or don't - but don't fault them for trying. 
  • BraeBonnee
    BraeBonnee
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 231
    While my Pegs were repairing, I took my skulled U3 Flag Dragoon, 1 U3 Dragoon, and 3 U2 Dragoons (with only 2 Glaives in the fleet) into an 82 and took around 30 minutes of damage. I guess I drove carefuller. My fleet is near insta repair in the base in 80s. 
    Yep - It would appear that my driving carefully wasn't as careful as your carefuller - lol
  • arnast
    arnast
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 921
    82 and 402 my dragoons get slaughtered and in and 80 they are getting more damage than yesterday and they want more people to play this stupid game..

• michaelg21
    michaelg21
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,608
    arnast said:
    82 and 402 my dragoons get slaughtered and in and 80 they are getting more damage than yesterday and they want more people to play this stupid game..

Sorry my response is a bit late-I have the answer to your question. Your build is the problem. You will need to rethink it. I am afraid I can't give you the direct answer HERE, but that is the issue as to why you are having problems.
  • RABBIT1
    RABBIT1
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,192
    RABBIT1 said:

If you've got a reasonable amount of Sprint CM, you don't need to worry about the UAVs, main thing is to keep moving on the 80s, no point in doing the 82s at all as the 402s are so bad you can't get a set and the set points are very small, just grind 80s
    I find the 82 easier than the 80, (probably because I don't have as many sprints as you). But I have worked out a way of doing the 402 for around the same damage as the other two (as long as my timing is spot on. I agree the damage is excessive if you get it wrong in any of the targets, but I suppose kix has to set it up that way, so we are encouraged to coin our mistakes. And of course if they where to easy, people would just auto everything.
    What me cynical, no, never, maybe!!, well I have been playing kix games for over 3 years.
    Remember its just a game, your life doesn't rely on you being the best.
    Sectors visited :- Who cares, been to some killed some stuff moved on.
    Hulls :- Yep got some and some have guns and stuff