I'd recommend NOT upgrading your Praes to U3

BuckMeatmissile
BuckMeatmissile
Skilled Warrior
Joined Dec 2018 Posts: 486
edited 13 Nov 2019, 3:42AM
Spread -50%.  Yes, you can focus more on a target, but your splash from spread rockets will reach the center most of the time anyway.  Spread is GOOD for rockets and mortars, you want this as high as you can get it.  This will allow you to destroy more enemies while you are still out of their range, and adds to the effect of splash in this manner. The -50% spread is a nerf, not a buff...

Me: Here is how I clear the fleets out of the 500 with Silverfish
Worz: Um... You're hiding behind a rock.
Me: I'd hide behind a preschool if I thought it would help
  • Paulholio
    Paulholio
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 472
    I think the key from above is "most of the time". I think if you can reduce spread just enough to make it hit "all of the time", you would effectively kill your targets faster, thus reducing the battle time and subsequently the damage the enemy might do to your ships. Anyone that is truly concerned about the -50% spread could attempt to increase their splash values.
    Paulholio
  • Detective_Soulhex129
    Detective_Soulhex129
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 1,465
    apparently u dont know the spread of the rockets.....
    Image result for detective pikachu gif"
  • D'Steel
    D'Steel
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 168

@BuckMeatmissile said:
    Spread -50%.  Yes, you can focus more on a target, but your splash from spread rockets will reach the center most of the time anyway.  Spread is GOOD for rockets and mortars, you want this as high as you can get it.  This will allow you to destroy more enemies while you are still out of their range, and adds to the effect of splash in this manner. The -50% spread is a nerf, not a buff...

That just ur noob options. To me i want less spread the better. ;p

• X1F3RGH0S7
    X1F3RGH0S7
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2019 Posts: 58
    A better option would be to go upto U3 and have Combustion System II maxrank
  • sardonique13
    sardonique13
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 920

I am looking at your "join date" and I will give you a pass.  But before you come on the forums and start spewing nonsense, you should learn to play the game.  With more spread, the lower the damage of the rocket or mortar.  For each distance that the rocket or mortar lands outside of target "zero", the lower the damage of the rocket or mortar.  I'm not gonna call you names other than ignorant, because in this manner...you lack of experience truly make you ignorant on the subject.
    sardonique

ex-IKY, ex-DOA, ex-PNLS, never ex-ex.....

.....hey pirates....I'm back.  Buwahahahaha
  • Detective_Soulhex129
    Detective_Soulhex129
    Incursion Leader
    edited 13 Nov 2019, 7:29AM
    Do you mean explosive system 4? cuz having combustion system2 just reduces the buff u3 gives
  • X1F3RGH0S7
    X1F3RGH0S7
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2019 Posts: 58
    Do you mean explosive system 4? cuz having combustion system2 just reduces the buff u3 gives
    Yes that would be what I and any other sane person would aim for. But from OP's POV, since he wants some amount of spread, I suggested Combustion System
  • BuckMeatmissile
    BuckMeatmissile
    Skilled Warrior

Go for it, just remember Upgrades are not reversible.

• sardonique13
    sardonique13
    Strike-force Captain

I love it how you still think you are right and "on to something", even after multiple people with years more experience have told you otherwise.
    sardonique

• BuckMeatmissile
    BuckMeatmissile
    Skilled Warrior

I love it how you still think you are right and "on to something", even after multiple people with years more experience have told you otherwise.
    They also told me I was an idiot for putting Raptor launchers on Dragoons.  Have you seen what that does to a 131?  That is why they are being 'retired'...

• Detective_Soulhex129
    Detective_Soulhex129
    Incursion Leader
    Yes that would be what I and any other sane person would aim for. But from OP's POV, since he wants some amount of spread, I suggested Combustion System
    wise choice indeed then
  • sardonique13
    sardonique13
    Strike-force Captain

They also told me I was an idiot for putting Raptor launchers on Dragoons.  Have you seen what that does to a 131?  That is why they are being 'retired'...

pmsl....ok man.  Yeah....don't upgrade your ships...lemme know how that works out for you.  And I am SURE they are retiring the 131 based solely on one players build........::smh:::
    sardonique

• Jim_BP
    Jim_BP
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 521
    have you seen the spread on the preats? you go ahead tho and only go to U2 lol
  • joey.penfold
    joey.penfold
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 14
    edited 14 Nov 2019, 7:45PM
    lol dont upgrate it and wait next month then i bet you will upgrate it. it is not only FM you will need it for the pillage 

• ScattergunScott
    ScattergunScott
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined May 2017 Posts: 1,582

Yeah. It's not like mine have Specials that reduce Spread 56%. That would be crazy.