Nova Driver, Specials and Fleet Commanders?

shockwavesix
shockwavesix
Potential Threat
Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 33

Trying to get some good information for Nova Driver Valrayvn fleets...

Obviously the damage type is explosive.  But usually explosive weapons are Missile type.  Except Nova Driver is obviously called a Driver.  So... do Driver based bonuses from specials and commanders apply?  To missile based bonuses apply?  Neither?

What commanders are you guys using?

• shockwavesix
    shockwavesix
    Potential Threat

Okay, so I partially answered my own question from the Tier 8 Spotlight pinned thread.

Weapon Type: Driver

Damage Type: Explosive

So presumably, the fleet commander that gives bonus projectile range to Drivers would have an effect. He doesn't effect explosive bonus damage though, so the question is, is Driver range more valuable, or is Explosive damage more valuable? 

• airdrop airdrop
    airdrop airdrop
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2019 Posts: 25
    For me the most important for nova driver is explosive damage, I use the commander who gives driver range on my plexus fleet with kaon drivers (even if pharma is broke now ...).
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 1,830
    range is  **** useless , speed is king.add all the range you want without speed you MISS

range goes to OPTICS
    EX  AOE
    KI  SPEED
    Sealcorps is my biggest fan, ty Sealcorps  for always reading what i write. :)
  • shockwavesix
    shockwavesix
    Potential Threat

So going through the specials, I don't see anything equipable to a Val that will give speed to Drivers.   I see speed for Kinetic, but that doesn't help. 

Going through commanders, I also see speed for Missiles and Torpedoes, but that also doesn't help.

Should we be assuming that there will be new specials coming down the pipeline at some point, and for now just equip sunder thrusters and magnetic collar?

• Alex Videoman
    Alex Videoman
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2019 Posts: 84

@LilBasterd said:
    range is  **** useless , speed is king.add all the range you want without speed you MISS
    range goes to OPTICS
    EX  AOEKI  SPEED

Except the part whwre one mk1 val outranges your carrier and blackguards so you always die with no hope of catching him and not even the overdrive outranges the broken machine

• Got No Coin
    Got No Coin
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 641
    There are no specials currently available. The explosive guy is good for the lower makes where all you can use is ND2. There really is no help for the upper levels that are or should be shooting blight. Sadly Kix is late in getting new commanders or specials for L8. Poor planning I say. that driver/vulcan guy is pretty much useless. Like the other guy said, speed is king.
  • Marticus65
    Marticus65
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 171
    One thing that helps is that as you mark the Valrayvn up the weapon sped bonus increases, up to +75% on Mk5.  
  • Alex Videoman
    Alex Videoman
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2019 Posts: 84

@Got No Coin said:
    There are no specials currently available. The explosive guy is good for the lower makes where all you can use is ND2. There really is no help for the upper levels that are or should be shooting blight. Sadly Kix is late in getting new commanders or specials for L8. Poor planning I say. that driver/vulcan guy is pretty much useless. Like the other guy said, speed is king.

Onin gives a wopping 12k health and boosts blight damage? Im pretty sure if you use 6 hulls