Chief_Barney
Skilled Warrior
Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 387
U4 Upgrades? Are you guys fracking crazy, Push more people away 
  • James Leon
    James Leon
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,641
    I think that it is awesome that the upgrades  is increasing, imagine a u4 breacher or subjugator and basilisk fleet? My guess is that this is pace setters.  My little theory is that html is taking a lot of development time and than after that we would get  an o.p. upgrade  along with a higher tier of hulls to go along with it. Either that or the hull design on vacation and  kix trying to give reasons to spend again on current ships.
    ahava veshalom
  • frbailey81
    frbailey81
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2017 Posts: 60
    m8 they dont really give any **** bout the players the only ones they care about are the ones who spend 100s maybe 1000s a month if your not in that bracket then they dont care. the ones spending will do the upgrades no questions asked and just keep the money grab going longer
  • BuckMeatmissile
    BuckMeatmissile
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2018 Posts: 486
    Some ships gain no real advantages from upgrades at all, and Survival upgrades are being backseated by armors, specials, and even weapons with uber-high Survival stats of their own.  I'll agree that Basilisk U2 is absolutely vital, as are Interceptors if you play those (and you only really need to upgrade 3 unless you switch hit your play style and use different ones).  
    Me: Here is how I clear the fleets out of the 500 with Silverfish
    Worz: Um... You're hiding behind a rock.
    Me: I'd hide behind a preschool if I thought it would help
  • squeak.lewis
    squeak.lewis
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 93
    heck from the looks of it they are just going to push high numbers on every thing so all WILL quit and they will start a new game and call it ( battle pirates 2 players start over) has a good ring to it yes I have this feeling html is not going to make it!
  • Battlefatigue
    Battlefatigue
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 322
    i think U4 upgrade is for their stupid pegasus hull design. The U4 is an attempt to get us interested in that stupid hull. I will never build an assault with -30 range built into the hull. That is insane. The constant upgrade of event targets is going to drive most us out of this game because repairs will be to long and cost to much to coin.
  • BuckMeatmissile
    BuckMeatmissile
    Skilled Warrior
    i think U4 upgrade is for their stupid pegasus hull design. The U4 is an attempt to get us interested in that stupid hull. I will never build an assault with -30 range built into the hull. That is insane. The constant upgrade of event targets is going to drive most us out of this game because repairs will be to long and cost to much to coin.
    Agree.  The Pegasus is a crap pile.  The flagship is an overpowered monster, build both of those and use them to flag other ships.

• Sputnik001
    Sputnik001
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 1,286
    can you image the time it will take for U4???? 7+ days at their current rate....
  • thebra1n
    thebra1n
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2018 Posts: 14
    they "reduced" build times lol, this is how they reduced the build times by adding BS upgardes, upgrades on the newest hulls really does take the preerbial 

thankfully im so close to quiting it sint even funny
  • ACAM73
    ACAM73
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 236
    thebra1n said:
    they "reduced" build times lol, this is how they reduced the build times by adding BS upgardes, upgrades on the newest hulls really does take the preerbial 

thankfully im so close to quiting it sint even funny
    Kix, Lets reduce the build times and give them upgrade times. LOL I hear you, Im almost done too 
  • T00T
    T00T
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,580
    And the beauty of the upgrades is that they:
    1. Are even longer than the hull build times (for some hulls A LOT longer). 
    2. Occupy the SY, thus preventing building another hull while upgrading.
    3. Require upgrade kits (that for most hulls are not readily available on a day-to-day basis).
    4. Don't accept ship build tokens from FM to speed them up.
    oh...and they are also making players quit...I would know...

• BuckMeatmissile
    BuckMeatmissile
    Skilled Warrior
    Right now the only thing Upgrades are stopping me from enjoying is Shipwrecks.  Those are utterly pointless without Upgrades.

• ScattergunScott
    ScattergunScott
    Joined May 2017 Posts: 1,582
    U4 Upgrades? Are you guys fracking crazy, Push more people away 
    The whole idea of a brand new Hull needing ANY  Upgrades to be truly useful in the Event it was designed for is stupid. Especially since they came right out and said when Upgrades were introduced, it was to make older Hulls stay useful........