Pegasus fleet and Glowing Nav-relay

Rockstar2k15
Rockstar2k15
Strike-force Captain
Joined May 2015 Posts: 815
Just a warning to fellow pirates, do not attack the nav-relays with your Pegasus fleet it will get infinite stun and you won't be able to do anything for the duration of the battle and die.
  • ScattergunScott
    ScattergunScott
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined May 2017 Posts: 1,602
    Just a warning to fellow pirates, do not attack the nav-relays with your Pegasus fleet it will get infinite stun and you won't be able to do anything for the duration of the battle and die.
    Yeah. It has always been like that. Stuns everything but SkyFire/Phoenix. {Which were made for that Raid.}
  • phil.rothwell.5
    phil.rothwell.5
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 815
    Is that even with agility4 fitted?
  • Capt. Phantom
    Capt. Phantom
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 114
    This warning also included saturns and Nemesis X for the same reason, if anyone has tried the glowing nav relays with the free saturns, can post or reply if its still no good, threw my free ones away except the flagship so i won't know
    Related image
  • Yabanut
    Yabanut
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 302
    This warning also included saturns and Nemesis X for the same reason, if anyone has tried the glowing nav relays with the free saturns, can post or reply if its still no good, threw my free ones away except the flagship so i won't know
    It was covered for Nemesis and Saturn fleets when they came out, but always good to add about it for returning / new players :)
  • Scogel
    Scogel
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 481
    With Nem X you can outrange the mini dudes that stun your fleet, just keep them at max range
    If you don't want a sarcastic answer, don't ask stupid questions.
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,791
    Glowing Nav Relays are the best example of new fleets not always being compatible with old targets. There are a couple others, but this is the prime example.

Don't hit Glowing Nav Relays with anything outside of the fleets the target was designed for.
    Phoenix, Skyfire, Caedes, and accompanying flagships are the only things you should engage them with. Anything else won't fare so well.
  • FoolishThumper
    FoolishThumper
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 43
    Glowing Nav Relays are the best example of new fleets not always being compatible with old targets. There are a couple others, but this is the prime example.

Don't hit Glowing Nav Relays with anything outside of the fleets the target was designed for.
    Phoenix, Skyfire, Caedes, and accompanying flagships are the only things you should engage them with. Anything else won't fare so well.

The fleet of Saturns provided by Kix, slightly modified, work just fine in the 85 Nav Relays. Most of the time, the tokens for them in the events are low enough points to grab a few each time.
  • jackhammj
    jackhammj
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 124
    edited 8 Jun 2020, 6:28AM

Is there a warning on these targets that say dont attack unless its PHoenix/Skyfire???  I was stuck til battle timed out in there with zealots.  Only 18 minute damage though.

Missed this little tidbit of info between when I quit at Tier 5.5 and came back after 8.5.

Pretty annoyed atm LOL.
  • ryan723
    ryan723
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 2,260
    Yeah... I tried a few new fleets in old targets, and they don't work out so well...However, I will say this, the Zealots work wonders in the Draconian Mega Convoys!
    Lucky Luke wrote: »
    Our group has started to call them Zombie fleets....for obvious reasons.

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/7492/mynewsig.png
    I will be following this thread with interest. Please carry on.
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,791
    jackhammj said:

Is there a warning on these targets that say dont attack unless its PHoenix/Skyfire???  I was stuck til battle timed out in there with zealots.  Only 18 minute damage though.

Missed this little tidbit of info between when I quit at Tier 5.5 and came back after 8.5.

Pretty annoyed atm LOL.
    Not that I am aware of. I do think the Glowing Nav Relays should be class and tier locked though. The only way you know is if someone tells you, or you try it for yourself and see that it doesn't work.
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 3,474
    edited 9 Jun 2020, 12:32AM
    jackhammj said:

Pretty annoyed atm LOL.
    These targets are OLD, & why they haven't been rotated out (as other map targets have been) well, there's only one reason

Sorry to say it, but Kix like to throw wrenches into your game play.. Want to smash that wee target with your latest fleet? Errm, got a wee surprise for you.

All I can say is just don't bother with them, & advise all your mates who are coming back to the game to not bother with them either. Your Saturns will do the Mega Convoys just fine, & a SINGLE Zealot can do a L95 for instant repair on auto

Now, I will understand if you don't have that one, so, a tip:

Those Praetorians Kix gave you? Hit the L68 Mega Convoys with them, auto, & you'll get 16k Ti for free map repair.
    I specialize in wife removal, crushing heads & other forms of violence, like roasting faces, or cutting horses in two with a single swing of my sword
    I fear nothing, your pixels are dust compared to my physical might (8'0", 420lb)
  • MillionDlrBil
    MillionDlrBil
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 417
    These targets are OLD, & why they haven't been rotated out (as other map targets have been) well, there's only one reason

Sorry to say it, but Kix like to throw wrenches into your game play.. Want to smash that wee target with your latest fleet? Errm, got a wee surprise for you.
    These targets were rotated out, long, long ago. 

The community was not happy and aired their grievances loud, so as a gesture they were returned to the map. 
  • ZoneTan
    ZoneTan
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 164
    jackhammj said:

Pretty annoyed atm LOL.

All I can say is just don't bother with them, & advise all your mates who are coming back to the game to not bother with them either. Your Saturns will do the Mega Convoys just fine, & a SINGLE Zealot can do a L95 for instant repair on auto

Those Praetorians Kix gave you? Hit the L68 Mega Convoys with them, auto, & you'll get 16k Ti for free map repair.
    i like these targets as they give me the chance to win a caedes hull shard to one day build that hull.
  • ryan723
    ryan723
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 2,260
    edited 9 Jun 2020, 3:40AM
    ZoneTan said:
    jackhammj said:

Pretty annoyed atm LOL.

i like these targets as they give me the chance to win a caedes hull shard to one day build that hull.

Good luck, it takes 21 days for an empty build, not to mention it takes 1 day 16 hours for repair. 

Lucky Luke wrote: »
    Our group has started to call them Zombie fleets....for obvious reasons.

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/7492/mynewsig.png
    I will be following this thread with interest. Please carry on.
  • Spartan 336
    Spartan 336
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 51
    The KIx saturn fleets work just fine in the 85 navs and the 95 for titanium. mine are untouched except for the upgrades.
    SPARTAN 336
  • DarkAlice
    DarkAlice
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2019 Posts: 69
    Use the Zealot for crying out loud to kill those Nav relay I might get stunned occasionally but at least I destroy it easily and without getting timed out
    If an account cannot get deleted find a way to violate TOS even if I have to criticize this dumb game
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 9 Jun 2020, 4:22AM

These targets were rotated out, long, long ago. 

The community was not happy and aired their grievances loud, so as a gesture they were returned to the map. 
    Probably those collectors still trying to get the shards for the Cedes? :wink:

Anyway, my main thrust still stands-hit the newer targets, with Praets if you have nothing better to hand.

& Alice, a SINGLE Zealot should be doing 95s for Ti instant repair without timing out. U-0, no armour at that.
    I specialize in wife removal, crushing heads & other forms of violence, like roasting faces, or cutting horses in two with a single swing of my sword
    I fear nothing, your pixels are dust compared to my physical might (8'0", 420lb)
  • Warbane
    Warbane
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2020 Posts: 47
    All of this proves that the game has no structure especially for new players and when the masses of programmers sort out the change over to HTML5 maybe they can be set to work sorting the game out for new players from start to end.
  • XVIII-Luna
    XVIII-Luna
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2018 Posts: 546
    edited 9 Jun 2020, 7:02AM
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane said:
    Anyway, my main thrust still stands-hit the newer targets, with Praets if you have nothing better to hand.

& Alice, a SINGLE Zealot should be doing 95s for Ti instant repair without timing out. U-0, no armour at that.
    Nah, they don't really belong in the game anymore. Glowing Nav Relays are just scrub traps now that we are four (7.5/8/8.5/9) tiers ahead of the lv95 Convoy which was a T7 target. Kix needs to put the shards back in the prize lists for people who want to collect that thing.
    It's also very hard to find yourself in a position where you have no tools to do 95s with as well. You can auto it for free with just about anything.

Started in 2011, sector 19.
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane said:

Nah, they don't really belong in the game anymore. Glowing Nav Relays are just scrub traps now that we are four (7.5/8/8.5/9) tiers ahead of the lv95 Convoy which was a T7 target. Kix needs to put the shards back in the prize lists for people who want to collect that thing.
    It's also very hard to find yourself in a position where you have no tools to do 95s with as well. You can auto it for free with just about anything.

I bet Skies/Phoenix can't do 95s for instant but hehe

Nice result--Flag HellHound? & some VERY old MC-Xs?