A Garrison Ship Using Missiles?????

coolcat00
coolcat00
Potential Threat
Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 96
I'm excited for the possibility of a Garrison Ship with Missiles:  Please make the next Garrison ship missile based kixeye
There is some missile tech listed below that is/isn't equitable to garrison ships

As far as weapons go; the newest missile equitable to a garrison ship is Multiplatform Anti-missile.
We have seen splash Missiles(launch like mortars) used by enemy Monoliths in some of the new Legion Barracks.

These missile specials are equitable to Garrison Ships:                                                 These are Only equitable for Assault:
Type                   Garrison/Assault                        All classes                                         Assault Only

Range                 Rapid Roller Bearing                   Advanced Optical Tracking                Multi-lens Targeting
Dmg/Reload       Surgical Strike Warheads            Carbon Fiber Casing                         
Armor weight     High Speed Missile Jets               (armor special)                                  Lowered Penetrative Mounts
Batteries                                                               Assault battery                                  Penetrative Battery
Countermeasure Antimissile Proliferation Sys II     Countermeasure Loaders IV              Prometheus missile system 

(Galea Defense system is for Skir/Gar/****)       

Some more Specials that are equitable on all classes:
Strike System V
Assault engine

We can see that Kixeye intentionally gives some penetrative specials the ability to be used on Garrison ships
The only garrison hull that uses missiles is  the Proto-Nemesis    It would be cool to see a Newer Garrison Hull with Splash missiles....

• Angus_B
    Angus_B
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 976
    it's not really what's equipable to garrison hulls that is the question; it's what the damage type that's needed for the targets that garrison hulls can hit 
  • vvat4er
    vvat4er
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 56
    Just a thought, Kixeye: U3 praetorian with +275% pen damage, and next garrison heavy explosive resist. $_$
  • Cyanide Sandwich
    Cyanide Sandwich
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,166
    Im kind of tired of the rocket based blitz hulls for the FM, a missile or mortar hull would be nice for T9.

Speaking of which, Kixeye, can we PLEASE get a thrower based hull for the T9 Siege cycle? I feel like throwers for ships have been forgotten about with the most recent being for the carnage.
    Battle Pirates
    In-game name: Cyanide Sandwich              
    Home Sector: 21                                          Ship Design Discussion Group (Open to all): https://www.facebook.com/groups/118022991724717/
    KIXEYE logic is the only logic and you ain't never logic'd till you've KIXEYE logic'd.

• Shawn Daniel Heritz
    Shawn Daniel Heritz
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 2
    What about Citadel? Equipable with Manus Missile.
  • FOD_DEFCON_1
    FOD_DEFCON_1
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 38
    I'd like to see some variety in the game, and I think a Missile-based Garrison ship could go a long way. Rockets were mandatory for the last two FM Hulls (Inferno Dragon and Praetorian), and were an option for the one before that (Icebreakers). We haven't had a single Missile-based Garrison ship, and I think having one would let players enjoy the challenge of playing more skillfully. Rocket Hulls are mostly point and click, whereas with Missiles you generally have to be more careful about what your Retargeting can kill, what you outrange, what you have to Pinch, etc. 

Maybe a Missile-based Garrison ship with Remote Targeting? Heck, maybe any new Missile ship with Remote Targeting?
    The blood of the martyrs will water the meadows of France!
  • X1F3RGH0S7
    X1F3RGH0S7
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2019 Posts: 58
    I'd like to see some variety in the game, and I think a Missile-based Garrison ship could go a long way. Rockets were mandatory for the last two FM Hulls (Inferno Dragon and Praetorian), and were an option for the one before that (Icebreakers). We haven't had a single Missile-based Garrison ship, and I think having one would let players enjoy the challenge of playing more skillfully. Rocket Hulls are mostly point and click, whereas with Missiles you generally have to be more careful about what your Retargeting can kill, what you outrange, what you have to Pinch, etc. 

Maybe a Missile-based Garrison ship with Remote Targeting? Heck, maybe any new Missile ship with Remote Targeting?
    Remote targeting is good only for defense. It has no place in offense. What do you plan on using for remote targeting, gunboats?
  • BuckMeatmissile
    BuckMeatmissile
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2018 Posts: 486
    edited 9 Nov 2019, 4:21PM
    You use fast tanks for remote targeting.  High armor, no weapon specials except those that boost combat speed, high evade, 1 long range weapon to sight, and the rest of the weapon slots filled with counters or old siege cannons to boost speed.  If it is fast enough, it can even be a zombie.  Fearless Blitzers work great for a crew if the target is in range of an 18 second run, if not then the 30% you get from Remote Raiders is handy too.  You can evade a great deal of damage with speedy drive bys while your remote fire ships deal the damage.
    Me: Here is how I clear the fleets out of the 500 with Silverfish
    Worz: Um... You're hiding behind a rock.
    Me: I'd hide behind a preschool if I thought it would help
  • ScattergunScott
    ScattergunScott
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined May 2017 Posts: 1,582
    Angus_B said:
    it's not really what's equipable to garrison hulls that is the question; it's what the damage type that's needed for the targets that garrison hulls can hit 
    Garrison Targets are supposed to be vulnerable to Explosive/Penetrating.

Unfortunately, they are only vulnerable to Explosive right now. That would probably be addressed if they add a Missile Garrison Ship.
  • Corp_Hellrazor
    Corp_Hellrazor
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,637
    Here's my question/request/gripe.

I know this might sound crazy.....but I'm sick of Legion this and Scourge that !    :rage:

WTF happened to the Dracs ?

Or how about a new foe emerges from this foggy mist ?

• coolcat00
    coolcat00
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 96

I know this might sound crazy.....but I'm sick of Legion this and Scourge that !    :rage:

WTF happened to the Dracs ?

Or how about a new foe emerges from this foggy mist ?

Kixeye seems to rotate the faction and keep one ship of each faction out at a time   
    But they also try to connect the lore in the targets

Last ships were Draconian (goon) and Forsaken (Pegasus)
    next skirmish ship is Revear       ---the Revears will make an appearance in the targets
    Leaving the next garrison ship to be Scourage?               -----this speculation is confusing
    and the next siege ships could be Forsaken/Revear?     
    then a draconian ship for Assault? 
  • CptBlackEye-0
    CptBlackEye-0
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 433
    My vote is NO to garrison missile ships.

The FM is an arduous task that has long been an ever increasing drain on player time. Prices of the items in the FM store (not really a prize when you have to work so hard to get them) have reached insane levels. Missile ships usually require too much precision to be effective and reduce repairs, making this chore even more miserable.

Every additional FM burden further erodes every other aspects of the game.