Aegis

Graeme Derbyshire
Graeme Derbyshire
Potential Threat
Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 78
Spending 7 days researching some Aegis shards is annoying ... The hull is useless!
  • Cyanide Sandwich
    Cyanide Sandwich
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,166
    Welcome to battle pirates where new features are added while old ones are left unfinished or forgotten
    Battle Pirates
    In-game name: Cyanide Sandwich              
    Home Sector: 21                                          Ship Design Discussion Group (Open to all): https://www.facebook.com/groups/118022991724717/
    KIXEYE logic is the only logic and you ain't never logic'd till you've KIXEYE logic'd.

• TRUCULENT2
    TRUCULENT2
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 2,789
    And to think... if you had just spent 7 minutes actually researching the Aegis, you would have know it was useless
    I have a hard time believing that we are dealing with a company that is brilliantly scamming us AND entirely incompetent. 

This is a private company in a capitalist market trying to make money - your money. Give it to them, or don't - but don't fault them for trying. 
  • kixeyeuser_1375599580027_13280_1382897133
    kixeyeuser_1375599580027_13280_1382897133
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 235
    Although the aegis is worthless now, R&D is still worth doing to get the map speed boosts that come later.

Kixeye should reduce the times though to reflect the obsolete nature of the aegis and artemis that comes later

I never built either
  • ScattergunScott
    ScattergunScott
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined May 2017 Posts: 1,582
    Aegis probably was something good when introduced. Now obsolete, like most stuff it's age.  But, always do the R&D for the Boosts, as said above. 
  • filmbryan1
    filmbryan1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 5,698
    To put into perspective the aegis was most useful in the time between mastys and rhinos. They died out completely when six started using priority targeting in its raids. I used that hull for a long time, but **** the build time was painful.
    You will only receive my scorn from this point forward
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,354
    Neither of the ships you get from R&D are worth anything in today's meta.

However, they are worth doing so you can progress through R&D and get the other buffs.

Most notably the ship build/refit/repair reductions.

The map speed is also pretty nice.