MEGA MODULE Refitting: All Countermeasures? Only Tier 5 Cannons? Where's Titan TLC Modules?

TomBrooklyn
TomBrooklyn
Unicorn Overlord
Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,722
COUNTERMEASURES
Should the little weapon slots in Mega Modules be all filled with countermeasures?

It seems to me that installing the weapons we have available to us might not be useful, as they don't have the kind of range required to reach an enemy Mega Ship at the typical ranges they engage.

Or are the little weapons useful to cover the area in close where the little enemy ships might attack?

CANNONS
Why can't I install my best cannons on the Culverin Cannon Module (which is my best module so far.)    I have regular hull cannons up to Tier 8.5, but the best one the module Refit will accept is T5.  

OTHER MODULES FROM TLC
How do I access modules earned in the Titan TLC, like the Exocet Missile and Drone Strike which I earned.   Most of them don't appear as available in my inventory.     Do I have to meet some other requirement to access them?    I was able to install the Congreve Rocket. 

• Alexa the BAE
    Alexa the BAE
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 438
    edited 22 Oct 2019, 3:04PM

--Refitting non mega weapons can be useful in different ways. 

EXAMPLE: Adding missiles is a good way to stop drone ships encountered in Titan campaign until you have more suitable modules built.

--Certain weapons simply are not allowed to be used.

--Command Center while viewing your mega opens a list of blueprints.

To build them you need to click an open space or existing module.

Selecting a module will also access your inventory. This holds any previous modules you replaced when building a new one on top of existing. Modules found among inventory contain all specials, non mega weapons that have been refitted, as well as upgrade levels and the original mega weapon are preserved. You can instant change inventory items free (zero time zero resources).

When you refit and upgrade a module it is locked to that build meaning it moves from ship slot to inventory should you build something new (different mega weapon). It is a good idea to plan what you are going to keep before costly and lengthy upgrades are done.

"a computer once beat me at chess but it was no match for me at kick boxing"
  • ScattergunScott
    ScattergunScott
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined May 2017 Posts: 1,582
    COUNTERMEASURES
    Should the little weapon slots in Mega Modules be all filled with countermeasures?

It seems to me that installing the weapons we have available to us might not be useful, as they don't have the kind of range required to reach an enemy Mega Ship at the typical ranges they engage.

Or are the little weapons useful to cover the area in close where the little enemy ships might attack?

CANNONS
    Why can't I install my best cannons on the Culverin Cannon Module (which is my best module so far.)    I have regular hull cannons up to Tier 8.5, but the best one the module Refit will accept is T5.  

OTHER MODULES FROM TLC
    How do I access modules earned in the Titan TLC, like the Exocet Missile and Drone Strike which I earned.   Most of them don't appear as available in my inventory.     Do I have to meet some other requirement to access them?    I was able to install the Congreve Rocket. 

Here's one idea. It gives good performance against the Ships and Subs in the TLCs. Also can help close in, where the Modules cannot hit, to fight Drones some.