Base Planner: Portal Placement: How Rotate?

TomBrooklyn
TomBrooklyn
Unicorn Overlord
Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,767
How rotate the portal a quarter turn so as to place it in the desired orientation?

• Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 3,474
    edited 29 Sep 2019, 7:35AM
    Can't be done in Base Planner, I understand that they're working on that. You'll have to do it manually.. Maybe move a land tile or 2 to create the spot you need, or something (been there, done that, had 2 gaping holes in my perimeter, if someone had hit me then, I'd SO have been toast)

I specialize in wife removal, crushing heads & other forms of violence, like roasting faces, or cutting horses in two with a single swing of my sword
    I fear nothing, your pixels are dust compared to my physical might (8'0", 420lb)
  • TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,767
    I got it to rotate occasionally by trying a lot of things, but it was hit or miss, and mostly miss, and I couldn't tell which control did it.  And usually it would rotate and then rotate back to the wrong position before I realized it turned at all. 

• Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 3,474
    I got it to rotate occasionally by trying a lot of things, but it was hit or miss, and mostly miss, and I couldn't tell which control did it.  And usually it would rotate and then rotate back to the wrong position before I realized it turned at all. 
    Oh, they can be a little twitchy, yes..
    I think there's a rotate command when you click on it? (pretty sure there is) (Not in base planner)
    I specialize in wife removal, crushing heads & other forms of violence, like roasting faces, or cutting horses in two with a single swing of my sword
    I fear nothing, your pixels are dust compared to my physical might (8'0", 420lb)
  • michael.klingele.5
    michael.klingele.5
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 11
    rotate the portaltwice and it should be in the proper position

• Alexa the BAE
    Alexa the BAE
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 726
    How rotate the portal a quarter turn so as to place it in the desired orientation?
    If your base layout does not provide you with a place to drop your portal after rotating it, Move some land tiles in planner to where that can then be done from inside your base. It then is a simple rotate function and will change your portal orientation 90°.

If the turrets on that portal are different from each other and you want to change their positions with respect to the portal, it may be necessary to rotate it one or two more times. This is where things are shakey.

The game likes to hold on to hold onto the current information. As such your portal may look as if nothing was done to it. My experience in this issue was remedied by refreshing the game after each rotation.
    "a computer once beat me at chess but it was no match for me at kick boxing"