your worst idea

AlesSaska
AlesSaska
Greenhorn
Joined Apr 2017 Posts: 11
although I understand your reasons for withdrawing access to the game through web browsers and agree that the game will be more stable, I still have to comment on this.
this solution drastically reduces the "active" players of the game. very many currently active bases are maintained by the players who stayed in the game and not the original founders, and their only option is through web browsers.
I don’t even count on players who have paired bases with their steam accounts in the past, but now they don’t know which.
you go straight to making the game a sad deserted place.

you don't even have to respond to this, the future will answer for itself
  • Shadow Wraith
    Shadow Wraith
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2018 Posts: 90
    edited 25 Jul 2019, 7:38AM
    Hi AlesSaska, thank you for the post and raising your concerns. It was a very hard decision to make to ensure we can still continue to support the other platforms available (iOS, Android and Steam).

However, I have not given up on the web platform completely. As we speak, I have a team who is hard at work trying to see if we can  bring Web back to life while supporting the new Unity version. I cannot confirm on our chance of success on this project right now till we progress further, but the team will keep the player base updated with any progress we make.  
  • FeeCarmichael
    FeeCarmichael
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 28
    I agree to AlesSaska.
    This decision will lose many players.
    I understand that steam was recommended, but there is a lack of announcement that WebPlayer will not work.
    (There were small announcements at the forum, but everyone is watching?)
    And I think WebPlaye is better than steam.
    I hope the KIXEYE team responds quickly.
  • Daniel.A
    Daniel.A
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 116
    here the first one....Well, Kixeye kicked me out of game in all, no more web option and steam did not work in windows XP anymore from yesterday, so it was nice fly with KOTA. But it is The End. Good bye all!!
  • dom.friant
    dom.friant
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,995
    I agree to AlesSaska.
    This decision will lose many players.
    I understand that steam was recommended, but there is a lack of announcement that WebPlayer will not work.
    (There were small announcements at the forum, but everyone is watching?)
    And I think WebPlaye is better than steam.
    I hope the KIXEYE team responds quickly.
    There was an in-game popup announcing this (last week I believe it was). Not sure how much more clear it could have been.

Seems a lot of people don't understands that Kixeye did not discontinue browser support for plugins like the unity web player... Google and Mozilla and Microsoft (etc) did that... so Unity stopped developing it further - EOL. That was probably two years ago. Kixeye kept supporting it as long as they reasonable could, and way past what I ever expected. Maybe they'll even manage to resurrect it per Shadow Wraiths comment above, who knows. 

This was not a "worst idea" on Kixeye's part. While I will miss the web player too, modern browsers have mostly moved away from plugins, so please stop the rage against the game team for something way outside of their control.
    Because I like the Condor!
    http://i.imgur.com/80deZPv.png
  • FeeCarmichael
    FeeCarmichael
    Potential Threat
    hi dom
    I am not angry. I'm just in trouble.
    I just hope that WebPlayer can be used.

And I also know that KIXEYE has announced that steam should be the main platform.
    Certainly it has been announced for several years.
    However, webplayer was still usable after that.
    It is strange why it can not be used at this timing.
    And the announcement for that is lacking.

I'm sorry for poor English.
  • Lee Van Cleef
    Lee Van Cleef
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 304
    edited 26 Jul 2019, 5:06PM
    later of 4 year of play, kixeye finishing could kick me out. Agree it was the worst idea in vega, of a long list of worst ideas... No web access, no Steam support in windows XP anymore.... No chance to play and talk to my clan friends. THX KIXEYE!
  • dom.friant
    dom.friant
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,995
    later of 4 year of play, kixeye finishing could kick me out. Agree it was the worst idea in vega, of a long list of worst ideas... No web access, no Steam support in windows XP anymore.... No chance to play and talk to my clan friends. THX KIXEYE!
    Value maintains the Steam platform, so their dropping support for XP has nothing to do with Kixeye. Is there no way you can possibly upgrade to a newer version of Windows? I would expect a machine running Windows XP could probably handle Windows 7, and would serve you much better at this point in that it would be much more supported than XP.
    Because I like the Condor!
    http://i.imgur.com/80deZPv.png
  • AlesSaska
    AlesSaska
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2017 Posts: 11
    I am not angry either. I just wanted to say what a lot of players think. I would assume that the operator of the game first prepares the possibility of free registration of old bases to a new steam account, announces a month in advance to give everyone enough time to change and then just end support. It is a great pity to lose any number of potential customers.
  • FeeCarmichael
    FeeCarmichael
    Potential Threat
    I don't like vega doing on steam.
    It's like working in full screen, even when working in windowed mode.
    Object size does not change in proportion to window size
    It's very uncomfortable if you do vegaconflict while doing other work.
    And the lower limit of the window size is too large.
    Occupies 2/5 of my desktop.
    I can not even watch a chat while doing something.

I hope the KIXEYE team will bring back the webplayer.