Windows XP Must Live

Max Speed
Max Speed
Greenhorn
Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 4
edited 17 Jul 2019, 10:17PM
I created this forum for players who still use windows xp. Just interesting how much players in VEGA still use windows xp for play. Players who check my topic please post ( B) Xp - On B) )

• Mateoski
    Mateoski
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 195
    KIXEYE is closing down support for browser based gameplay on the 24th of this month. Steam also no longer supports Windows XP, so if you still use Windows XP, it's best to upgrade to at least Windows 7 at this point. 
  • Max Speed
    Max Speed
    Greenhorn
    edited 17 Jul 2019, 10:13PM
    B) Xp - On B)
  • Max Speed
    Max Speed
    Greenhorn
    edited 17 Jul 2019, 10:12PM
    Bad news for players who use windows xp.
  • Sexy Foxy
    Sexy Foxy
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 494

......XP.....never die....!

Ex ... Mascotte Nova - Blog Vega in Italiano QUI
  • DoooM4U
    DoooM4U
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 144

Necro thread must be closed...

• Sexy Foxy
    Sexy Foxy
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 494
    DoooM4U said:

edited Today, 12:17AM

Ok i know Windows XP is OLD but this post is born Yesterday !
    Give it almost 3 Day ....... like REI ....!

Ex ... Mascotte Nova - Blog Vega in Italiano QUI
  • Mateoski
    Mateoski
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 195
    DoooM4U said:

Besides, I liked Windows 2000 and Vista better anyways.
  • LeonardoW9
    LeonardoW9
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2019 Posts: 29
    Vista! Vista! I think windows 8 was more popular than that!
  • VVulty
    VVulty
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 97

xp on )
    Despite of Steam drops support for XP more than half year ago, existing installations with disabled Steam-client update are still able to update and run VEGA conflict. So... it's not over. Yet :)

• Daniel.A
    Daniel.A
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 116
    We do not ahve options anymore with VEGA, no more web option and steam did not work in windows XP anymore from yesterday,So it is The End. Good bye all!!
  • Knightin 73
    Knightin 73
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 2
    find mobile emu's that can play in place on xp. not sure but things like bluestack Android emu worked for
  • dom.friant
    dom.friant
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,995
    Daniel.A said:
    We do not ahve options anymore with VEGA, no more web option and steam did not work in windows XP anymore from yesterday,So it is The End. Good bye all!!

I think the bigger issue is you're still using XP at this point. It had a good long run but it really is time to move on.

DoooM4U said:

And Necro OS must be shutdown...
    Because I like the Condor!
    http://i.imgur.com/80deZPv.png
  • shady8783
    shady8783
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 28

@dom.friant said:
    Daniel.A said:

We do not ahve options anymore with VEGA, no more web option and steam
    did not work in windows XP anymore from yesterday,So it is The End. Good bye all!!

I think the bigger issue is you're still using XP at this point. It had a good long run but it really is time to move on.
    DoooM4U said:

I think the bigger issue is your a **** as it may not affect you so leave these good people to there comments because i think it really is time for you to move on

• Max Speed
    Max Speed
    Greenhorn
    edited 27 Jul 2019, 4:12PM
    Hm. Why my unity player don't work ... I cant start game ... Hey stop block me i loose 6 years of my life for play this game and now i must be blocked? STOP block my account i use win 10 i just create this blog for all remember from what all starts.
  • dom.friant
    dom.friant
    shady8783 said:

@dom.friant said:
    Daniel.A said:

did not work in windows XP anymore from yesterday,So it is The End. Good bye all!!

DoooM4U said:

I think the bigger issue is your a **** as it may not affect you so leave these good people to there comments because i think it really is time for you to move on

Do you even realize how incredibly old Windows XP is at this point?? It's has been EOL for years now. It's a security risk to even be using it on a machine connected to the internet. If there is one thing that is constant in technology it is change. I'm sorry if you don't like that and I'm not trying to be a *** about it as you say, but it really is time to stop using Windows XP. Same as Kixeye can no longer support the old unity plugin, it's time to move on. If someone refuses to see that but then still complains about how everyone else is causing them trouble by no longer supporting an ancient OS what do you suggest a good response is?
  • shady8783
    shady8783
    Potential Threat

Because you must not understand this is a world wide game and some countrys are not advanced as others.. i know i have same feeling about old os and i even laugh at xp. But i know of players that cant run higher os or has a computer that can support higher os.. As you said its had a long run and not affecting anyone else so why change it obvioulsy it's affecting more than one person. And I only called you a **** because your answer was very rude

• Lee Van Cleef
    Lee Van Cleef
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 304
    edited 26 Jul 2019, 2:58PM
    shady8783 said:

@dom.friant said:
    Daniel.A said:

DoooM4U said:

Do you even realize how incredibly old Windows XP is at this point?? It's has been EOL for years now. It's a security risk to even be using it on a machine connected to the internet. If there is one thing that is constant in technology it is change. I'm sorry if you don't like that and I'm not trying to be a *** about it as you say, but it really is time to stop using Windows XP. Same as Kixeye can no longer support the old unity plugin, it's time to move on. If someone refuses to see that but then still complains about how everyone else is causing them trouble by no longer supporting an ancient OS what do you suggest a good response is?

Good, Can i send to my bank account to get money for upgrade my system? So i can upgrade my PC, and later buy a windows 10 to play vega by fun all days? i guess you do not think about others countries in the world where to get 100 dollars you must work 1-1/2 weeks in a good job. You are so luck. Vega was the only game that i played by years, now i can not play it anymore. Still try to link it in an high end system with W10 of a friend and could not.
  • dom.friant
    dom.friant
    edited 26 Jul 2019, 7:52PM
    shady8783 said:

Because you must not understand this is a world wide game and some countrys are not advanced as others.. i know i have same feeling about old os and i even laugh at xp. But i know of players that cant run higher os or has a computer that can support higher os.. As you said its had a long run and not affecting anyone else so why change it obvioulsy it's affecting more than one person. And I only called you a **** because your answer was very rude

I did not intent to come across as rude and for that I apologize. My intent was just to state the honest truth that XP is way past support and more and more things are dropping support for it. That's the cold hard truth about it. The comment about a Necro OS was a joke, guess it didn't come accross that way. Yes I understand it's a world-wide game, but one cannot rage against Kixeye for things that are beyond their control. Steam dropped suport for XP, not Kixeye. But either way, you cannot expect these companies (Kixeye and Value) to support such an ancient OS or a plug-in the was EOL years ago regardless of where in the world you live. Kixeye supported the unity plugin for as long as they could, and are even trying to figure out a way to possibly bring web support back somehow. I have no problem when people call out Kixeye for something they screwed up, but this isn't one of those times.

shady8783 said:

@dom.friant said:
    Daniel.A said:

DoooM4U said:

Good, Can i send to my bank account to get money for upgrade my system? So i can upgrade my PC, and later buy a windows 10 to play vega by fun all days? i guess you do not think about others countries in the world where to get 100 dollars you must work 1-1/2 weeks in a good job. You are so luck. Vega was the only game that i played by years, now i can not play it anymore. Still try to link it in an high end system with W10 of a friend and could not.

I totally get lack of funds; I'm not made of money by any means. I wish Kixeye would release a Linux client (they could as unity has a native linux engine) because then I'd suggest putting linux on your PC since that would be free. However, I would venture to say that a PC that could run XP reasonably well and was purchased later it its life could probably also run Windows 7 decently. There is a "windows 7 upgrade advisor" tool you could download and run on it to find out. I would highly suggest you look into upgrading to 7 if at all possible, not just to run Vega Conflict but to have a more secure and supported OS. Having an internet-connect XP machine is rather risky at this point as it is no longer being patched and hasn't been for years (aside from a couple of one time updates for some really nasty flaws). That's a long time in the world of cyber security. 
  • shady8783
    shady8783
    Potential Threat

@dom.friant said:
    shady8783 said:

I did not intent to come across as rude and for that I apologize. My intent was just to state the honest truth that XP is way past support and more and more things are dropping support for it. That's the cold hard truth about it. The comment about a Necro OS was a joke, guess it didn't come accross that way. Yes I understand it's a world-wide game, but one cannot rage against Kixeye for things that are beyond their control. Steam dropped suport for XP, not Kixeye. But either way, you cannot expect these companies (Kixeye and Value) to support such an ancient OS or a plug-in the was EOL years ago regardless of where in the world you live. Kixeye supported the unity plugin for as long as they could, and are even trying to figure out a way to possibly bring web support back somehow. I have no problem when people call out Kixeye for something they screwed up, but this isn't one of those times.
    Lee Van Cleef said:

dom.friant said:

shady8783 said:

@dom.friant said:

Daniel.A said:

DoooM4U said:

I totally get lack of funds; I'm not made of money by any means. I wish Kixeye would release a Linux client (they could as unity has a native linux engine) because then I'd suggest putting linux on your PC since that would be free. However, I would venture to say that a PC that could run XP reasonably well and was purchased later it its life could probably also run Windows 7 decently. There is a "windows 7 upgrade advisor" tool you could download and run on it to find out. I would highly suggest you look into upgrading to 7 if at all possible, not just to run Vega Conflict but to have a more secure and supported OS. Having an internet-connect XP machine is rather risky at this point as it is no longer being patched and hasn't been for years (aside from a couple of one time updates for some really nasty flaws). That's a long time in the world of cyber security. 

See that was a much better respectful answer sorry if i said anything out of context just daniel is a long time in game friend

• dom.friant
    dom.friant
    shady8783 said:

See that was a much better respectful answer sorry if i said anything out of context just daniel is a long time in game friend

No, you're good, it was my bad. Not the first time I didn't realize how what I typed could be read and interpreted in ways I didn't intend.