• CyberToad
    CyberToad
    WC Mod
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 5,975
    edited 12 Jun 2019, 1:00AM
    XjjjjjjjX said:
    CyberToad said:
    XjjjjjjjX said:
    You really are messing this game up, no wonder no one is playing it more.
    Interesting thought, but last time I checked, more people were PvPing for the infamy then last month.  Maybe you are missing something?
    People are hitting dead low bases to get 80 odd infamy and it does not seem to drop below this level no matter how many bases or what level you hit.  Pandering to the farmers does not make it PVP.
    That is one option, a very long and drawn out option that takes tons of time.  Some players can do 100 of these bases a day if they really try, most with little or no damage.   But there is no rule against it and thus it is one option for players who normally would not pvp.   This method is very slow and tedious and you can only attack bases ever 36 hours, so growth can be huge in 30 days of play but take up much time.  Its a safe way to make infamy and I see many player even 45+ players doing this instead of fighting other players who have pretty good or great base defenses. 

The best part of War Commander is there is not just one way to play.   

I think once the player, you call farmers have enough infamy, you should attack them and gain a greater rate of infamy every time they pop.

Kixeye Forum/Chat Moderator

Request Support                           Help Desk                            Cybertoad Chat (discord)
    Report a Suspected Cheater                           Kixeye Forum Rules                            Report Harassment
  • NiceDiane
    NiceDiane
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 73
    If kixeye dont change this, when people attack toons and dont pop then many people dont play this game, me also, dont play more also dont coin more, because people has more accounts and use it to good people who plays the game fair. all my toons they destroy, how the hell i can play event, if u dont change it to back, then i end this game, hope more people do, then kixeye knows what they have done to the good players. I will find an other game. Bye kixeye it was a great game for me, i coined allot, but with this isseu it ends my game! bye 4 all
  • Lil__Lightnin
    Lil__Lightnin
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 62
    edited 12 Jun 2019, 2:42AM
     whats new ?  they take away the fun  and the result is more time in repairs yay  !   less time playin  ,  thanks Guys for constantly ruining a game...... not everyone is on discord all the time  so things get missed,  much better to post things like that in forum as more players are able to access them  whoever came up with the idea about the new pvp toon rules needs to have a good look at the game and what they have done , sorry but its stupid for a player to be able to snipe toons and not get hit for it,  ie no bubble pop.  then the toon auto deploys , your taking away the use of buggies and increasing the time to get to those attacking toons,  as big toons are needed to snipe big toons and that costs repair time  , not everyone can afford to pay to repair their toons,  its really widening that gap between those that have and those that dont.  I work but I'm not spending money on this game anymore as its just not worth it, its not fun  ,  its work itself.  
  • CyberToad
    CyberToad
    WC Mod
    edited 12 Jun 2019, 5:34PM
    XjjjjjjjX said:
    CyberToad said:
    I would be one of the Idiots that asked Kixeye to allow players to attack platoons and not lose a bubble.  What of it?

If you are not going to join the discussion with the Kixeye team in discord, dont come here and complain after the changes are made.
    I joined discord at your invite.  It is a revolting place full of keyboard warriors talking absolute rubbish and promoting their own high level needs.  So I left.

This is the craziest idea yet to come out of discord and just proves discord is served by people furthering their own wishes rather than creating a fair and even game for all levels of players. 

@[email protected]          Why did you need to create discord when you had this forum????

If you hit an enemy base or platoon your base should be open for return fire.

Would you like to explain the thinking behind this change?

For years players have asked for a way to talk directly and live, to the game team.  We used Skype for a while, but Skype had its limits.   A decision was made to open a real-time dialog between the game studio and the players using discord.   Limits were added to ensure many of the issues that plague other chats were eliminated/reduced and a bot was added to keep the chat relatively clean.

Many people who hang out in Discord do chat among themselves and yes the topics can vary from day today.  The current champion from Kixeye who loves to spend his time chatting about the game and generally having fun is Kix_Storm_Chaser.  He provides insights to the game, addresses issues players are having and gives us hint and tips when he can.   The new CM  Kix_Lyle has embraced this form of communication as well and can be seen answering questions and engaging the players. 

Like the forums, you have to take the best parts of what is being offered and ignore all the detritus that floats around.  Sure there will be negative Nellys on Discord, and people who want to distract you from talking about the game, and a few who are downright toxic.  The ability for a player to chat directly with a member of the Game Team is what makes discord a good alternative to the forums. When a player has an issue that needs immediate attention, they are more likely to find help in discord than in forums.   

This does not mean that the forums are not important.  They are a repository of information that can be used, shared and referenced when needed. But as a means of communications, they are very limited.  The time it takes to read each discussion and reply is huge.  That is what moderators are here to do.  To help sort through the forums and assist the Community Manager with all the reading.   We do a pretty good job, but like everything else, we do miss somethings.  But for players who need immediate help, there is a better chance of finding someone live on discord and not have the forums post bombarded by trolls or buried so deep in the forums that no one ever reads it. 

Discord is an option.  Not Mandatory.   Yes, I promote it for its ease of use and the ability for anyone to chat with the Game Team.   The forums will remain the forums.  A place for people to post their discussions about the game and discord will be a place where players and the Game Team can chat live about the game.   The benefits for both are huge if used correctly. 

Request Support                           Help Desk                            Cybertoad Chat (discord)
    Report a Suspected Cheater                           Kixeye Forum Rules                            Report Harassment
  • SKULL_CRUSHER_SS
    SKULL_CRUSHER_SS
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 11
    CyberToad said:
    XjjjjjjjX said:
    Interesting thought, but last time I checked, more people were PvPing for the infamy then last month.  Maybe you are missing something?
    Give us some of that chit you been smoking!! PVP is sensless currently. All you have is farmers hitting dead lower level bases endlessly and you think thats great for the game? LMFAO!! keepp talking more chit!!
  • jocky102
    jocky102
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 16
    CyberToad said:
    I would be one of the Idiots that asked Kixeye to allow players to attack platoons and not lose a bubble.  What of it?

If you are not going to join the discussion with the Kixeye team in discord, dont come here and complain after the changes are made.
    cheeky gob ****. Helpful moderator my sphincter 

• K i l o
    K i l o
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 173
    CyberToad said:
    XjjjjjjjX said:

Just a note I have been playing this game back when there was no world map or sectors so I have seen it all.  There was a time when you could log on and see a 120K players online today I see 23K which is most likely the reason Kixeye was acquired by another company. The game has been going down hill for a long time 90% of the friends I started playing this game with have left.  The game has turned into a event game rather then a war game.  Kix has even made PVP into an event in trying to get more people attacking, repairing and buying gold.   I have not been in a group or team in over 2 years the days of real war has been gone for a long time. Sure people still attack but most of the time it's for points (event) instead of real war between groups. I'm sure Kix likes the new rule of hitting toons without losing your bubble because it means more repair time and gold for those that coin.  Of all the years I have played the best was right after the world map and sectors (400 then) were introduced. No live battles just hellfires and megs needed to do war, that was the when this game was the best.
    LV 47
  • XjjjjjjjX
    XjjjjjjjX
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 288
    CyberToad said:
    XjjjjjjjX said:
    CyberToad said:
    XjjjjjjjX said:
    People are hitting dead low bases to get 80 odd infamy and it does not seem to drop below this level no matter how many bases or what level you hit.  Pandering to the farmers does not make it PVP.
    That is one option, a very long and drawn out option that takes tons of time.  Some players can do 100 of these bases a day if they really try, most with little or no damage.   But there is no rule against it and thus it is one option for players who normally would not pvp.   This method is very slow and tedious and you can only attack bases ever 36 hours, so growth can be huge in 30 days of play but take up much time.  Its a safe way to make infamy and I see many player even 45+ players doing this instead of fighting other players who have pretty good or great base defenses. 

The best part of War Commander is there is not just one way to play.   

I think once the player, you call farmers have enough infamy, you should attack them and gain a greater rate of infamy every time they pop.
    Sorry, but to hit low level bases for 80 infamy is way quicker than hitting an equal level base for say 150 infamy as it takes longer to kill this one equal level base.   Also why would I hit an equal level base and get hours of repairs when I get minimal repairs on low levels and so can hit them for hours on end.

It is just plain wrong you are reward this level of infamy for hitting dead bases and bases that are way lower than your level.  The change to pvp is poorly thought through.
    Where has everyone gone?  Kixeye think about what you're doing.
  • CyberToad
    CyberToad
    WC Mod
    LOL, commenting on only certain posts and ignoring others.

This is not about me, its about the game.  Thread has been hijacked enough and derailed into the dirt. 

Closing thread. 

This discussion has been closed.