Am I reading "BP Next Week! {5/27} correctly?

ScattergunScott
ScattergunScott
Force to be Reckoned With
Joined May 2017 Posts: 1,748
edited 25 May 2019, 2:03PM
BP NEXT WEEK!: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/760841

Bounty Notes: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/760696

The Shipwrecks start next Wednesday? According to the Bounty Notes, no one will have the new Hull Blueprints until Thursday afternoon. Aren't the Interceptors specifically for the Event starting Wednesday? 
  • BuckMeatmissile
    BuckMeatmissile
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2018 Posts: 561
    Yeah, there are going to be about 15 people spread all over the different worlds that have these ready.  Exciting!!!!

Me: Here is how I clear the fleets out of the 500 with Silverfish
    Worz: Um... You're hiding behind a rock.
    Me: I'd hide behind a preschool if I thought it would help
  • ScattergunScott
    ScattergunScott
    Yeah, there are going to be about 15 people spread all over the different worlds that have these ready.  Exciting!!!!

• Cheesy_Shark_Tongue
    Cheesy_Shark_Tongue
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,914
    Is there any indication that ONLY interceptors can use shipwrecks?  I suspect any PvP hull can engage, but interceptors are probably "better" at them
    Quit Spring 2015 or so, returned Jan 2019.  
    QUOTE by John Stribling. - Who needs Jerry Springer, when u have forums. LMAO
  • ScattergunScott
    ScattergunScott
    Is there any indication that ONLY interceptors can use shipwrecks?  I suspect any PvP hull can engage, but interceptors are probably "better" at them
    Just the whole big deal they made of it for months, then they rush the first one out before anyone has the new ships......
  • BlackAdder314
    BlackAdder314
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 78
    I got the impression it was Interceptor only, but what's posted in forums usually has no relation to reality.

They said that interceptor-class fleets are limited to 3-ships, so how the frak could there be a fair match-up between a 3-ship interceptor fleet and a 5-ship Conq fleet? 

And Interceptors are limited to 1 weapon -- so, again, don't see any way you can mix'n'match the those types. 

Looks like situation normal. 
  • Goldendoodle
    Goldendoodle
    WC Game Team
    Joined Aug 2017 Posts: 98

Shipwrecks are not Interceptor only. Conquerors can participate in Shipwrecks just fine (although Interceptors will fair better, obviously).

The Interceptors themselves will be available to acquire in Shipwrecks - it's just that those who win the Blueprints in Bounty will have a head start.
  • BlackAdder314
    BlackAdder314
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 78
    Shipwrecks are not Interceptor only. Conquerors can participate in Shipwrecks just fine (although Interceptors will fair better, obviously).

The Interceptors themselves will be available to acquire in Shipwrecks - it's just that those who win the Blueprints in Bounty will have a head start.
    ...wait... what?

How the frak can you mix Interceptor class hulls with Conq hulls? How is that going to work?

Interceptors can only have 3 ships per fleet, right? Can you build a mixed fleet of Interceptors and Conqs? If you can how many ships are you allowed? 3? 5? 4.5?

I thought I read that Interceptors will only have 1 weapon and 1 special, that they're being kept "simple" to make them more "fun" -- and if "interceptors will fair[sic] better", how? How can a ship with 1 gun (3 per fleet) defeat a fleet of 5 ships that might have 50 guns AND can have CM?

that suggest either the Interceptors have super defense so they can't be hurt by anything the Conqs might have or they're going to have super-duper weapons that will sink a Conq hull in a couple of shots. Neither approach sounds like you've done anything to balance gameplay. 

For a 3-ship fleet that only has 3 guns to fare better against a 5-ship fleet with lots of guns and CM -- sounds like you had to make some really bizarre adjustments for that to be true. 

doesn't seem obvious at all. 

Seems like you're setting up the players that have interceptors to have an overwhelming advantage over players trying to use Conq fleets, otherwise why bother with the new hulls?

• Goldendoodle
    Goldendoodle
    WC Game Team
    Joined Aug 2017 Posts: 98

...wait... what?

How the frak can you mix Interceptor class hulls with Conq hulls? How is that going to work?

Interceptors can only have 3 ships per fleet, right? Can you build a mixed fleet of Interceptors and Conqs? If you can how many ships are you allowed? 3? 5? 4.5?

I thought I read that Interceptors will only have 1 weapon and 1 special, that they're being kept "simple" to make them more "fun" -- and if "interceptors will fair[sic] better", how? How can a ship with 1 gun (3 per fleet) defeat a fleet of 5 ships that might have 50 guns AND can have CM?

that suggest either the Interceptors have super defense so they can't be hurt by anything the Conqs might have or they're going to have super-duper weapons that will sink a Conq hull in a couple of shots. Neither approach sounds like you've done anything to balance gameplay. 

For a 3-ship fleet that only has 3 guns to fare better against a 5-ship fleet with lots of guns and CM -- sounds like you had to make some really bizarre adjustments for that to be true. 

doesn't seem obvious at all. 

Seems like you're setting up the players that have interceptors to have an overwhelming advantage over players trying to use Conq fleets, otherwise why bother with the new hulls?

Hey,

You can't mix fleets. You can have a Conqueror fleet or an Interceptor fleet.

And that's correct, Interceptors only have 1 weapon slot and 1 special slot.

Interceptors will outperform Conquerors in fleet versus fleet combat. It's what they're specifically tailored for, and they excel at it. They're a ton of fun to play with and, thanks to the very low build times, will be extremely accessible. The cost to build an interceptor fleet will be a small fraction of the cost to build a Conqueror fleet. 
  • James Leon
    James Leon
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,774
    edited 27 May 2019, 8:21PM
    This could be  a fun way to spend time   and do some pvp while doing the fm
    ahava veshalom
  • RBMKII
    RBMKII
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 25
    Hey,

You can't mix fleets. You can have a Conqueror fleet or an Interceptor fleet.

And that's correct, Interceptors only have 1 weapon slot and 1 special slot.

Interceptors will outperform Conquerors in fleet versus fleet combat. It's what they're specifically tailored for, and they excel at it. They're a ton of fun to play with and, thanks to the very low build times, will be extremely accessible. The cost to build an interceptor fleet will be a small fraction of the cost to build a Conqueror fleet.  

Excellent job in clear messaging team! Outstanding work as usual. Why oh why is it sooooooo hard to actually give us usable information that excites players in new features? Surely it's not difficult for a LD to provide all the pertinent information in one post rather than his manager having to answer questions in not even the original post... so much for transparency & player engagement.