9.22: Research Building Refresh Discussion

Cyanide Sandwich
Cyanide Sandwich
Incursion Leader
Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,166
Didn't see one pinned so I thought I'd make a thread.

Do the refit bonuses with each building upgrade stack or is it progressive? I.e. if I upgrade the advanced lab to lvl 16, do I get a 60% flat time reduction for refitting hull specials, or would it go from 10% to 20% to 30% at lvl 16?
Battle Pirates
In-game name: Cyanide Sandwich              
Home Sector: 21                                          Ship Design Discussion Group (Open to all): https://www.facebook.com/groups/118022991724717/
KIXEYE logic is the only logic and you ain't never logic'd till you've KIXEYE logic'd.

• DerpyTheCow
    DerpyTheCow
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 2,611
    Do the refit bonuses with each building upgrade stack or is it progressive? I.e. if I upgrade the advanced lab to lvl 16, do I get a 60% flat time reduction for refitting hull specials, or would it go from 10% to 20% to 30% at lvl 16?
    I would imagine its the second option, adds 10% total each time (not stack able)
    When I am not helping people on forums, and I'm not banned, I run a YouTube channel.  I focus on actually helping players in the game. I respond to every comment on there, so it is the best way to find me. If you want more info click the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/c/DerpyTheCow47?sub_confirmation=1
  • BuckMeatmissile
    BuckMeatmissile
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2018 Posts: 561
    For once a change that is nothing but beneficial.  Besides not being able to use base part on the higher upgrades, I don't see a down side here other than waiting/coining, but that is part of everything here.

Thanks Kix!

Me: Here is how I clear the fleets out of the 500 with Silverfish
    Worz: Um... You're hiding behind a rock.
    Me: I'd hide behind a preschool if I thought it would help
  • Sputnik001
    Sputnik001
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 1,726
    I'd just like to know if the build times for the actual hulls are going increase because of these reductions??

Fix is always good for the smoke and mirrors, give with one hand and remove a lot more with the other - ID upgrade anyone????
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 6,696
    I'm curious as to what kixeye means by refit. Do they mean refit as in refit or refit as in build.
    Example we build ships but we can refit different tech on afterwards; so do the time reductions apply to an initial { full } build of a ship or only to items we refit onto it after the initial hull is built? 
  • Silver Stefaans
    Silver Stefaans
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2018 Posts: 440
    It means very little if they plan to increase the build times bit by bit. The R&D was supposed to address built and repair times, ended up in increased times later on.

This seems to be a bit like ship wreck/interceptors are in relation to bounty. Or the new battle report, looks fine but tell you little.

We need a solemn oath by WT and Kix that said improvements will never exceed what the longest ones now is, minus 30%.
  • BattlePirate_BlackShark
    BattlePirate_BlackShark
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 2,263
    edited 25 May 2019, 2:47PM
    Keep in mind, that THIS is probably the excuse, that the next refits + hull upgrades will be more expensive = + 30% refit/hull upgrade time!
    KIX would never put away a possible revenue. This is also "optional" like the mandatory hull upgrades from our Inferno Dragons.
    If we doesnt upgrade our labs, we will suck with doing the future refits and hull upgrades, thats for sure.

KIX is working with the  Problem - Reaction - Solution   method.

If we get a "Solution" today, you can bet an arm and a leg, that there will come a "Problem" soon...
    BlackShark        Born in Sector 429

Decoding Pirateslangword "F.A.R.M." = Foolish Amateur Reaches Midgame
  • BuckMeatmissile
    BuckMeatmissile
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2018 Posts: 561
    It means very little if they plan to increase the build times bit by bit. The R&D was supposed to address built and repair times, ended up in increased times later on.

This seems to be a bit like ship wreck/interceptors are in relation to bounty. Or the new battle report, looks fine but tell you little.

We need a solemn oath by WT and Kix that said improvements will never exceed what the longest ones now is, minus 30%.
    The new Battle Report is the best feature added to the game since Ship Designer.  If you know how to use it you can drastically cut your repair times.

Me: Here is how I clear the fleets out of the 500 with Silverfish
    Worz: Um... You're hiding behind a rock.
    Me: I'd hide behind a preschool if I thought it would help
  • Nabil Hassan
    Nabil Hassan
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,394
    What's the catch Kixeye?

You've sold (typical) us the solution, with the mentality of bandaid over bandaid of yours, now what do you ask of us? Are you going to reduce tokens now?

And may I just say that the problem is you're hemorrhaging our builds and expect to treat them by dusting the piles with symptomatic reliefs that you sold to us rather than solving the constipation problem itself. (bandaid over bandaid mentality).
    Negation
  • Adom_M
    Adom_M
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 552

The new Battle Report is the best feature added to the game since Ship Designer.  If you know how to use it you can drastically cut your repair times.

Whilst I agree that the battle report is an asset, it is as usual with kix releases, flawed.
    The ship designer, again whilst being better than before, is by no means, anywhere close to the old huggy designer.

It makes you wonder, how a group of supposed expert game designers and coders, find it impossible to actually replicate something, that was designed by an outsider, with no access to the kix code.

The new shipwreck feature and all of its associated aspects, is just a re-hash of the mega ship initiative. I will give it a go, but suspect it will just turn into a dead horse like the mega's. 
    Never lose sight that this is a game, its not life and death!!!
  • RainbowPride
    RainbowPride
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 639
    along with the building upgrades there was mention of tier 6 and lower ships being added for research, if they want to make these ships worth while for lower level players they need to re-adjust the build times and repair times for lower tier ships. also the times for components need to be adjusted for lower tier tech. but most importantly the resource costs for some of these need to be lower, its a shame when a tier 7-8 conquerer ship can build faster blank than a tier 3-5 pve ship.
  • Silver Stefaans
    Silver Stefaans
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2018 Posts: 440

You are right of course. The problem is with me who refuses to accept this ship specific targets and builds being forced on us :) So granted if you do not punish yourself like I do, it is indeed useful. And of course for those who can constantly refit and adjust, it is great.

I retract my observation and make it applicable only on myself ;)
  • davec415
    davec415
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,648
    still need a refit yard. no time too refit unless u give us token to do so. if u cutting tokens then give us a refit yard
    Playing Since July 10 2011