Mortar Turret and Explosive Platforms retro

Mr_Brown_Aye
Mr_Brown_Aye
Minor Nuisance
Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 205
Mortar Turret retro'd to level 3 yielding +8.1% fire rate.  Explosive Platforms retro'd to level 7 yielding +15.7% reload rate.  If I understand these terms correctly, Apocalypse Mortar equipped with Eruption Pyre should shoot its four projectiles 8.1% faster (fire rate), and it should be ready to fire again 15.7% faster (reload rate), correct?

I'm also seeing that any further retro of the Mortar Turret to increase the fire rate is something of a waste of time/uranium until Explosive Platforms retro is maxed out.   
  • Mr_Brown_Aye
    Mr_Brown_Aye
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 205
    Now that the Explosive Platform and Eruption Pyre projectile speed fix has breathed new life into the Apocalypse Mortar, I am unabashedly necro-ing this thread.  Retro of the Mortar Turret results in an increase in fire rate, which seems to be a nebulous statistic.  What exactly is meant by "fire rate"?  Is it the length of time between first and last projectile of the same salvo?  Is it the length of time between the last projectile of one salvo and the first projectile of the next salvo (aka, reload rate)?  I don't want to invest any more time/resources in retro-ing this statistic until someone gives an authoritative answer.  

If your response starts with "I think it means...", thanks for trying but please stop. I'm not trying to be rude, just honest.
  • zeusIII
    zeusIII
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 491
    Am looking for a turrtet spl for mortar turrets that target IE leading the target as attacking ships usually are moving and most morts land harmlessly behind attacking ships