Upgrades

WC Farmer
WC Farmer
Potential Threat
Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 29
Why is it that upgrades take so long? This has been a topic in the game since day 1. We've had buildings, plats, etc with instant upgrades, some that take hours while most take days even as much as 10 days to complete. Even with coining, upgrades can be expensive as hell. Changing a turret platform for example should be instant or at the most a few hours. Trying to keep up with the seemingly constant inflow of new stuff combined with the lengthy upgrade time is crazy. The frustration this causes is in part the reason some players leave the game.... it creates an atmosphere where some feel it is impossible to even try to keep up. 

As a suggestion, shorten upgrade times on everything, leave the "cost" (oil/metal/thor) as it is for each upgrade level. If the current upgrade time on a building is say, 3 days, make it 1 day. If it's 10 days, make it 3 days. When comparing the change or upgrade of a turret platform to a building for example, the platform should be hours instead of days if not instant. Add in thor to the "cost" of changing to the new platforms if necessary. Players bust tail to get the 80 parts for an omega unit then have to wait days to max it -for example Herald is 38d to get to level 20 and another 90d to max once Omega (from lvl 22 to lvl 30 is 10 days ea). 

Most understand the business side of the game and making money is the key but the frustration caused by having to wait and wait is part of what pushes players away. 
  • Pedromiguel Machadinho
    Pedromiguel Machadinho
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 226
    Makes no sense Thor Just to buid missiles, or new Units i do rember kixeye old times let players lvl up uniques with thor end turrents this days all is about  time or Gold there is no time anyway cose its impossible to keep it lvl up all of this you got chose lvl up new toons or lvl up elite,or omegas end if same one has them all its impossble cose by the time you get lvl 10 (new toon) its coming event for anouther one!!!  So is ruch end no times to lvl up tht elite or Omega you realy work for end coin to so makes no sense att all !!!!
  • kixeyeuser_150897889_9106_2342921
    kixeyeuser_150897889_9106_2342921
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 755
    The alternative to it taking time to upgrade is to just instantly get things at maxed level, I guess.  IMO, Games have to have some restrictions and some obstacles, otherwise you are just looking at pretty pictures.  Part of the skill of the game is allocating resources, including thorium and whatnot.  Also, time is a commodity just like everything else in the game, and you have to allocate it better to excel.  

There are probably games where you just log on, select whatever your weapons are going to be and then bash away at each other.  sounds like that would be your preference?
  • Pedromiguel Machadinho
    Pedromiguel Machadinho
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 226
    The alternative to it taking time to upgrade is to just instantly get things at maxed level, I guess.  IMO, Games have to have some restrictions and some obstacles, otherwise you are just looking at pretty pictures.  Part of the skill of the game is allocating resources, including thorium and whatnot.  Also, time is a commodity just like everything else in the game, and you have to allocate it better to excel.  

There are probably games where you just log on, select whatever your weapons are going to be and then bash away at each other.  sounds like that would be your preference?
    Lols you tellling me (lvl47) time guess you dont knw me cose time is allot i have spend on this Upgreat non stop game every week new Upgreats... Do you realy have time for Play war or you saying me im rong by farming allot this days ?
    Do you heavy coin like 1000 bucks ich week  yes cose if not you cant realy lvl up elites,Omegas , new toons , end Relay new upgreats its impossible simple has tht all im saying !