what is the point having sheperd

Andr-Killers
Andr-Killers
Potential Threat
Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 46
what is the point of using him? whenhe attacks the defenders turn friendly and get attacked by the enemy, now this ain't so bad BUT while they get attacked shepperd also is getting damaged.
easiest way to kill shepperd? attack a base with it. it will kill itself
  • Filthy Phil
    Filthy Phil
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 143
    Just tested the Shepherd on a Verkraft V Base (non-cave). What I usually do is take the bunkers out with Nyx, end attack, then kill the remaining AA with Herald. I thought I would try a different tactic by taking the Shepherd out first and moving it along the base without attacking anything, while controlling the Herald taking the AA units out. I thought with 100 mill health the Shepherd would soak the damage up well without turncoat damage but it took more damage than if I sent the Herald in alone? Has anyone else tested the Shepherd as a meat shield and got similar results?
  • Ahmad Adnan74
    Ahmad Adnan74
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 2
    can u help me with 99% load ?
  • Andr-Killers
    Andr-Killers
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 46
    Just tested the Shepherd on a Verkraft V Base (non-cave). What I usually do is take the bunkers out with Nyx, end attack, then kill the remaining AA with Herald. I thought I would try a different tactic by taking the Shepherd out first and moving it along the base without attacking anything, while controlling the Herald taking the AA units out. I thought with 100 mill health the Shepherd would soak the damage up well without turncoat damage but it took more damage than if I sent the Herald in alone? Has anyone else tested the Shepherd as a meat shield and got similar results?

sheperd get's damaged when the enemy units gets friendly and killed by the enemy troops. i don't see any need to use sheperd in an attack.
    best way to kill shepperd? just attack any base, it will kill itself
  • Filthy Phil
    Filthy Phil
    Minor Nuisance

sheperd get's damaged when the enemy units gets friendly and killed by the enemy troops. i don't see any need to use sheperd in an attack.
    best way to kill shepperd? just attack any base, it will kill itself
    But the only way units get friendly is when the Shepherd attacks a unit and I didn't let it. I just moved the Shepherd from point A to B so there were no friendly units for the Shepherd to get damage from?
  • xxxTwistedMetalxxx
    xxxTwistedMetalxxx
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 417
    I thought 100 million health would make it a good meat shield too but its damage filter suck big. Its health seems to be more like 15mil or less
  • romanov alexandrov
    romanov alexandrov
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 64
    remember just how easy it was to get elite sheperd from boss bases with cerberus and sunder?
    I guess its just another easy come easy go thingy.....
  • PhantomLoki
    PhantomLoki
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 50
    Shepherd useless. ties so so fast. Trash unit.

• Filthy Phil
    Filthy Phil
    Minor Nuisance
    So I tried the Verkraft base again, same layout except this time I used only the Herald. It did take more damage this time around but it took about the same amount of damage as the Shepherd did the first time, which shouldn't be considering the Shepherd's health. The herald does have a slight advantage with speed and being about to take on specific units one at a time (while the shepherd took on the full brunt of the AA) so I might need to wait for them to repair and do one more test. This time, making the Herald take the exact same path as the Shepherd to conclude whether the damage adds up.

Still though, I think the Shepherd is in need of a buff, Kixeye made a buff to the Herald and the SS when they were first released so maybe they might do the same with the Shepherd if there are enough complaints...
  • Speed-o-Sound_Sonic
    Speed-o-Sound_Sonic
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2017 Posts: 369
    This is the most useless unique unit in war commander i ever seen. I tryed my shepherd in 50v thor and shepherd could not finish it and my shepherd dyed in 50v thor base after 1min what the hell kix i cant use my logic or strategic i cant use my brains to do bases with shepherd because this unit makes 0 sense. For what this unit is created? For taking damage? Units dye in bases in few seconds after they get infected with shepherd bombs lol and shepherd take all that demage jesus crist can you explain how sum health of units in 50v thor base have 100M hp?
    everyone wants GIF
  • DisclosedBarrel
    DisclosedBarrel
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 595
    Best used in a base heavy with sustain damage rather than burst. The rifleman theory does make a lot of sense. Say you turncoat a lv1 Lib and a Jug or DS kills it the full overkill damage is added to the Shepherd. Makes total sense why 100mil goes down quickly. Play safer, dont use gainst area or burst damage units.
    Devoted to education, power and control.
  • CyberToad
    CyberToad
    WC Mod
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 5,985
    I use the Shepherd to remove defensive building.  I try not to shoot at anything with a "high health rate"  which means I have to control the Shepherd at all times and not let it auto attack units.  Yes I take damage from accidentally turning enemy units, but with a little practice I have gotten pretty good at trimming out the building so that my other units can come in and take less damage.   I am using the Shepherd and Manticore along with the Herald a lot in this event.   Shepherd for taking out building, Manticore for taking out units and Herald for those extra tough nasties that will damage the Shepherd and Manticore too much.

Kixeye Forum/Chat Moderator

Request Support                           Help Desk                            Cybertoad Chat (discord)
    Report a Suspected Cheater                           Kixeye Forum Rules                            Report Harassment
  • hogy75
    hogy75
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 195
    CyberToad said:
    I use the Shepherd to remove defensive building.  I try not to shoot at anything with a "high health rate"  which means I have to control the Shepherd at all times and not let it auto attack units.  Yes I take damage from accidentally turning enemy units, but with a little practice I have gotten pretty good at trimming out the building so that my other units can come in and take less damage.   I am using the Shepherd and Manticore along with the Herald a lot in this event.   Shepherd for taking out building, Manticore for taking out units and Herald for those extra tough nasties that will damage the Shepherd and Manticore too much.
    lol have you made it too mission 12 yet that's slow going can only hope tech for it is like -90% damage from all lol
  • RSGhost
    RSGhost
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 262
    CyberToad said:
    sorry to interrupt but manticores are much much better in any meaning vs shepherd :S i even manage to do 99% maps in event with only manticores. I`ve sent multiple bug reports with proves about shepherd and all got ignored from that it takes over 100% DMG back on itself plus units that are turncoated don't do anything, and mostly turn in useless units that deal no damage what so ever.
  • Adel-Tech
    Adel-Tech
    WC Mod
    Joined Jan 2019 Posts: 1,521

The shepherd can be fixed through his techs which we are 2 months away from getting them and the shepherd isn’t a unique that is used alone i saw that Cerberuses and darkstorm gives the turncoated units a good cover from damage

War isn't won by having the latest tech, but by using what you have in ways you haven't used them before
  • AzertWarrior
    AzertWarrior
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 43

The damages obnoxious but its better than herald have long range and Last longer could be used as tank

• Loco266
    Loco266
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 5,725

@AzertWarrior said:
    The damages obnoxious but its better than herald have long range and Last longer could be used as tank

You don't want to tank with something that has that kind of repair time

I'm starting to understand Magic Bunny's perspective...
  • ARCTIC SWAGG
    ARCTIC SWAGG
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 534
    I thought it was a terrible idea making units that turn opposing units against themselves was a bad idea.... THEN Kix adds another level of Bullsnot and makes the unit itself take damage ..... Another reason why the fun and interest in the game is coming to the end

• Filthy Phil
    Filthy Phil
    Minor Nuisance
    So my third test I moved both the Herald and the Shepherd in a straight line and the Shepherd definitely took more damage:

• Ahmed Algendy
    Ahmed Algendy
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 795

@CyberToad said:

Can u try it in max bases and see what happen even u control it ☺

• Strong_Thinker
    Strong_Thinker
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 1,652
    why use shepherd when manticores are even better :smile:

WC: #Addicted
    Vega: Meh
    Battle Pirates: Played, Forgotten, Never Returned RIP
  • insideoutside
    insideoutside
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 1,139
    Shepturd is a big piece of chit put in your hangar and or scrap it.What a waste of time and effort to get this hunk of chit.Another swing and miss.
  • blade.e
    blade.e
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 370
    what is the point in a unit that turns other units then takes all the damage from them ? kixeye need to stop the shepturd getting the damage from the turncoats or it is useless  
  • Gudari43
    Gudari43
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 1,229
    Where Shepherd does quite well is in PVP supporting an attack force turn-coating defending units.  Under PVP repairs time considerably less and tempting to instant repair for a couple of coins.